Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Le Club benefits now available at (some) Banyan Tree Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Club benefits now available at (some) Banyan Tree Properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:49 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Do you know if the Stay Plus certs will be permitted down the track, or will these brands be non-participating in the certs? If you're not sure, no worries, we'll just wait for the inevitable email blast from Accor Plus early next year.
I was told "not at this stage".
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:51 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Exciting news for LCAH members !
more higher end offering from Accor

I might try them next year
​​​​​​.. And a higher end offering with full benefits. Another reason to avoid Fairmont properties in Asia at least.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
And lets Hope they start offering better deals than just only the fully flexiable rates. 700 USD per night starting price for the Chongqing BeiBei Banyan seems extreme considering the average reviews it is getting.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:09 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by tris06
And lets Hope they start offering better deals than just only the fully flexiable rates. 700 USD per night starting price for the Chongqing BeiBei Banyan seems extreme considering the average reviews it is getting.
Some of them are offering prepaid rates, such as the Shanghai Banyan Tree on the Bund (in my original post). But you're right, most of them, so far, seem to be flexible-only.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:01 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

The Angsana Xi'an Lintong hotel said that they "will be participating in Accor Le Club program in the near future, but the official launch day is not confirmed yet."

I'm looking to stay there in the first week of January, I hope that they will be participating by then. Maybe I'll book a flexible rate and if they are not participating, I will cancel and stay elsewhere for a bit cheaper.

It's a bit frustrating considering the website states that they are participating in the program.
I just received an email from the Angsana Xi'an Lintong hotel this evening, which says:

"I am very glad to inform that we have received the information that Accor Le Club program is officially launched today."

Which is fantastic news. I look forward to my stay there early next month and I will provide photos and a review!
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:03 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

In my email to Sonya Rossiter (VP Marketing Asia Pacific) in the "A Word From Accor Plus" thread, I took the opportunity to ask her about the Banyan Tree properties participation in Accor Plus, and this is what she had to say:

Spoiler

TLDR: Dining discounts and members rates are now available at participating properties. Stay Plus to be evaluated during 2019.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I will try to ask for my Plat benefits at Angsana and Banyan Tree Bintan in next days, with my beautiful smile 😊, even if reservations haven’t been made by Accor ...
gilbertaue and tris06 like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:56 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I can confirm Platinum members will get free breakfast if no lounge is present.

Updated lounge and breakfast benefit list will go live late Thursday Paris time on ah.com.
the website appears to be working again (on mobile at least) but I'm not seeing any Banyan Tree , Angsana or Cassia properties listed.
do you know if the update was supposed to list these properties or will that be coming once an official announcement about program integration is made?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

the website appears to be working again (on mobile at least) but I'm not seeing any Banyan Tree , Angsana or Cassia properties listed.
do you know if the update was supposed to list these properties or will that be coming once an official announcement about program integration is made?
I was told It'd be updated with the new additions.
I'll check.
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I hope they will have similar rate options as banyan tree own website.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:57 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I hope they will have similar rate options as banyan tree own website.
if Fairmont is any kind of indication (routinely appears to have rates cheaper on Fairmont.com than on AH), I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
True! The difference is booking through Fairmont own website grant you elite benefit and credit.
While booking through Banyan tree website most likely exclude you from such benefit.
Hope i was wrong though.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:13 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

I wonder if you can book on AH and then do a best rate guarantee claim on the hotels own website with the cheaper rate?
tris06 and kaizen7 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:44 am

I wonder if you can book on AH and then do a best rate guarantee claim on the hotels own website with the cheaper rate?
i hope too now. Some months ago I got in touch with Banyan Tree Asian GM explaining her I made some reservations by 3rd part at really lower prices than Accor.com

At the beginning I’ve been told to send her all the details, to let me have the same rate by Accor.com, then she disappeared...
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Dav77
I will try to ask for my Plat benefits at Angsana and Banyan Tree Bintan in next days, with my beautiful smile 😊, even if reservations haven’t been made by Accor ...
had check in this early afternoon at Angsana Bintan

shown my Plat card ... “apologies Sir, your reservation has been made by Booking.com, we can’t consider your membership”

no problem, it’s correct

I don’t have lost too much, since already booked Islan Suite (no higher rooms available) at 40% less rate than by Accor. No executive Lounge at this property. Breakfast still included.

Of course, points will be not credited. Even if will earn Alitalia miles by Booking.com...so really nothing to complain

I will try again in two days at Banyan Tree, already knowing what will happen 😃

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.