Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome drink policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Quite the totality of Accor hotels in Italy give spontaneously free drink voucher at arrival, for 1 or 2 persons, depending if you share the same room

sometimes happen to me to travel with colleagues, each one has his own room, but quite always only 1 voucher for me only (if the only one Accor Member), so nornallly i give my colleagues the voucher in front of the reception staff....and they provvide the 2nd one voucher

some hotels seems to “forgot” it (included MGallery ones that should be more careful than Novotel or Mercure about the guests), but just remind the reception and they do apologize

At novotel’s in Italy there is often the “gourmet bar”, that means that you have free canapés togheter with free drink

worst service from Accor across the Europe is...in France, of course ...because frogs like to be ....ed only by frogs :-)

Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
What's with Accor in Spain and the exclusion of wine from the free drink offering?
Most of the time, I proudly get away with it, and manage to get a glass of wine (the horror), but a couple of times now I've been refused, leaving the choice of beer, a soft drink, or a coffee.
Is there some reason in a country where a glass of wine on average costs €2, why Accor is unable to include it in their welcome drink provision? Am I missing something?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jackr27
What's with Accor in Spain and the exclusion of wine from the free drink offering?
Most of the time, I proudly get away with it, and manage to get a glass of wine (the horror), but a couple of times now I've been refused, leaving the choice of beer, a soft drink, or a coffee.
Is there some reason in a country where a glass of wine on average costs €2, why Accor is unable to include it in their welcome drink provision? Am I missing something?
never had such a problem in Spain, but I have to admit that my experience is limited to Pullman Barcelona Skipper (several stays), a Mercure in Madrid (one stay) and Novotel Seville (2 stays).
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
To be fair, I have only been denied at Ibis properties, perhaps the others are more lenient (although the vouchers do all say wine is excluded).
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:34 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I'm currently at The Galata Hotel Istanbul MGallery. Got 3 drink vouchers for (wife, daughter and me). When I got to my room another 3 vouchers were in the room. Called the Room Director who said "Mr., enjoy all your drinks". Woooohooo!
Goldorak and KLBGO like this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:01 pm
R2

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I'm currently at The Galata Hotel Istanbul MGallery. Got 3 drink vouchers for (wife, daughter and me). When I got to my room another 3 vouchers were in the room. Called the Room Director who said "Mr., enjoy all your drinks". Woooohooo!
I had a similar experience in Novotel New York Times Square last weekend. We were 3 pax in the room, got a set of three vouchers at check-in. The second evening there I found an envelope with another three vouchers under my door. BTW, the bartender at the lobby bar said they are good for any drink there.
gilbertaue and Goldorak like this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Just did few stays at Ibis in Chile. They are funny, soft drinks or local beer...but not a glass of wine. Kind of insane when you know the country is a huge producer of cheap wine! Logic and Accor really don't seem to be words that match!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
So, no Mercure Taksim this time ? How is the MGallery compared to Mercure (before your full review, ha ha ha ) ?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:00 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak

So, no Mercure Taksim this time ? How is the MGallery compared to Mercure (before your full review, ha ha ha ) ?
Deniz is no longer at the Mercure (she has moved to a Rixos outside Istanbul). Also our usual suite there was booked.
MGallery is nice and location to walk for sightseeing great. But even the biggest suite, which we're in, is quite small.
But it's nice. The Mercure wowed us, the Mgallery does what it's supposed to.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:55 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Don't recall reading the attached official qualification re France before but the English version of the Accor website now clarifies that it is a welcome drink "for you and registered guests staying in your room (except in France)".

Doesn't quantify what the Le Club brand standard entitlement in France is. I assume Card holder only? Or could reinterpreted as no right to a welcome drink in France? I assume due to French hotel opposition to uniformity Accor have left it at the discretion of each hotel in France to set its own policy. Never ceases to amaze me brand standards are so poorly enforced in Accors home market.

Of course many of the better Accor hotels understand what a welcome drink should represent and accordingly offer it to all guests on a reservation even if in a second room.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:36 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cwl
Don't recall reading the attached official qualification re France before but the English version of the Accor website now clarifies that it is a welcome drink "for you and registered guests staying in your room (except in France)".

Doesn't quantify what the Le Club brand standard entitlement in France is. I assume Card holder only? Or could reinterpreted as no right to a welcome drink in France? I assume due to French hotel opposition to uniformity Accor have left it at the discretion of each hotel in France to set its own policy. Never ceases to amaze me brand standards are so poorly enforced in Accors home market.

Of course many of the better Accor hotels understand what a welcome drink should represent and accordingly offer it to all guests on a reservation even if in a second room.
Wouldn't surprise me if this came about due to an email I sent to the loyalty head a week ago (and I believe other members raised this a number of times too). The wording didn't really exist and the policy in itself is silly. But at least the French properties can now weasel themselves out of providing two vouchers and save themselves a penny.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:58 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Posted this in another thread but this one is more appropriate, are we supposed to get vouchers at Fairmont now that the programs have merged?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by cwl
I assume due to French hotel opposition to uniformity Accor have left it at the discretion of each hotel in France to set its own policy. Never ceases to amaze me brand standards are so poorly enforced in Accors home market.
No comment...

Originally Posted by cwl
True. The difference between professionals and amateurs.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:27 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Slightly OT but related to the update of LCAH benefits. It seems that now newspaper is only offered at Swissotel and Fairmont.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:00 am
R2

Local or national (but not international) newspaper offered at a 5 star property, wow...now I really feel welcome and my loyalty is clearly appreciated

It's almost like saying we offer toilet paper to all members...hope this doesn't turn into digital delivery
Goldorak and wkndtraveler like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.