Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Which countries or regions has AccorHotels forgotten?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which countries or regions has AccorHotels forgotten?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
AccorHotels vowed to open 1 hotel a day, an increase from 1 hotel every 33 hours at the moment.
Where do you most like to see AccorHotels? And where is the place where AccorHotels require a lot more presence than currently has?
Let me start with mine:
Unacceptable
Malaysia - majority of hotels are in KL only. Only 1 in Penang, 1 in Johor. NONE in Langkawi (The resort island), NONE in Ipoh. Really bad.
Perhaps we should let the new CEO know so we can establish new hotels there!
how about the Pullman Kuching and Pullman Miri ? There a couple of Accor properties in Sabah as well but I can only recall the Mercure

Instead of opening MORE hotels, I'd rather they focus on the QUALITY.

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Let me share a bit for development in Malaysia,
1) Langkawi - there is a Angsana resort in pipeline
2) Kota Bharu - Kelantan, the Ibis Styles building is ready, i heard they are in the middle of getting permit or license. (reference: Company Background - Halaman Group )
3) Johor - the ibis styles near Legoland will soft open this June, and set to official open in September.
4) Ipoh, there is a pullman under construction, but the progress seems stopped for quite sometime, not sure if they already abandoned it?
Old May 3, 2019, 3:03 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
That is a shame, this was a good hotel, fitting well for a MGallery.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:37 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
If I can quote Sebastian Bazin in a recent interview:

80% of travellers travel to 320 main cities around the world. Cities matter, countries don't matter.

So looking at this thread, maybe he does not care much about the adriatic coast, but I am sure he feels it when they lose a MGallery in Milan.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

80% of travellers travel to 320 main cities around the world. Cities matter, countries don't matter.

So looking at this thread, maybe he does not care much about the adriatic coast, but I am sure he feels it when they lose a MGallery in Milan.
last year Milan have welcomed 9.1 mln turists, with an average stay 3.8 days, on 12 months

last year Rimini have welcomed 3.8 mln turisti, with an average stay 4.18 days, 90% of them on 4 months

i’m quite sure Mr. Bazin makes more profit from his Mercure in Rimini, open from June to September than from his (previous) Mgallery in Milan 😃
Old May 3, 2019, 5:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

Is this the one Gilbert? I just watched it, personally I respect the ambition and direction.
https://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/2019/05/02/ahice-exclusive-video-accor-ceo-sebastien-bazin/
gilbertaue likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:14 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Some of the examples in the first post could equally be used for other chains as well, Taiwan has been a tough market for most of the chains with Holiday Inn, Hilton and Westin exiting in the past fifteen years while Sheraton stumbled on with the grand old Lei Lei. The trend does seem to be reversing with Hilton back, along with a Double Tree, while Bonvoy has new properties and IHG took over Regent.

Langkawi is similar in that context, with the Sheraton’s going (one morphed into the excellent Westin) including the four points, while there has been a few luxury additions, IHG has nothing and neither has Hilton.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
For the journeys I make the huge gaps are Scandinavia and Finland.

The choice there tends to be Radisson or Scandic and while some are acceptable they are hugely expensive for what they offer and away from the capital cities even worse.

I've never been in either a Radisson or Scandic that would compare well with a Mercure or Novotel, let alone one of the more premium brands and would certainly not choose either chain outside of Scandinavia and Finland.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Goldorak
My own list would be :
- Greece
I was not aware, but I have just noticed that Angsana is coming to Corfu in 2019Q3 so at least there will be one Accor hotel!
http://www.angsana.com/en/greece/corfu
Goldorak likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by markis10
Some of the examples in the first post could equally be used for other chains as well, Taiwan has been a tough market for most of the chains with Holiday Inn, Hilton and Westin exiting in the past fifteen years while Sheraton stumbled on with the grand old Lei Lei. The trend does seem to be reversing with Hilton back, along with a Double Tree, while Bonvoy has new properties and IHG took over Regent.

Langkawi is similar in that context, with the Sheraton’s going (one morphed into the excellent Westin) including the four points, while there has been a few luxury additions, IHG has nothing and neither has Hilton.

I think Taiwan is rather political..... But now internaional brand is coming back to Taiwan. I think Hilton is rather doing business in China rater than Taiwan if it has to choose one of the two.

But seriously which hotel brands that have all the coverage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.