Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Any special benefit staying at an Accor hotel on birthday?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any special benefit staying at an Accor hotel on birthday?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 2:29 am

Getting old so I never say anything in advance about birthdays although it is always interesting to see what happens, if anything.

It was my turn this month.

This was my first time to be in an Accor hotel (Pullman) on my birthday, and another one (Sofitel) ten days later.

The bigger surprise was the Sofitel (KL, Malaysia) as my birthday had already passed. I booked the lowest category room and when I opened the door I found that I was in their Prestige Suite with Hermes Toiletries on the highest floor for rooms. Inside was a handwritten (belated) birthday card personally signed by about ten staff who I knew from previous Stays, and mention of the fact that they knew I am doing my best these days to avoid cakes and alcohol. There was an ice bucket with two bottles of delicious handmade lemonade.

The Pullman (KL, Malaysia) was a bit more conventional but greatly appreciated. I was just sitting in the Club Lounge looking down at my phone when suddenly I heard and saw the GEM and three young Lounge staff standing in front of me singing Happy Birthday and clapping with a very delicious (not too big) birthday cake and a handwritten card by one of the staff. Lots of staff from both hotels kindly wished me Happy Birthday.

Anyway, that is my experience this year. First time with Accor. Survived another year.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; May 29, 2019 at 3:46 am
Old May 30, 2019, 9:09 am

Fairmont Austin: Received a welcome email from the hotel a week before the reservation and the Gold concierge asked if we were celebrating anything special. I responded back to the email to let them know we were celebrating my partner's birthday. When we got to our room, there was a plate of truffles and a birthday message from the hotel!
EcotoneHR likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
My birthday was this weekend and I spent it at the Mercure Excelsior in Belgrade, Serbia. I got both a very tasty cake and a cheeky t-shirt from the hotel - much appreciated. Overall a great hotel (with ridiculously good value for money, I paid 56 eur/night) and some of the best loyalty recognition I've ever had in an Accor hotel.

I didn't tell the hotel in any form that it was my birthday, they must have seen it in my profile.

ebuck, Goldorak, Maelstrom and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Nander; Jun 3, 2019 at 2:28 pm
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
I agree completely with everything you wrote (it's really worth it to go there even if it's just for their wonderful treatment of Le Club members) and would just like to add that the staff there are the nicest people I've ever encountered in a hotel, even better than the staff in hotels in Thailand
gilbertaue and Nander like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.