Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pullman Naithon Arcadia vs Pullman Phuket Panwa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

Hello there! I'm planning a huge trip to Thailand in July. I'm going to stay in Phuket for 4 nights. I would have previously traveled to Koh Phagnan and Koh Samui on the same trip...I'm torn as to where to stay between 2 Pullman hotels in Phuket.

Pros of Pullman Naithon Arcadia: A little nicer, closer to the airport, better beach

Pros of Pullman Phuket Panwa: Seems that there are more chairs around the pool, better pool areas aesthetically, more chairs for the beach (beach loungers aren't allowed at the Naithon Arcadia), longer happy hours (twice a day vs once at the Arcadia), Sunday beach pool party, and room rate is cheaper.

I know there are more pros for the Panwa, but I hate the beach isn't great there. I'm a beach person hands down. I'm travelling solo and I don't care that the Panwa is secluded. I would do a day trip to Phi Phi Islands and Maya Bay -that's it. I don't have a desire to travel all over Phuket since I'm doing heavy traveling in Koh Samui (8 days) and Koh Phagnan (3 days) 2 weeks before. I just want to relax in Phuket.

I would appreciate input from people who have at least stayed at one of the resorts. If you have been to both, that would be great! Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:23 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I have stayed at both, see the reviews of both properties here on FT: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...l#post27759134 and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...l#post27707496

The Pullman Naithon Arcadia is not just "a little nicer" it is a lot nicer (but commands higher rates, sometimes too high IMHO). That said the Panwa is not bad at all. It's a matter of personal taste I guess.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:40 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
I would recommend Pullman Phuket Arcadia. Simple as that.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Panwa is nice, but out of the way and bad beach, for sure Arcadia
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
The Pullman hotels in Phuket are really far from themselves...1 extreme south of Phuket, 1 north (too much I would say)

i don’t want to enter in your decision if you want to “stay” only in one of those 2 hotels at all, but I would recommend you to evaluate also (to remain in Accor)

-Angsana Laguna Phuket

for me now it’s the best option on Accor in Phuket (excluding of course Banyan Tree, that is an “outsider” for me, due to his cost) , if you want to avoid Patong Area and if you are looking for beach life ...

never stayed at Pullman Panwa Beach, due to his location

we have been at Pullman Arcadia and we disliked because it was really too crowded, not enaught sunbeds at the pool, beach was quite dirty and no sunbeds at the beach

probably some of these matters were due to high season and I don’t know if now (last stay 3 years ago) there is availability of sunbeds at the beach (public beach)

nothing to claim about the hotel, it’s really a nice property
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Do any of these hotels in phuket have a lounge?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Pullman Arcadia Naithon beach doesn’t have a lounge.
tris06 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by tris06
Do any of these hotels in phuket have a lounge?
the hotels with lounge in Phuket are

grand mercure Patong
Novotel Phuket resort (very nice hotel)
swissotel Patong
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I thought of something this morning. Since I'm traveling during rainy season for Phuket (July) where ocean waters can be rough, wouldn't I be better off in Makham Bay (Pullman Panwa)? Wouldn't the ocean be calmer in July at the Pullman Panwa vs at the Pullman Naithon?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I was at Pullman Arcadia Naithon last week and I’m at Pullman Panwa now.

Both resorts are great, however, if I was to come back, I’d choose Arcadia Naithon Beach every time.

Arcadia Naithon Beach:

- overall, a nicer, more modern resort. I love the rooms, design, outlook over the beach - just feels secluded and so pretty.
- food options are hands down way much better. Restaurants have amazing food, and the quality is so much better.
- I’ve stayed at Naithon now twice. This year, the beach was perfect. Safe to swim at and clean. Whereas I’ve stayed before in May and the beach wasn’t safe to swim in and lots of rubbish. So time of year depends.
- better options for food and massages out on the street in Naithon Beach.
- this resort feels like a Pullman. Typical Pullman designs and feeling.
- it is slightly more expensive on the basic room front, but on this trip, I found if I wasn’t booking the cheapest room, that NaiThon Beach was actually cheaper.
- one downside is you won’t get a room upgrade to a pool villa here.

Panwa Beach
- I can tell it was a Marriott in its former life. Feels like an “American” resort, not a Pullman
- rooms are amazing. We booked a Junior Suite and were upgraded to a Pool Villa - 3 categories above.
- pool area is amazing - really has a “Beach Club” vibe to it with a swim up bar, music and food around the pool.
- I only know of one happy hour from 1-3pm and limited drinks on offer. Didn’t know there was a second one - have been told only one.
- free kayak and stand up paddle boards for use when the tide is in. When the tide is out, it’s out a long way and the water is not that nice with the port around the corner.
- food is not the best. We ate at the Thai restaurant the first night and it’s some of the worst Thai we’ve ever had. My wife got food poisoning from the other international restaurant last night.
- location isn’t as good - more remote, although there is a free bus to Central Festival Phuket shopping centre each day.
- probably cooler here with better breezes than Naithon Beach.

Both have pros and cons, but I definitely prefer Naithon Beach - although Panwa isn’t bad.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dav77
the hotels with lounge in Phuket are

grand mercure Patong
Novotel Phuket resort (very nice hotel)
swissotel Patong
I didn’t know any resorts in Phuket had a lounge. I emailed them all before coming and no one said they had one.
tris06 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by PabloM

I didn’t know any resorts in Phuket had a lounge. I emailed them all before coming and no one said they had one.
don’t know what to say ...since they have ...

happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:07 am

FYI you can find also full list on Accor app, at Platinum benefit page

normally this list is very updated, except probably few hotels

for example executive lounge at MGallery Palm Dubai is not mentioned, but there is

Might be interested if any frequent Accor traveler would check it and report if know any missing Lounge 😊
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

That’s very interesting with the lounges - although I didnt actually email these 3 hotels as they are in Patong which I hate.

Good to know.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by PabloM
That’s very interesting with the lounges - although I didnt actually email these 3 hotels as they are in Patong which I hate.

Good to know.
The Novotel is located at north Patong, in front of (after the street) Kalim beach, that is always very less crowded than other Patong beaches

of course it’s not the best place in Thailand 😃 but it can be nice if want to spend some days across new year near Patong but quite far from the Butcher’s ... 😃

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.