FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Pullman Nadi (Fiji) opening troubles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1966404-pullman-nadi-fiji-opening-troubles.html)

znsm Apr 22, 2019 2:28 am

Pullman Nadi (Fiji) opening troubles

Checked into the new Pullman today and wanted to ask the group's opinion on how much of a fuss to make about several things not going well, especially given Accor's lack of corporate customer service... I'm a Gold and Accor Plus member.

- room not ready til 3.30pm, check in time is 2pm- resort is mostly empty... Couldn't find my reservation information despite booking on Accor app, made me email them the booking confirmation. Had to ask for gold recognition like upgrades etc. Told I had to wait for front office manager to finish their lunch break in 20mins before they could confirm...

- no hot water in all of hotel for today and tomorrow at least (sounds like they haven't had any since opening 3 days ago) - dinner was comped as is breakfast tomorrow (but breakfast was already included in rate)... They made the spa available as it is supposed to have hot water, requires walking through a building site and only had 2 mins of hot water

- after being sent around differend restaurants finally told no kids menus at any restaurant as they have "not yet launched" and "lack of ingredients due to Easter"

-jacuzzi pool jets not working, no poolside showers as not yet installed

- no pillow options, just soft feather pillows - am uses to foam always being an option at 5* hotels and Pullmans?

- in room safe not bolted to wall (found the bolts inside)

- etc etc

I get it's a new opening but especially with the hot water, it seems like too much to go wrong. What do you think? Conscious it is a very first world problem but I'm paying a normal advertised rate.

The staff are trying their best and very friendly for the most part.

starflyergold Apr 22, 2019 2:41 am

Oh dear, that sounds they opened too soon. I would expect something more than a comped meal or two by way of compensation..

Goldorak Apr 22, 2019 2:42 am

I understand they are in soft opening mode ? But nothing really works.
This succession of problems is of course not acceptable when you pay a regular rate and being a customer with high status. You should ask to speak to the GM and explain him/her politely that you are very unhappy about the situation. If you intended to stay for several days, you may ask them to consider transferring you to another hotel at their own expenses of course. They decided to open despite not being ready at all even for the strict minimum of services and amenities, so they should take their responsibilities.

hotel_user Apr 22, 2019 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31024537)
I understand they are in soft opening mode ? But nothing really works.
This succession of problems is of course not acceptable when you pay a regular rate and being a customer with high status. You should ask to speak to the GM and explain him/her politely that you are very unhappy about the situation. If you intended to stay for several days, you may ask them to consider transferring you to another hotel at their own expenses of course. They decided to open despite not being ready at all even for the strict minimum of services and amenities, so they should take their responsibilities.

Totally agree. I would asked to be moved ( at the hotels expense ) and either a partial refund of your stay or a full refund from the hotel - do not think that Accor HO will sort it the CS is poor.

For your information :

Accor HO seem to have some strange way ( ie not standard ) way of giving compensation.

Have received 1500 points for workmen refurbishing next door room ( Novotel )
2000 points for other building problems ( Ibis )
a cup of instant coffee for a DND being "forgotten" and rudely woken at a McGallary
100 points for re using bed sheets ( Mercure )
one set meal for two as pool not working over entire 4 night stay at Mercure
breakfast for two as no hotel airport shuttle ( despite advertised - had to take taxi - Sofitel )

Walked from Victory House to St James ( 3 days in advance ) due to opening issues at Victory House

and NOTHING for an Ibis totally destroying 300€ worth of medicine as it was placed in a freezer not a fridge. No apology. Did get some hotel points but they were not cash.

Also a total refund of two nights stay for wifi not working in a Premier Inn ! ( No status just asked ) -

We stay in probably over 100 hotel nights a year. This is a list from the past four years. It is rare to be in this situation, but it does occur. Stand your ground. Sort it with the hotel direct. That way both parties get some form of closure on it, and you can salvage what you can from the stay.

hotel_user Apr 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Having said that we get good / excellent service in 98 out of 100 stays.

It is easy to complan, but difficult to prase. I always make a point of thanking people for good or excellent service as only a few do, but most will complain when things are bad.
In your case, I think you have a genuine case to complain !

( not sure why this was left off the above post )

znsm Apr 23, 2019 3:50 am

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Hotel offered accommodation at another hotel or a fully comped stay which seems to be a good outcome in line with what you'd expect.

znsm Apr 23, 2019 3:55 am

Originally Posted by hotel_user (Post 31026927)
- do not think that Accor HO will sort it the CS is poor.

Wow those examples are just bizarre, thanks for sharing! I moved from Hilton to Accor loyalty due to a geographical move, and Hilton head office service was always amazing and reliable if the hotel messed up. But Accor can't even get earning regular points right as I've learned first hand, thus so little confidence in other issues like this.

hotel_user Apr 23, 2019 4:03 am

Originally Posted by znsm (Post 31028024)
Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Hotel offered accommodation at another hotel or a fully comped stay which seems to be a good outcome in line with what you'd expect.

This is a good result for the OP.

It also shows that the hotel cares about the guests, and will go the extra distance if there is a problem.

Enjoy the stay.