Wiki Posts
Search

Points posted correctly?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Points posted correctly?

My Mum recently organised and paid for a family gathering at Le Mercure Madeley Court in the UK, giving her Accor number when making the booking so was hoping for a decent amount of points on the total spend of £1800. Found out afterwards that she can only get points on two of the rooms, but even so the number of points that have paid out seem lower than she expected.

1 room for 3 nights with a total cost of £431.95 and one room for 2 nights for £287.90 so a total spend of £719.95 that she should earn points on. She's only been credited with 598 points which does seem low, she raised a query with Accor Customer care who looked into it and replied saying the correct number of points should now have posted although it seems the same as before. The points posted as:
05/05/2018 Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel 587 points Status and 0 Nights
05/05/2018 Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel 11 points Status and 2 Nights
Does that seem right? It seems lower than the Accor calculator says it should be but it's not a loyalty programme i'm particularly familiar with so I thought I'd double check on behalf of my Mum!
Old May 29, 2018, 4:38 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Earning rate for a Le club Classic member should be equivalent of 5% of eligible spend.

The VAT element of the stay doesn't earn points. Assuming all the rest of the stay was accommodation, F & B etc then the points should be awarded on about £600.

As a rough guide £600 spend should produce circa 1700 Le Club points.

My guess is having more than two rooms booked has confused the Le Club system. Go back to CS again and ask them to escalate the claim giving as much detail as you can. Be aware though that getting the right outcome from Accor CS can be a tortuous process.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Contact the hotel, not Accor CS
Old May 31, 2018, 12:54 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Accor CS is not competent. The best way to get the correct amount os to compute how much exactly you should have and compute what should have been the cost based on the points actually awarded. Then asked them to confirm whether the amount awarded:
- is incorrect: then asked them to correct it
- is correct: then inform them you overpaid and that their acknowledgement is proof enough for a chargeback.

Usually that is good enough for them to correct it
virtualaris and vidrineb like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.