Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Question regarding the recent 'double, triple or quadruple points' offer.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding the recent 'double, triple or quadruple points' offer.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:32 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Talking Question regarding the recent 'double, triple or quadruple points' offer.

I am going to stay in Europe for 3 weeks in July, and I booked these stays in May. According to the recent 'double, triple or quadruple points' offer, the stays must be booked and stayed from 02/06/2018. Even though my stays will fall in the period, but my books are not, hence, I am not eligible to get the promotion.

As a newbie, I am wondering if there is a way around it to get the extra points offered? Maybe asking the hotel very nicely upon checking-in or out?
Or, there is no chance at all as rules are rules
As a gold member, it would be nice to get triple points

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I don't think the hotel can do anything about this.
With Accor, if you don't book in the right period, you don't get the promotion (not the same with IHG or Hilton).
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Not only do you have to book in the right period, you often have to register prior to booking to gain bonus points.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Hehe OK, so it's no point asking the hotel then, since they have no power to do anything anyway? Meh, and I had planned to put a lot of effort into asking very nicely with my hopeful and pleading eyes, while hugging the receptionist's leg for good measure

Thanks a lot for the insight, saved me the embarrassment of having to ask
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
If you booked after 18 May, and you don’t mind converting to air miles (I do Iberia as the rate is 1 to 1, but a number ) , you might be able to get any stays up to 4 July at triple points anyway with the ‘take the lift’ promotion.
no registration is required , just set your account to auto convert. See the ‘current promo’ thread for details in this forum. There is also a good article on headforpoints on both promos you could read. Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:59 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

@Woodbinerich, thanks for the trick. I do not mind air miles indeed. I currently need more miles on Finnair. Iberia sounds good with the 1 to 1 rate, I will check the airline out

Though I checked, I have actually booked the stays in April. Why do I have a habit of planning everything too far in advance?

In any case, I will check the current promo and the article you suggested, maybe there is something fruitful I could make out of these stays
Thanks again.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Juntima
@Woodbinerich, thanks for the trick. I do not mind air miles indeed. I currently need more miles on Finnair. Iberia sounds good with the 1 to 1 rate, I will check the airline out

Though I checked, I have actually booked the stays in April. Why do I have a habit of planning everything too far in advance?

In any case, I will check the current promo and the article you suggested, maybe there is something fruitful I could make out of these stays
Thanks again.
They also added Finnair to the promotion in the last days.
But in any case, if you booked that early you probably got a better rate than you might now, and saved that way.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:00 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

@Woodbinerich, I have never rechecked my booking cost before. Out of curiosity, I checked now and seem I have saved almost 800 Euro by booking early :-:
I guess I will just be grateful having that amount saved, rather than putting too much thoughts on those shiny promotion coming afterwards
Thanks again.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:27 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Juntima
@Woodbinerich, I have never rechecked my booking cost before. Out of curiosity, I checked now and seem I have saved almost 800 Euro by booking early :-:
I guess I will just be grateful having that amount saved, rather than putting too much thoughts on those shiny promotion coming afterwards
Thanks again.
Great! That will buy a few lunches!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.