MGallery, Kyoto, Japan

Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by JTCz
That said, this property is not listed in the Master Lounge / Free Breakfast list, but this my simply be due to delays in updating it.
That "official" breakfast & lounge list on the accor website is full of errors and omissions.

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
As a Fairmont transplant, I don't quite understand this program. I emailed them to ask.
You will get much better info from flyertalk than emailing anyone at accor.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
The hotel confirmed free breakfast for plats. And free bikes! Eagerly awaiting the review
JTCz likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by BeachRat

I didn’t ask, but they did have a nice buffet spread out when we were there. Not many guests yet at the hotel, but it was lovely. My review coming soon...
How is hat review coming
BeachRat likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Been open almost a year now....anyone actually been here yet ?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Been open almost a year now....anyone actually been here yet ?
I was looking to book it in April. However, the price is pretty steep considering they have no executive/club lounge.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
How is hat review coming
So, ummm, more than a bit embarrassing here, but FINALLY!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Kyoto Yura Hotel MGallery, Kyoto, Japan - Review

The Kyoto Yura Hotel MGallery is a very recent addition to the MGallery collection, having opened in April 2019. We stayed here for 4 nights in June 2019, only a couple months after it opened. On our previous trip, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto, so I will make some comparisons in this review.

The hotel is located in the Northwest corner of the Higashiyama Ward in Kyoto, and situated almost over the entrance to Sanjo Station. From a walking perspective with access to many of the city's key sites, this really can't be beat. Gion and Nishiki Market are both a short stroll away, and Kiyomizu-dera, along with the Ninenzaka and Sanenzaka shopping streets make for an excellent half-day hike and excursion. The remainder of Kyoto is accessible via local train and bus routes, all well serviced by the Sanjo station area. The Hyatt Regency Kyoto, by contrast, is further South in Higashiyama and nestled a bit further up the hill. While the Hyatt surroundings are beautiful, overall the Kyoto Yura MGallery location would definitely be my choice.

Check-In
The front desk is manned by combination front desk / concierge associates. Check-in was quick and hassle-free. We were invited to sit down in the lobby chairs for a hot tea while they prepared our paperwork, and they walked us through a map of the area and our previously arranged concierge restaurant requests. The staff were quite helpful during our stay, and their concierge service was excellent in securing reservations at several hard to get restaurants.

The hotel decor is comfortable and modern, with dark woods contrasted by white and light. A 2-story bamboo grove atrium adds color and light to the hotel interior.

Room
The Superior Room (shown below), at 280sf was by no means large, but it sufficed for 2 people for our stay. The Deluxe Room, at 333sf and ~15% more cost, would have definitely been more luxurious. At 237sf, the Classic Room would seem to be more than a bit constricting, but room rates might be a good tradeoff for some. The room was sleek, clean, comfortable, and new. The bed was an oversize King that was so comfortable. Even though on a busy street, the room and hotel were extremely quiet. Overall, the room was comparable to the Hyatt Regency Kyoto, however newer and also slightly less expensive. The Kyoto Yura MGallery also wins for me here.

Food
While we didn't eat any meals here, the breakfast buffet was well stocked and the food looked excellent. Even nicer was the surrounding bamboo forest, which you could enjoy while chowing on breakfast.

Overall
Given its walking proximity to so many sights, and the newness of the Kyoto Yura Hotel MGallery, I would definitely return here. For some, the seclusion and spaciousness of the Hyatt Regency Kyoto would be more important, but access to transit, walking distance to sights, price, and newness are all factors that favor the Kyoto Yura MGallery. Definitely recommended.

Kyoto Yura Hotel MGallery
84 Ohashicho
Higashiyama ku
kyoto
japan
Tel: (+81)753665800
Fax: (+81)753665803

Last edited by BeachRat; Feb 29, 2020 at 11:12 am
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Oh well... This place won't be an Accor MGallery hotel soon.

Just received this and I do have a Accor Plus booking for Obon (August 13~15) using Accor Points. Worst case scenario!
Booking the Mercure Kyoto in parallel for safety.

This E-mail is to inform you that our hotel will no longer be operated by Accor from March 1, 2022 onwards and will reopen under the new management of Banyan Tree Group.
Along with the rebrand, our hotel operation will be temporarily closing the doors from 15th of February, 2022 until further notice.

■Name of the hotel

[OLD] KYOTO YURA HOTEL MGallery

[NEW] DHAWA YURA KYOTO

■Rebranding Schedule

Final Check-Out Date: Tuesday, 15th February, 2022
Closed: From 15th February 2022
Soft open: Scheduled on the Spring 2022
   **could be partly under construction untill the formal open date.
Formal open: Scheduled on June 2022

We would like to hold your current reservation with same rate and same condition.
Please contact your booking source if you need cancellation due to the rebranding.

Under the present condition between Accor and Banyan Tree, the member benefits of ALL may not be eligible, and also you may not be able to accumulate points nor use the points at hotel. However, as they are in the middle of discussing regarding the contract, once we have any new information, we will contact you if you wish to hold the current reservation.
Note that Accor is still taking bookings for this hotel right now as if nothing had happened.

Julien
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:26 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by generikz
Oh well... This place won't be an Accor MGallery hotel soon.

Just received this and I do have a Accor Plus booking for Obon (August 13~15) using Accor Points. Worst case scenario!
Booking the Mercure Kyoto in parallel for safety.

Note that Accor is still taking bookings for this hotel right now as if nothing had happened.

Julien
Banyan Tree and Accor have a relationship, all is not lost
Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by markis10
Banyan Tree and Accor have a relationship, all is not lost
Dhawa is a non-participating brand.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:38 am

Here is the latest update (BOTH MGallery in Kyoto are rebranding).

Julien

--
Warm greeting from DHAWA YURA KYOTO (ex. KYOTO YURA HOTEL MGALLERY).
Please refer the updated information below, regarding ALL membership benefit after our rebranding.

■ You can use and earn ALL points same as before.
■ Turn-down service will not be available.(at both DHAWA YURA KYOTO, GARRYA NIJO CASTLE KYOTO)
■ Mini-bar free service will not be available. (at both DHAWA YURA KYOTO, GARRYA NIJO CASTLE KYOTO)
■ Suite Night Upgrade will not be available at DHAWA YURA KYOTO.
It will be available at GARRYA NIJO CASTLE KYOTO.
■ Accor Plus membership benefits will not be eligible at both DHAWA YURA KYOTO, GARRYA NIJO CASTLE KYOTO.

Other :

Early check-in, late check-out/ Free breakfast for Platinum or upper members/ Welcome amenity for Platinum or upper members , those services will be available same as before.

Please check our new official websites,
DHAWA YURA KYOTO
https://www.dhawa.com/en/dhawa-yura/yura.html

GARRYA NIJO CASTLE KYOTO
https://www.banyantree.com/japan/garrya-nijo-castle-kyoto

Both facilities are going to be opened from 18th March 2022.
**All system setting and constructions will be done by the formal opening day in June.
EcotoneHR likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:10 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by generikz
Here is the latest update (BOTH MGallery in Kyoto are rebranding).

Julien

--
Like I said, all is not lost, just most of the benefits!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by markis10
Like I said, all is not lost, just most of the benefits!
Happy ending in the end since the initial bookings have been rebooked under the initial conditions/prices, which is very nice of them since the price roughly doubled since I booked.

https://all.accor.com/hotel/C015/index.en.shtml

When making a booking at this hotel:
  • I earn Status & Rewards points
  • I can use my Rewards points
  • I benefit from advantages
They did take care of the transition pretty well!

Julien

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.