Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club benefits now available at (some) Banyan Tree Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Club benefits now available at (some) Banyan Tree Properties

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by tris06
Asked the hotel (Zhuhai phoenix bay) I had originally booked during the x4 points promotion period.
The rooms are much cheaper now with this woman's day promotion. I booked before the cheapest room level for 2 nights for 3600rmb
Now the room 1 level higher is 3828rmb for 3 nights. So I rang the hotel and they will allow the change.
So 282rmb or about 35 Euro's extra, 1 extra night and a better room guaranteed with maybe a suite upgrade upon check in. Done!
Hotel said they will fully refund the previous booking even though it is actually a non refundable rate. Happy here!
Plus I think I can get then x3 rewards points for the booking so no big loss there (Check in Thursday, check out Sunday)
sweet deal!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
From Zhuhai Pheonix Bay Agsana

Dear Mr. M.....

We see your made a new booking from 4th to 7th April, and we cancelled your old booking.

We free upgrade your room to Volcanic Therapeutic Pool King bed room, and we will send a pound of birthday cake to your son.

Please let me know if you have question.

Best regards,

Skye Chen
Nice to know they already offered the upgrade 3 weeks before our check in. In the end I saved money by keeping the same room type (1 night extra too) as my wife prefers the outside spa. The first level suite seems to not have that.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
First Banyan Tree hotel in Japan

Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, and Richesse Management, Inc. announce the signing of a hotel management agreement to operate the first Banyan Tree hotel in Japan upon the redevelopment of Hotel Ryozen (Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto)

Hotel Ryozen will cease operations in end October 2019. The redevelopment will see a close collaboration between Richesse Management and Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts to design and construct the first Banyan Tree hotel. Welcoming renowned Kengo Kuma as the Master Architect, and scheduled to open by 2022, the 60-room luxury resort will include a specialty restaurant, bar, library, gymnasium, an award-winning Banyan Tree Spa and onsen facilities – the first and only luxury international brand onsen hotel in the heart of Kyoto City.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
BANYANTREE & ANGSANA - stay 3 pay 2 with MASTERCARD

Book from 20 April - 31 Dec 2019
Stay from 20 April 2019 - 30 June 2020

promotion code “MASTERCARD”.

Additional value adds:
  • Complimentary breakfast for two persons daily
  • Complimentary WIFI
  • 20% off Spa and Gallery during stay
  • Early check in and late check out*.

https://www.banyantree.com/en/offers/mastercard-offer
https://www.angsana.com/en/offers/mastercard-offer
Old May 5, 2020, 8:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
It may just be of benefit to some ..... I received an e mail today on an old Accor e mail address, about a 70% voucher sale.

Shame that no one thought to tell current members !

I would have been tempted, but have no time to plan

https://gifting.banyantree.com/

Not sure if Accor benefits and status are integrated, I looked on the Accor Website and could not find the offer
Old May 5, 2020, 10:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by hotel_user
It may just be of benefit to some ..... I received an e mail today on an old Accor e mail address, about a 70% voucher sale.

Shame that no one thought to tell current members !

I would have been tempted, but have no time to plan

https://gifting.banyantree.com/

Not sure if Accor benefits and status are integrated, I looked on the Accor Website and could not find the offer
Just beware that the Banyan Tree gift voucher offer comes with lots of blackout dates and dependent on hotel availability for this offer. It cannot be used in the same way as the Fairmont gift card offer.
tris06 and hotel_user like this.
Old May 5, 2020, 6:49 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I received this offer and I was genuinely interested. However there is nothing in the terms & conditions regarding whether the stay will earn ALL points and stay credits, and/or other Accor elite benefits such as room upgrades. So I contacted them and asked - answer is negative: we get nothing at all So it cannot be compared to Fairmont gift cards in any way, shape, or form, because with Fairmont gift cards we are eligible for all regular benefits.

I guess different people can have different options, but those Banyan Tree gift certificates are worthless to me since we don't have elite benefits and stay credits. I could just as well book any kind of promotional rate at independent hotels or small hotel chains where I am not a regular, but there are reasons why I normally do not. BT has put themselves in that category because it would be identical to booking at an independent if I bought those gift certificates.

They are free to do as they please, but my main criticism is the lack of transparency by not clearly noting that we won't get any benefits.

Bottom line I was about to buy a gift certificate, but I took a pass exclusively because they deny ALL benefits.
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:12 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for clarifying escape4 A missed opportunity for BT.
Old May 6, 2020, 1:26 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by escape4
I received this offer and I was genuinely interested. However there is nothing in the terms & conditions regarding whether the stay will earn ALL points and stay credits, and/or other Accor elite benefits such as room upgrades. So I contacted them and asked - answer is negative: we get nothing at all So it cannot be compared to Fairmont gift cards in any way, shape, or form, because with Fairmont gift cards we are eligible for all regular benefits.
I don't think that the Banyan Tree gift certificates can be compared to the Fairmont e-gift cards in any way.

The Fairmont e-gift card (and presumably the Banyan Tree e-gift card) is simply a payment method equivalent to cash when settling the account at the end of a stay - presumably, loyalty benefits would apply for these.

These Banyan Tree gift certificates (different to the E-gift card), which provide a package deal at a discounted price specific for the hotel for which it is purchased, are a completely different scheme. That being said, it is disappointing that loyalty benefits are not extended, as the guest is booking direct with the hotel.

Comparing the Banyan Tree gift certificate to a Fairmont e-gift card is comparing oranges to apples.

Last edited by Maelstrom; May 6, 2020 at 1:39 am
Old May 6, 2020, 1:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Nothing would have prevented them from offering loyalty benefits and stay/night credits, regardless of the mechanics of how this works (gift cards vs gift certificates). Too bad they chose this route.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have purchased a voucher for the Banyan Tree in Bintan. It is a shame that they have decided not to offer loyalty benefits or points for these bookings. I took advantage because the value was good and I have a few opportunities to use it. There is always the possibility that they do offer loyalty benefits when I actually turn up. I have had that happen at a few Accor properties recently when not booked directly for one reason or another.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Hi all

I hope to find you all well and safe

do you know how to get Accor booking number from banyan tree booking number ?

I made a reservation by email with Maldivian property, I do have booking number (7 numbers) but not the Accor one (letters)

many thanks
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:00 pm
ms1

Hi All,
I have Accor Plus Diamond status and was interested in booking the Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru resort through the Accor website. I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this property will extend diamond benefits to me? And what about Accor Plus discounts for dining?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.