Wiki Posts
Search

Pullman Putrajaya gone; alternative?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Pullman Putrajaya gone; alternative?

as with the Pullman Putrajaya leaving Accor Group, what other Accor hotel would you recommend for a one night stay close to KUL or within reasonable distance?
thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

did a search and the Mövenpick KLIA is very close with free shuttle
anybody any idea when those hotels will join the Accor program?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:26 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Did you read the Accor hotels Malaysia thread? Methinks you will find the info you seek, FWIW I don’t class Putrajaya as close to KL.
nancypants and BinSabai like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
I wont recommend movenpick, go read those recent reviews at tripadvisor, that property is badly managed, also there is transportation issue at that location, which caused many traveller missed flight.

1) Hotel's airport shuttle running once every 2 hours, and some reviewers even get charged by using it.
2) If you planning to use Grab to call taxi/car, you will be disappointed because no driver will pickup your order, it's because taxi and grab driver are required to queue at airport to pickup customer, those airport pickup gets higher fare charge. The problem is Movenpick is so near to airport, fare charge is so low, so no driver willing to give up their queue to answer such a short distance job.

if you really want to stay at accor property, i will recommend to stay at city center,
1) ibis fraser park - this hotel is near to MEX highway entrance, an espressway to airport, 30-40min drive.
2) pullman klcc, novotel klcc, ibis klcc all three are like 5-10min to MEX highway, then from MEX to airport is around 30-40min drive.
3) sofitel damansara - this hotel is a little away from city center, but it is located next to SPRINT highway, which linked to NKVE highway to airport. driving distance to airport is around 40-50min.

you also have alternative to use KLIA Express Train, just take grab or taxi from hotel to KL Sentral train station, 10-15min distance from all the hotels above.

Originally Posted by markis10
Did you read the Accor hotels Malaysia thread? Methinks you will find the info you seek, FWIW I don’t class Putrajaya as close to KL.
he wants location near to KUL (airport code for kuala lumpur international airport), and Putrajaya is quite near to it.
Kobetraveller and BinSabai like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
if you really want to stay at accor property, i will recommend to stay at city center,
1) ibis fraser park - this hotel is near to MEX highway entrance, an espressway to airport, 30-40min drive.
2) pullman klcc, novotel klcc, ibis klcc all three are like 5-10min to MEX highway, then from MEX to airport is around 30-40min drive.
3) sofitel damansara - this hotel is a little away from city center, but it is located next to SPRINT highway, which linked to NKVE highway to airport. driving distance to airport is around 40-50min.

you also have alternative to use KLIA Express Train, just take grab or taxi from hotel to KL Sentral train station, 10-15min distance from all the hotels above.
thanks!
do you know whether any of those Hotels offer Shuttles to KUL as all are over 50km from the Airport and that means quite high taxi Costs (KLIA express Train is a bit inconvenient as I have some luggage…)
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks!
do you know whether any of those Hotels offer Shuttles to KUL as all are over 50km from the Airport and that means quite high taxi Costs (KLIA express Train is a bit inconvenient as I have some luggage…)
I am afraid none offer free airport shuttle.

if you use the GRAB app, it's fixed rate MYR 65 one way to airport, plus some expressway surcharge around MYR 5.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

I am afraid none offer free airport shuttle.

if you use the GRAB app, it's fixed rate MYR 65 one way to airport, plus some expressway surcharge around MYR 5.
thanks
I was not expecting FREE shuttle and certainly I would pay for it
So what would be a normal taxi fare out of KL to the Airport in comparison to the GRAB rate of 65 MYR?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks
I was not expecting FREE shuttle and certainly I would pay for it
So what would be a normal taxi fare out of KL to the Airport in comparison to the GRAB rate of 65 MYR?
if you want proper taxi, then take the official airport taxi, call this number in malaysia 1300-88-8989, book a day or two in advance,
the operator will inform you a fixed rate (including expressway fee) based on your point of origin, and best thing is this is insured so if their mistake causing you missed flight then you get compensation.
This airport taxi fare is quite low, maybe RM70-80 from the city center to airport, the cheapest option is "budget taxi" will be a 4-door-sedan car, the boot can fit at least 2x 24inch suitcase.

the risk of calling GRAB is the they might send small compact car without a boot.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:33 am
Original Poster

if you want proper taxi, then take the official airport taxi, call this number in malaysia 1300-88-8989, book a day or two in advance,
the operator will inform you a fixed rate (including expressway fee) based on your point of origin, and best thing is this is insured so if their mistake causing you missed flight then you get compensation.
This airport taxi fare is quite low, maybe RM70-80 from the city center to airport, the cheapest option is "budget taxi" will be a 4-door-sedan car, the boot can fit at least 2x 24inch suitcase.

the risk of calling GRAB is the they might send small compact car without a boot.
thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.