Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor/Mantra merge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: All Diamond
Rather weird as the following brands are categorised as following by ALL yet differ completely to the list for status points as above
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The other thing is that Tribe which came via Mantra, and only ever expanded to a chain of 1 hotel, gets the normal earning rate.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I guess in time they will kill most of those brands and rebrand them (especially Mantra, this is a brand that means nothing and has next to no expansion potential), but for now the properties have existing franchise agreements with Mantra and perhaps the prescribing contribution towards the HQ does not allow Accor for more generosity with points earning.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Has anyone yet received points for a Mantra stay?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:17 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by LukeO9
I have for Breakfree Alex Headland
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum
Wow I thought they were on par with ibis not less, hadn't seen the updated chart, thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by JTCz
I guess in time they will kill most of those brands and rebrand them (especially Mantra, this is a brand that means nothing and has next to no expansion potential), but for now the properties have existing franchise agreements with Mantra and perhaps the prescribing contribution towards the HQ does not allow Accor for more generosity with points earning.
Will be interesting to see what they do there in time. I'd always thought Mantra was probably the brand with the strongest recognition out of all the ones they acquired in that transaction, although it is an Australian thing for sure. Maybe Art Series as second strongest. I'd have thought breakfree was the easiest to wrap up into the existing suite (ibis/mercure), maybe even peppers (novotel/mercure/sebel) as it's a bit all over the place as a brand.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:53 am

Anyone?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Anyone?
I got more this week from Mantra.

It's not many - such poor earning rates, especially for Peppers. I just booked for a heap of stays and kept tossing up between Peppers and Sofitel/MGallery but due to the terrible earn rate for Peppers I went with Sofitel and MGallery. Even if hotel was superior.

They'll never learn.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: All Diamond
Anyone?
I got a puny amount from the Mantra Coolangatta !
kniesel likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:37 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
I booked three rooms on one booking with a total value of just under AUD$1000 net. I received 364 status credits. They credit the most expensive and the cheapest room rate for my stay. I have asked that they do the top two rooms for credit, as I understand that you only get the first two rooms creditted.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 10:43 pm

"The hotel replied regarding your missing points query and I regret to inform you that your stay at the Mantra * * from 20/10/2019 to 23/10/2020 is not eligible for earning Status and Rewards points.
Indeed, this hotel is part of a brand participating in the ALL - Accor Live Limitless programme, but at the time of your stay, the hotel had not yet joined the programme deeming your stay not eligible for points, only stays with check-out dates after the 06/11/2020 would be eligible for points."

Is this correct?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
"The hotel replied regarding your missing points query and I regret to inform you that your stay at the Mantra * * from 20/10/2019 to 23/10/2020 is not eligible for earning Status and Rewards points.
Indeed, this hotel is part of a brand participating in the ALL - Accor Live Limitless programme, but at the time of your stay, the hotel had not yet joined the programme deeming your stay not eligible for points, only stays with check-out dates after the 06/11/2020 would be eligible for points."

Is this correct?
Are you sure there is no mistakes with dates in your post (see in bold) ?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Are you sure there is no mistakes with dates in your post (see in bold) ?
must be typos
assume both 2020s should be 2019.
Basically, when did Mantra officially become part of Accor?
I know Mantra shares were delisted from the ASX on June 1 2018.

Last edited by LukeO9; Apr 12, 2020 at 4:32 am
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:34 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
must be typos
assume both 2020s should be 2019.
Basically, when did Mantra officially become part of Accor?
I know Mantra shares were delisted from the ASX on June 1 2018.
When Mantra became part of Accor and when stays became eligible for points are two different things, the later being November last year.
LukeO9 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:27 am

Quite disappointing that Peppers, Mantra etc. still earn woeful points compared to more mainstream Accor properties despite often costing more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.