FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Is it possible to use points from different accounts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1918697-possible-use-points-different-accounts.html)

AlexMC Jul 7, 2018 12:57 pm

Is it possible to use points from different accounts?

Hello,

My partner and I will be traveling around Europe for a bit more than 15 days this August, mostly in Accor's properties. I should have these nights credited to my own LCAH account in order to renew my Gold status this year. It is my intention to pay part of the bills with points (on a side question, I understand these night will be credited as Eligible Nights to my account as per actual TC, right?).

My question is: if on a paid at the hotel fare, would we be able to use points from my account and also from his LCAH account?

Any clue appreciated!:)

gilbertaue Jul 7, 2018 8:11 pm

I don't have the answer to that, and I'd be careful.
What you can do to be safe is to book part of the night's in yours, part in his name and then redeem the points.

glanzi Jul 8, 2018 1:04 am

I have the same, or let's say similar problem. In our family we have 5 LCAH accounts with points. I'm the only one who could use the points for stays.
Is there any possibility to transfer points? I read something that points can be transfered to vouchers chich are transferable?

gilbertaue Jul 8, 2018 1:22 am

Originally Posted by glanzi (Post 29949562)
I have the same, or let's say similar problem. In our family we have 5 LCAH accounts with points. I'm the only one who could use the points for stays.
Is there any possibility to transfer points? I read something that points can be transfered to vouchers chich are transferable?

​​​​​​
That's how it used to be. You could just print out vouchers and pass them to anyone you wanted to.
That has now gone and you can redeem while booking or while checking out directly through the system.

AlexMC Jul 8, 2018 10:41 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 29949586)
​​​​​​
That's how it used to be. You could just print out vouchers and pass them to anyone you wanted to.
That has now gone and you can redeem while booking or while checking out directly through the system.

Agreed. They clearly wanted to cut off any chance of people selling vouchers etc and I do have some sympathy for this. They would become in line with other programs if the use of points was limited to the LCAH account linked to the reservation. I just haven't seen any limitation in this regard in the actual T&C. My doubt is if the actual system allows the charge also from a different account, provided that the member is also there at the hotel.

Anyway, the member must provide a code received by SMS to complete the operation with the points.

Goldorak Jul 8, 2018 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by AlexMC (Post 29950742)
Anyway, the member must provide a code received by SMS to complete the operation with the points.

Really ? How does that work in practice ?

AlexMC Jul 8, 2018 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 29951263)
Really ? How does that work in practice ?

When you determine the amount of points you want to use, the receptionist puts that information on the system. Then you receive a SMS in the mobile you have registered in your account with a four digit code. You tell to the receptionist that code and only then the points will be redimed from your LCAH account.

starflyergold Jul 8, 2018 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by AlexMC (Post 29952178)
When you determine the amount of points you want to use, the receptionist puts that information on the system. Then you receive a SMS in the mobile you have registered in your account with a four digit code. You tell to the receptionist that code and only then the points will be redimed from your LCAH account.

Thanks for clarifying the procedure. I have never done this. Now I know ^

babyjohn123 Jul 8, 2018 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by AlexMC (Post 29952178)

In parallel, the 4-digit code will also be sent to your registered email address. Just in case you use different mobile no. travelling overseas.

martin_paris Jul 9, 2018 1:04 am

Hi,

Just to add to the process mentioned above :

- It only applies if you want to use more than 2000 points
- In addition to the SMS, you will also receive the validation code by email.

glanzi Jul 9, 2018 5:06 am

Originally Posted by martin_paris (Post 29953024)
Hi,

Just to add to the process mentioned above :

- It only applies if you want to use more than 2000 points
- In addition to the SMS, you will also receive the validation code by email.

Do hotels allow me to use the points of someone else if I have the 4 digit code? Does anyone know how the T&C are and how it's handled in reality?

AccorHotels Concierge Jul 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, it's not possible to make the bill with points with two different cards booking the same room.
Otherwise, if two members share the same room, it's possible the one person makes the BWP and other use its points directly at the hotel for the extras.

Best regards,
Amy

Originally Posted by AlexMC (Post 29948215)
Hello,

My partner and I will be traveling around Europe for a bit more than 15 days this August, mostly in Accor's properties. I should have these nights credited to my own LCAH account in order to renew my Gold status this year. It is my intention to pay part of the bills with points (on a side question, I understand these night will be credited as Eligible Nights to my account as per actual TC, right?).

My question is: if on a paid at the hotel fare, would we be able to use points from my account and also from his LCAH account?

Any clue appreciated!:)

AlexMC Jul 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge (Post 30028747)
Hi,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, it's not possible to make the bill with points with two different cards booking the same room.
Otherwise, if two members share the same room, it's possible the one person makes the BWP and other use its points directly at the hotel for the extras.

Best regards,
Amy

Thank you for your clarification, Amy.

Best regards,