Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor will not honor my Silver status because I booked on Expedia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor will not honor my Silver status because I booked on Expedia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by boboqui

That’s exactly the case, I used the citi typ portal to book. I was not aware that hotel reservations are unlike airline reservations as far as loyalty programs. Is this something new or particular to Accor?
Be aware then. If you don't bother to read the terms and conditions then you should start.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
boboqui - I sympathise. If you don't book a lot of hotels then the rules on loyalty card recognition can be confusing especially because airlines don't have that issue. I made the same mistake myself with a Starwood property a few years ago and it can be doubly confusing because some employers use corporate travel agents to make bookings where your status is recognised (certainly this was the case with my previous employer who used a corporate travel agent to book Accor hotels and all brands except Ibis would recognise status and give loyalty and status points for stays).

It's a frustrating lesson but now you know it and can move on.

1F
Thanks! I’m not really frustrated over this as the consequence is minimal. What’s interesting is that by mere chance my past hotel reservations were always aligned with this policy.

Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
Be aware then. If you don't bother to read the terms and conditions then you should start.
Where do I start? The Accor t&c, the Sofitel t&c, the citi typ t&c, or the Uber t&c which I’ll be taking to the hotel?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by boboqui

Where do I start? The Accor t&c, the Sofitel t&c, the citi typ t&c, or the Uber t&c which I’ll be taking to the hotel?
Try these: https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/l...tions.en.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.