Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels debuts World-First Luxurious Orient Express Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AccorHotels debuts World-First Luxurious Orient Express Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Bangkok have plenty of nice options for hotels ... and not just Accor hotels. Marriott also have plenty of good options
Even for non affiliated hotels like The Peninsula and soon Four Seasons
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
any idea about the average prices ?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:28 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Some initial pictures
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I am not sure why this hotel is not open yet given that EDITION was almost ready for opening a while back; it seems just changing the brand should not take over a year to do? They must be making some other kinds of changes.

Anyway I took a few pictures when I was walking over there a couple of days ago. If they change their mind and participate in Le Club then I might give it a try at some point, otherwise it's a no-go for me, and it limits the value of Accor Platinum / Diamond if top properties don't participate. Accor does not really have a hotel that competes with Park Hyatt, St.Regis, and Waldorf Astoria in Bangkok at this point in time. The best Accor has to offer is So Sofitel and Banyan Tree which are more akin to hotels a notch below such as Grand Hyatt, Athenee (Luxury Collection), W, and Conrad.

Dav77 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:48 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
The website for ALL lists Orient Express as being one of the new participating brands in the new program, alongside the Mantra brands (among others).

The ALL FAQ does state that Orient Express trains will not offer points.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
The website for ALL lists Orient Express as being one of the new participating brands in the new program.
Fantastic news, thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to try OE Bangkok to compare with my favorite in the city which is Waldorf Astoria.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:43 pm

Wondering if anyone has any new information on this hotel, opening dates, reservations?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:09 am

Accor pushes Bangkok's Orient Express opening to Summer 2020

Originally slated for a Quarter 4 - 2019 opening, they're implying (see below) an opening in Summer 2020. What went wrong?

9/27/2019
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-back-in-time
AccorHotels is launching a slate of properties inspired by the iconic railway, starting in Bangkok in 2020.
9/29/2019
https://www.dealstreetasia.com/stori...k-link-155842/
Accor SA, doing business as AccorHotels, is relaunching a slate of hotels with the Orient Express name. The first will open in Bangkok next summer, with 10 total properties by 2030.

10/2/2019
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/article...-hotel-bangkok
the Orient Express is returning in 2020, this time as a hotel.
10/7/2019 (This one appears to have (incorrectly) reported the old date.)
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business.../a-luxe-rescue
Accor will open the first Orient Express hotel in the King Power Mahanakhon Building, equipped with 154 rooms, later this [2019] year. The company wishes to drive the room rate to 7,000-9,000 baht a night, in line with the same tier of hotels downtown.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I keep thinking of Holiday Inn Express every time Orient Express is mentioned 😅
Dav77 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:07 am

What's taking so long for a hotel that was pretty much ready to open last year?

Interesting that they mention room rates 7-9k THB considering that in the short period of time when the property was bookable as Bangkok EDITION on marriott.com the rates were upwards of 12k THB.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I'm hearing rumors from sources in Bangkok that the Orient Express branding on the site hoardings around the hotel have disappeared some time ago, and that an Orient Express-branded hotel is no longer part of the project. An announcement is apparently coming soon, but if this hotel is cancelled and taking into account the current market state and Accor's lack of any other signings, then the launch of the Orient Express brand as a whole might be delayed if not outright cancelled.

khabah
starflyergold likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:19 pm

I wonder what they will do with the hotel if it does not open
Old Aug 27, 2020, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If Thai authorities could just reopen their borders instead of the crazy policies they have in place.... They are just destroying their entire economy and throw their people in poverty.
restlessinRNO, hotel_user and RioG like this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If Thai authorities could just reopen their borders instead of the crazy policies they have in place.... They are just destroying their entire economy and throw their people in poverty.
Agreed. No tourists are allowed into Thailand currently. Even if they are allowed to apply for a Certificate of Entry from their embassy (with required medical insurance, visa, Fit-To-Fly certificate, negative Covid-19 test, repatriation flight), who would agree to mandatory 14 day quarantine at a government approved facility?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:03 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I believe Orient Express MahaNakhon is now officially cancelled as per Accor. While the brand website still shows a general page for the Bangkok hotel, a new brand development fact sheet released a few days ago by Accor for August 2020 no longer has any mention of the hotel or a confirmed opening [whereas previous versions explicitly mentioned Bangkok]. Instead, it says the brand is in negotiation for five hotels in Paris, London, Rome, Milan and Florence.

Yikes.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.