Welcome drink policy

Old Jun 22, 18, 1:20 pm
  #31  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: FB Platinum
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by nrouxel View Post
Mercure Créolia Saint-Denis La Réunion : 10 peoples (5 rooms) : drink vouchers for 10
Pullman Paris Montparnasse : 8 peoples (2 family rooms) : drink vouchers for 8
Mercure Saint-Lary Sensoria : 5 peoples(1 family room) : drink vouchers for 5
I wonder what mail these three hotels will get Monday from the management. Keep it up, or cut it out? Hehe...
KLBGO is offline  
Old Jun 22, 18, 9:53 pm
  #32  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,523
Originally Posted by KLBGO View Post
I wonder what mail these three hotels will get Monday from the management. Keep it up, or cut it out? Hehe...
Pullman Montparnasse won't get much of an email. They are a n der heavy renovation.

As stated in other posts, it up to the hotels' discretion how they want to handle it.
But that France does not follow the minimum is not right.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Jun 23, 18, 1:29 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Tallinn
Posts: 10
Baltics covered nicely

In Riga and Vilnius I have received always pretty good treatment:
Riga Pullman - welcome drinks for my room (2 pax), once for the other room as well, but once not
Riga Mercure - same as above
Vilnius Novotel - always for my room, havent been there with multiple rooms booked

FlyingEstonian is offline  
Old Jun 23, 18, 10:26 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 294
pulman palmeraie maraks NO
pulman cocagne eindhoven YES for both clients
kees
nkob is offline  
Old Jun 23, 18, 10:31 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Posts: 2,453
Originally Posted by nkob View Post
pulman palmeraie maraks NO
pulman cocagne eindhoven YES for both clients kees
Then one is plain wrong and the other one plain right according to LCAH CS.
carnarvon is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 3:08 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Posts: 4,040
Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
When staying with someone in the same room, sometimes but not always, there is one voucher for two drinks (i.e. to be used at the same moment, not separately).
While we are talking about the Accor concept of consistency, I have sometimes had two vouchers, which then can be used separately. I had one voucher for two people at the Novotel Fenix Silom, but the barmaid said I was welcome to have them at separate times if I wanted.

The range of drinks provided is amazingly varied, from cheap juice to good wine and cocktails and while the quality is correlated with brand, it's inconsistent. The Pullman Kuching provides a simple juice that I don't think is worth bothering with. The Pullman Khon Kaen has lists of drinks by status level (platinum can get top shelf booze, silver can't get anything alcoholic, gold is in between) and even the lowest level has coconut juice. (i.e. an actual coconut, not something out of a can)
Kremmen is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 9:20 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: CBR
Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Posts: 548
I stayed at the Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza over the weekend and only received one voucher for a room with two people in it, which was disappointing.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Jun 25, 18 at 9:24 am Reason: Typo
Maelstrom is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 10:52 am
  #38  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: FB Platinum
Posts: 198
I would have ordered one drink, and shared it with the next pax in a demonstrative way - taking one sip each at the time, while saying "Thank you, we are feeling welcome!".
Goldorak likes this.
KLBGO is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 10:59 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Posts: 2,453
Originally Posted by KLBGO View Post
I would have ordered one drink, and shared it with the next pax in a demonstrative way - taking one sip each at the time, while saying "Thank you, we are feeling welcome!".
Excellent. Asking for two straws could be fun as well.
carnarvon is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 11:40 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Asia
Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
I stayed at the Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza over the weekend and only received one voucher for a room with two people in it, which was disappointing.
It's so insulting. I had similar experiences but only a handful of hotels give 1 voucher per room for 1 person even though we are registered as 2 persons. I either returned the vouchers to the front desk staff who issued me with the vouchers and asked them to keep it for themselves or I will simply tear the vouchers in front of them and dumped it into the bin.

For hotels that only provide Non alcoholic drinks, I will ask them why are they insulting me? Do I look underage that I cannot consume alcoholic drinks? I simply torn the vouchers in front of them.

But so far most of the hotels will provide 2 drinks per room.
gilbertaue likes this.
happygolucky_nomad is offline  
Old Jun 27, 18, 8:09 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 294
pulman bangsar
executive suite
silver
2 vouchers
and free drinks off course in the executive lounge
kees
nkob is offline  
Old Jun 28, 18, 6:39 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: KNO, ID
Programs: IHG Platinum AMB, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Gold, GarudaMiles Gold, QR Silver, QF Silver
Posts: 610
Originally Posted by markis10 View Post

Accor are very clear:
”Enjoy a complimentary welcome drink. Available for you and registered guests staying in your room"


Actually, Accor wasn't that very clear. It says that Available for YOU and REGISTERED GUESTS staying in your ROOM; However, it says ROOM and not ROOMS which could be interpreted by the property as the room that you are actually staying; not all the rooms that you've booked. However, during my stays when booking multiple rooms, most of the properties honored the welcome drinks for all the guests.
- Mercure Amsterdam Sloterdijk ==> 9 pax on 3 rooms ==> 9 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta Cikini ==> 4 pax on 2 rooms ==> 4 welcome drink vouchers
- Ibis Styles Osaka ==> 10 pax on 4 rooms ==> 10 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta Ancol ==> 4 pax on 2 rooms ==> 4 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta Sabang ==> 4 pax on 2 rooms ==> 4 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta PIK ==> 4A +2C on 2 rooms ==> 2 welcome drink vouchers
virtualaris is offline  
Old Jun 28, 18, 2:34 pm
  #43  
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Posts: 2,154
Originally Posted by virtualaris View Post
Actually, Accor wasn't that very clear. It says that Available for YOU and REGISTERED GUESTS staying in your ROOM; However, it says ROOM and not ROOMS which could be interpreted by the property as the room that you are actually staying; not all the rooms that you've booked. However, during my stays when booking multiple rooms, most of the properties honored the welcome drinks for all the guests.
- Mercure Amsterdam Sloterdijk ==> 9 pax on 3 rooms ==> 9 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta Cikini ==> 4 pax on 2 rooms ==> 4 welcome drink vouchers
- Ibis Styles Osaka ==> 10 pax on 4 rooms ==> 10 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta Ancol ==> 4 pax on 2 rooms ==> 4 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta Sabang ==> 4 pax on 2 rooms ==> 4 welcome drink vouchers
- Mercure Jakarta PIK ==> 4A +2C on 2 rooms ==> 2 welcome drink vouchers
You are only entitled to drinks for one room, and for the guests booked into that room, the fact hotels give you more doesn’t change the entitlement.
markis10 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 18, 12:38 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 392
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad View Post
It's so insulting. I had similar experiences but only a handful of hotels give 1 voucher per room for 1 person even though we are registered as 2 persons. I either returned the vouchers to the front desk staff who issued me with the vouchers and asked them to keep it for themselves or I will simply tear the vouchers in front of them and dumped it into the bin.

For hotels that only provide Non alcoholic drinks, I will ask them why are they insulting me? Do I look underage that I cannot consume alcoholic drinks? I simply torn the vouchers in front of them.

But so far most of the hotels will provide 2 drinks per room.
I will bring it up to FOM. Usually not an issue after that.
cowism is offline  
Old Jul 28, 18, 2:55 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Posts: 5,137
Got nothing on a group stay where I was the head guest (9 rooms). It may have been according to the T&C's, but I thought it was pretty cheap.
KLflyerRalph is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: