FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   AccorHotels looks at taking stake in Air France-KLM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1912525-accorhotels-looks-taking-stake-air-france-klm.html)

ContinentalVoyager7 Jun 3, 2018 9:55 pm

AccorHotels looks at taking stake in Air France-KLM

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fr...-idUSKCN1IZ0TI

Interesting news coming from Reuters!

gilbertaue Jun 3, 2018 11:02 pm

How many points for a 1st Class rountrip SIN-CDG-SIN? :D

Goldorak Jun 3, 2018 11:34 pm

This has been announced yesterday evening in the AF forum of FT. For those of you who speak French, here is a more detailed article from Les Échos :
https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-se...at-2180829.php

ContinentalVoyager7 Jun 3, 2018 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 29825767)
How many points for a 1st Class rountrip SIN-CDG-SIN? :D

Hmm, just a mere 600,000 LeClub Rewards Point. That gets you round trip tickets in La Première with Sofitel MyBed accessories :D

starflyergold Jun 4, 2018 5:19 am

This really takes the biscuit, why on earth would they want to do this? Ridiculous!

ajeleonard Jun 4, 2018 5:24 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 29826413)
This really takes the biscuit, why on earth would they want to do this? Ridiculous!

Shares down 6%, seems other agree

3544quebec Jun 4, 2018 5:51 am

They have devoured every other hotel company in the universe and they are still hungry

kaizen7 Jun 4, 2018 6:37 am

Accorfrance .... first flying hotel 😂

tris06 Jun 4, 2018 6:49 am

Seems they are crazy to want to get into the airline ownership. Is there really any value to take a minority holdings?

KLflyerRalph Jun 4, 2018 11:43 am

Can we expect Sofitel bedding on Air France KLM flights? ;)

JTCz Jun 4, 2018 1:07 pm

some analysts questioned the logic of a stake purchase.
You don't say!

AccorHotels’ board of directors contains former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, potentially a useful presence for any talks with the government over Air France KLM.
Yes, because he speaks a SECRET LANGUAGE, called Presidentiais!

BTW, I did not realize he sits on Accor's board. Suddenly, I do not feel like booking an Accor Hotel... :/

Goldorak Jun 4, 2018 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph (Post 29827763)
Can we expect Sofitel bedding on Air France KLM flights? ;)

Already the case in AF P class, the best in the world ! :)

tenn_ace Jun 4, 2018 4:49 pm

Dumb. Barely any coverage of 2 most popular traveller destinations - USA and Japan - and they are buying a steak in an airline. What exactly has the management been smoking? I want that too...

gilbertaue Jun 4, 2018 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by tenn_ace (Post 29829022)
Dumb. Barely any coverage of 2 most popular traveller destinations - USA and Japan - and they are buying a steak in an airline. What exactly has the management been smoking? I want that too...

They must be smoking Moutarde de Dijon... but I digress...

nrouxel Jun 6, 2018 12:40 am

from the Financial Times :
"If Accor were to buy the state’s stake in Air France-KLM, the French government could receive a 3 per cent stake in Accor as a result of a share swap. This would make Accor less vulnerable to a hostile takeover, with Chinese rivals circling the group, according to bankers".

ContinentalVoyager7 Jun 6, 2018 6:21 am

Originally Posted by nrouxel (Post 29834287)
from the Financial Times :
"If Accor were to buy the state’s stake in Air France-KLM, the French government could receive a 3 per cent stake in Accor as a result of a share swap. This would make Accor less vulnerable to a hostile takeover, with Chinese rivals circling the group, according to bankers".

I would actually support that Accor stay French. If it were to fall into the Chinese Rivals, It'll be terrible.

KLBGO Jun 6, 2018 1:10 pm

It is interesting how the Accor CEO says "I" and "me" instead of "we". HE wants to be BIG. Doesn't matter how profitable or not.

Kremmen Jun 8, 2018 7:46 am

Accor, with one of the worst, most bug-ridden travel web sites in the world, has "a view to developing joint digital projects"? Doesn't Air France-KLM have enough problems already?

(press release)

kaizen7 Jun 11, 2018 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen (Post 29843678)
Accor, with one of the worst, most bug-ridden travel web sites in the world, has "a view to developing joint digital projects"? Doesn't Air France-KLM have enough problems already?

(press release)

maybe, by developing "joint digital project" together, the bugs in accor, klm, and airfrance will be aligned and users for those 3 sites will have easier time as they will be facing familiar bugs.

JTCz Jun 17, 2018 4:13 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 29856407)
maybe, by developing "joint digital project" together, the bugs in accor, klm, and airfrance will be aligned and users for those 3 sites will have easier time as they will be facing familiar bugs.

Accor's corporate IT policy is to maintain as many conflicting IT systems and solutions as possible, e.g. the Places by LCAH app not being integrated with the AccorHotels app, plus many other quirks especially independently-operated (non-Accor-operated but Accor-branded) hotels can tell you. And how FRHG hotels availability and rates are still oftentimes better represented on booking.com and the like than accorhotels.com. So I wouldn't quite count on it.

BTW, KLM has an absolutely splendid digital team, I would hate for them to fall victim to Accor's IT.

starflyergold Jul 26, 2018 12:06 am

The pipe dream is over....