Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
0 nights / 0 points

Having taken on a slightly different role to be at home more with my newborn (now 6 months old) son, my travel has been significantly reduced since October. However - starting with a holiday booking in May, it's back to earning some status points with Accor. I'm hopeful that by pushing all of my family travel into Accor this year (which I don't usually but the destinations work well with Accor's portfolio this year) as well I my work trips - which start up again in July - I should get to around 9000-10000 points this year.
starflyergold and Dav77 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by andimilk
0 nights / 0 points

Having taken on a slightly different role to be at home more with my newborn (now 6 months old) son, my travel has been significantly reduced since October. However - starting with a holiday booking in May, it's back to earning some status points with Accor. I'm hopeful that by pushing all of my family travel into Accor this year (which I don't usually but the destinations work well with Accor's portfolio this year) as well I my work trips - which start up again in July - I should get to around 9000-10000 points this year.
0 business nights isn’t a failure, on the contrary, it can be a big success, especially if it means to spend a lot of time more with your newborn son 👍

congratulations and I hope you will enjoy every time 😊

...there is always time to languish every day in a hotel room ...
cowism, hotel_user and andimilk like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
0 nights / 0 points

Originally Posted by Dav77

0 business nights isn’t a failure, on the contrary, it can be a big success, especially if it means to spend a lot of time more with your newborn son ��

congratulations and I hope you will enjoy every time ��

...there is always time to languish every day in a hotel room ...
I agree completely. In my book, that's a success. I can count on one hand, the number of nights I've had to spend in a hotel for business purposes in the past 10 years. I resist all business travel wherever and whenever possible.

Congratulations, and enjoy your family time!
hotel_user, andimilk and Dav77 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:55 pm

5627 and 14 nights
6 nights and points coming
kees
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So far, 27 nights and about 9250 status points.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:55 am

13666 points and 37 nights so far... (too much business travel in first part of year!)
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:22 am

10732 points and 17 nights
plat again no problem this year and diamond possible
kees
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: All Diamond
Currently 5500 points and 30 nights. This will become 40 nights on return from Nz next week. Happy to stay at Platinum as unable to reach Diamond through number of nights alone .Never reach 26,000 points as everything is self funded and nothing to do with work perks unfortunately !
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sycokid
Happy to stay at Platinum as unable to reach Diamond through number of nights alone.
It’s not possible to qualify for Diamond on nights, only status points.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: All Diamond
Yep I realize that hence the happy to stay at diamond as I cant achieve diamond via nights and there's no chance of gaining 26000 status points as my finance will not allow an astronomical amount of points when self funded
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
And with ALL details are still not yet announced, I would be worry to spend more at this stage.

Furthermore, Diamond tier will push Platinums back in the upgrade pecking order.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Furthermore, Diamond tier will push Platinums back in the upgrade pecking order.
I don’t think so. We are not talking about hordes of Diamonds members
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Made Platinum with one 7 night stay in Seychelles. Have stayed about 10 nights at various Fairmont's since, with absolute dogshlt benefits. I miss FPC.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:01 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
4,795 status points and 28 nights. I'm actually not sure if I'll be able to retain platinum or not - I do not have any travel planned for the rest of the year.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
4,795 status points and 28 nights. I'm actually not sure if I'll be able to retain platinum or not - I do not have any travel planned for the rest of the year.
Still time to think about it and book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.