Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:12 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
The suite upgrades (when they come on stream) will have to be done via the phone (call centre) initially, not online.
I want to say "unbelievable", but for some reason I can't. Accor has been working on ALL for at least a year now, or should have been.

Status perks for ALL will be as they are currently stated, no further changes or announcements are expected.
At the risk of repeating points made several times above, if Diamond isn't actually going to be special, with more in the way of guaranteed benefits, then all it will do devalue Platinum status. I'm going to end 2019 with 25 Accor stays, 60 nights and around 23,000 points. Right now I can't imagine directing a similar amount of business to Accor next year.

As for "retraining" -- I think someone's having a laugh.
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by IMH; Nov 11, 2019 at 2:24 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:31 am

I have to agree
I did hope on more and better benefits as mentioned before
i see not enough difference between plat and diamond
positiv - retraining
-better customer care meaby
i will ask and see in dec what is the outcome of the retraining
and if the guaranteed suite upgrade is now a reality
greetings
cornelis
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by IMH
At the risk of repeating points made several times above, if Diamond isn't actually going to be special, with more in the way of guaranteed benefits, then all it will do devalue Platinum status. I'm going to end 2019 with 25 Accor stays, 60 nights and around 23,000 points. Right now I can't imagine directing a similar amount of business to Accor next year.
I was thinking the opposite. Since Diamond doesn't offer anything useful beyond Platinum, it doesn't devalue Platinum at all. Diamond devalues itself by not offering anything. Just go for Platinum and stop there, and put any additional business to other chains, and you'll be way ahead.

I can't understand what Accor is thinking here. Why offer a status that offers a customer no reason to care to get there? I thought the whole point of a loyalty program was to incent your customers to spend money with you? But once you've hit 14,000 points, you've basically reached the top, and can easily go elsewhere.
nrouxel and EcotoneHR like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:34 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I was thinking the opposite. Since Diamond doesn't offer anything useful beyond Platinum, it doesn't devalue Platinum at all. Diamond devalues itself by not offering anything.
What you say makes sense, but I suspect we'll see a negative effect in the form of hotel staff (quite reasonably, from their point of view) no longer seeing Platinum as the top tier.

You're certainly right that -- based on what we know so far and starflyergold saying we shouldn't expect any further announcements -- no one is likely to see Diamond as worth aspiring to.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:42 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Just to be clear, the Diamond level will be as is. That is not to say that it might not evolve eventually, but on the 1st of January the perks we know about will be the perks.
gilbertaue, Goldorak and tris06 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Some updates:

In the run up to the ALL launch Accor will change their call centre and customer service providers. This is supposed to be happening this week.

The suite upgrades (when they come on stream) will have to be done via the phone (call centre) initially, not online.

All hotels are being retrained currently on loyalty issues.

Status perks for ALL will be as they are currently stated, no further changes or announcements are expected.
I was also surprised to learn that suite upgrades will have to be done via the phone at the beginning, but Rome was not built in a day, and this should be integrated into the new app quickly.
From what I understand, the biggest challenge for Accor is the integration of a common reservation/customer loyalty system applicable to all the [39] brands of Accor. It may sound simple for us, but it seems like a difficult task for which other hotel groups have had a hard time (think SPG / Marriott).
No changes are expected for the moment for status perks for ALL, which is a disappointment for me because the program does not seem to me as generous as that of other large hotel groups (Hilton or Marriott).
For the moment, Accor's strategy is to establish new partnerships so that ALL members can earn and spend points not only in hotels but also with tourism and leisure companies in general (ALL / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership for example). New partnerships are expected to be announced in 2020.
The good news for me is that all hotels are being retrained currently on loyalty issues. It's time for the hotels of the group to really apply the loyalty program: I am particularly thinking of hotels in France where often I have to explain to hoteliers what LCAH is.
starflyergold and Goldorak like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
An interesting article (in french) about ALL positioning and their wish to offer a global experience (not limited to hotels)

https://www.magazine-decideurs.com/n...ce=Emailvision
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:17 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I read the interview. My Bullsh!t Bingo grid is full.
Honestly this guy is great at making a mountain from a mole.
This part is intriguing:
Nous avons également mis en place un outil de veille sociale qui permet de voir tout ce que les clients postent sur les réseaux sociaux, via leur profil .public. C’est un moyen pour le staff d’un hôtel d’ętre réactif si une famille fęte un anniversaire par exemple, pour leur manifester une attention particuličre. Gr ce ŕ cet outil baptisé « sparkles » [étincelles, Ndlr], nos équipes digitales peuvent contribuer ŕ construire des histoires.
Assuming again that the personal data they gave me are correct, there is no such thing for me for example. Despite me posting about Accor here and on Twitter.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I was also surprised to learn that suite upgrades will have to be done via the phone at the beginning, but Rome was not built in a day, and this should be integrated into the new app quickly.
From what I understand, the biggest challenge for Accor is the integration of a common reservation/customer loyalty system applicable to all the [39] brands of Accor. It may sound simple for us, but it seems like a difficult task for which other hotel groups have had a hard time (think SPG / Marriott).
No changes are expected for the moment for status perks for ALL, which is a disappointment for me because the program does not seem to me as generous as that of other large hotel groups (Hilton or Marriott).
For the moment, Accor's strategy is to establish new partnerships so that ALL members can earn and spend points not only in hotels but also with tourism and leisure companies in general (ALL / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership for example). New partnerships are expected to be announced in 2020.
The good news for me is that all hotels are being retrained currently on loyalty issues. It's time for the hotels of the group to really apply the loyalty program: I am particularly thinking of hotels in France where often I have to explain to hoteliers what LCAH is.
Agree with the integration issues .... they only have 1 year human timescale to do ALL these ... from integrating those new brands hotel, new loyalty program branding, and adding extra feature like SNA

The almighty Bonvoy have few years to do this and they still manage to Bonvoyed it

About ALL the benefit of Diamond members, honestly I did find its very weak and it really didn't match the tier requirements.

While Bonvoy Ambassador tier similarly lack of confirmed benefits (Your24 have to be requested and approved by property and it seems like the chance of rejection is pretty high) other than having an ambassador assigned to you which have very different in quality, they do have significant advantage of more generous upgrade benefit. (Although this also sometimes ignored by the property and Marriott never bother to make a fuss about it.)
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I strongly recommend Monsieur Dubois reads https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...ine-check.html here on FT before making nonsensical statements such as

In addition, with the online check-in which fluidifies and accelerates considerably the entrance routes in the hotels, the staff is freed from the administrative part, tedious and time-consuming, and can focus on customer relations; the "welcoming" as the English say!
Bingo indeed

It frees up exactly nothing in my humble opinion.
IMH and EcotoneHR like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:15 am
R2

I strongly recommend Monsieur Dubois reads https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...ine-check.html here on FT before making nonsensical statements such as

Bingo indeed

It frees up exactly nothing in my humble opinion.
+1. The online check-in is a big bubble of hot air. A couple of weeks ago I stayed at a Swissotel and despite having done the online check-in, I had to manually (yes!) fill in a form with things like address, email etc at check-in. I challenged the need to do it as not only did I do the online check-in (and I 'only needed to pick up my room key') but they also had all my data in my LCAH profile obviously. The check-in agent was really nice so I filled in a bit and asked her to pass on the feedback to her manager.

Accor IT is one big joke.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I find that even after I did OLCI at either Accor or Marriott hotels, I still need to stop by front desk to show my ID (passport)
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
OLCI is indeed totally useless and a source of additional IT problems with LCAH. We ALL know that
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Indeed, those features are much more difficult to implement than what we think. No wonder why Accor will need more time for this and at least there will be a temporary solution with the customer service by phone.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:13 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I find that even after I did OLCI at either Accor or Marriott hotels, I still need to stop by front desk to show my ID (passport)
I dont see the issue here. What's wrong with ensuring that you are who you say you are?

The rest of the OLCI process should not involve filling out forms and should just involve handing over room keys (which obviously Accor's IT struggle with), but an ID check is pretty essential.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Nov 13, 2019 at 3:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.