Accor/Mantra merge

Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Accor/Mantra merge

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have any insight as to whether we are any closer with the Mantra Group Acquisition falling into line with LCAH?
I have a number of nights I need to book in the front half of 2019, but am tempted to hold off till the NY to see if they will announce when the Mantra properties will accrue points/nights etc.....
Cheers
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
No news yet. One can only estimate considering its size and complexity. The deal was concluded roughly 6-8 months ago. It is realistic for integration to take between 12 to 24 months into the Accor program.

I am also keen because I could also book a couple times per year at their hotels as Accor is very weak outside the main capital cities.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:23 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond

Accor plus now has 10% off:

We are excited to let you know that AccorHotels has expanded our offering across the Pacific with the recent acquisition of 138 hotels including the iconic Art Series, Peppers, Mantra and BreakFree brands.

As a valued Accor Plus member, you can now enjoy 10% off all rates on mantrahotels.com or on property direct websites, and early access to discounted rates across this portfolio of hotels and apartments*.

Our new portfolio of hotels offer members more than just a place to sleep, they inspire through cutting edge art, architecture and location. From elegant art infused suites to soaring architectural towers, the collection includes many world-class hotels.

Your Accor Plus benefits during integration

We are working hard to integrate these brands into the program but for now please note that you will not receive Le Club AccorHotels Rewards Points, Status Points, Soft Benefits, Accor Plus dining benefits or any other type of discounts at these hotels and apartments.

We hope you enjoy the exclusive 10% accommodation discount and we will let you know as soon as the other benefits become available.

tris06 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
I got the email today as well. Ive got a conference at a Mantra in March. No knowing when is driving me crazy because I want to book...
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I am sure it it going to be within 2019 we will get full integration happening. At least they have decided to admit it is taking a while as at least we know it will eventually happen. In the mean time I just put any trips in Australia on a hold. Mantra earning status points makes it viable to travel and stay outside the big cities and have an option or 2.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I see Mantra hotels are listing on the Accor app, no availability yet and for sure many Mantra hotels are still not listed but it is progress.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
The sooner this acquisition is fully on board the better. Many of the properties are very good but the staff need to be brought up to standard and learn some customer care skills like answering questions truthfully rather than bluffing when they don't know along with some basic good manners.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: Accor Platinum
I saw a Mantra property appear in the "unavailable" section of the desktop booking engine tonight....I hadn't seen this before ... there was also a hotel page for the property ...

We might be getting closer?

tris06 and Stacycrow like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Does anyone have any sense of what benefits we might get at Mantra? I’ve not stayed at a Mantra for a long time, but my assumption is that they are mainly self contained apartments, so even having a restaurant onsite would be rare. Certainly no lounges. Am I correct, or has my limited experience been different to the norm?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PabloM
Does anyone have any sense of what benefits we might get at Mantra? Ive not stayed at a Mantra for a long time, but my assumption is that they are mainly self contained apartments, so even having a restaurant onsite would be rare. Certainly no lounges. Am I correct, or has my limited experience been different to the norm?
That's a good question!

The Accor Corporate website has Mantra at the top of the mid-scale brand list. Novotel, Mercure, Adagio, Mama Shelter and Tribe are in that category. Accor has Sebel toward the bottom of the premium category, which is the next one up.

I think you're roughly on the right track. For restaurants they are hit and miss in my experience, although I'm not sure I'd quite describe them as rare; a bit like Sebel - some properties have them and some do not. Generally they have been known for apartments, although I think some of there more recent properties certainly have geared toward having a greater number of studios as opposed to being all apartment.

The interesting thing to look out for will be what the points earn is. Of the other properties in that category Mama Shelter earns at the ibis rate, Adagio earns even lower than the ibis rate. Curiously Tribe seems to earn at the full rate, despite Mama Shelter arguably being a step up from it. Most other apart-hotel brands from the majors don't earn full service hotel rates, so I'm half expecting Mantra to earn at one of the lower rates. Guess time will tell.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A manager at one of the Mantra properties told me integration of the loyalty schemes will be done by the end of the year and earning can start from then.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
A manager at one of the Mantra properties told me integration of the loyalty schemes will be done by the end of the year and earning can start from then.
Wowee..... This could make things interesting. I'll re-qual Gold, but after Mercure in Dunedin has re-branded, my Accor nights stayed has fallen by the bye.
Will have o keep a close eye on this one.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
I stayed at Tribe in West Perth a few weeks ago - it is a former Mantra Property and I earnt points/status credits - received the drinks voucher as well.
No upgrade as only one type of room, but very happy otherwise.
JTCz likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:52 pm

Looks like integration has happened - can use points to book Mantra hotels:

Mantra Midtown Brisbane
For 1 adult
3 nights
From Jan 9th 2020 to Jan 12th 2020
Your choice
  1. 1 Bedroom Apartment
    FLEXIBLE RATE BB

Total price 594.00 AUD

Or with your 18000 Rewards points
12.31 AUD

Last edited by 3544quebec; Nov 6, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Seems so. Even mentioned in this offer (sale)
https://www.accorhotels.com/australi...offer.en.shtml

and (quadruple points)
https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/p...oints.en.shtml

We are excited to welcome 4 new brands to the program in Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii with the introduction of Art Series, Mantra, Peppers, and BreakFree.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.