FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Is there something special about Fairmont Gold? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1918594-there-something-special-about-fairmont-gold.html)

1flyer Jul 10, 2018 11:12 am

Are all Fairmont lounges part of Fairmont Gold? Or do some Fairmonts feature executive lounges one would be invited to as an Accor Plat?

Jasper2009 Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by 1flyer (Post 29958903)
Are all Fairmont lounges part of Fairmont Gold? Or do some Fairmonts feature executive lounges one would be invited to as an Accor Plat?

No access to lounges at any Fairmont for Accor Plats.

The only lounge I'm aware of that wasn't branded as Fairmont Gold was the executive lounge at the Fairmont Singapore; and it was re-branded that as "Fairmont Gold" as of July, too.

DuRi Oct 8, 2019 12:15 am

Fairmont Gold & Accor

As a new member of flyer talk I found your dialogue on Fairmont Gold and wondered if this thread has been updated now there is ALL the new Accor name.
It has been expanded to incorporate new levels above Platinum I.e. Diamond and Black.

Diamond is 26000 Yearly Status points (no nights stays counted)

Black is invitation only!

As about to reach Diamond been trying to find out if Fairmont Gold access will now be added for 2020.

Has anyone got an update.

Duncan

kaizen7 Oct 9, 2019 2:49 am

I doubt Diamond will get Fairmont Gold access
Apple Black level however might have chance.

Ritz-Carlton did the same ... excluding their club lounge from elite benefits.

And about the lounge itself, some Asian hotels do have great lounge offering, some can even match Fairmont Gold lounge.

Rc club usually better than Fairmont gold but only with small margin.

Dav77 Oct 9, 2019 3:13 am

An executive lounge without champagne is like a woman without ....

mahasamatman Oct 9, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 31608365)
I doubt Diamond will get Fairmont Gold access

And that's the way it should be.

gilbertaue Oct 9, 2019 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 31609432)
And that's the way it should be.

Having stayed now at the Singapore, Jakarta and Beijing Fairmonts in Gold Rooms - I don't get it.

The Lounge and rooms are no better than any regular Sofitel Millesime lounge. So I really don't get it. Much hype about, nothing.

ContinentalVoyager7 Oct 10, 2019 12:22 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 31611471)
Having stayed now at the Singapore, Jakarta and Beijing Fairmonts in Gold Rooms - I don't get it.

The Lounge and rooms are no better than any regular Sofitel Millesime lounge. So I really don't get it. Much hype about, nothing.

It's just market segmentation. If only guests who pay can enter, they have the opportunity to charge more and earn more.