Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels Customer Support? It doesn't exist :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AccorHotels Customer Support? It doesn't exist :)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Exclamation AccorHotels Customer Support? It doesn't exist :)

Hello,
I don't like to complain, but this case is really "special" to me. Simply ticket about bad experiences during our stay - hotel during renovation with some noises (without any info at reservation process dirrectly at Accor webpage about this fact) and building directly next to our balcony (I know that it's beyond hotel responsibility, but I just mentioned about that fact). As I found out at check-in hotel had full occupancy on standard rooms. I can't tell any bad words about staff, they are doing a good work.

Over 2 months ago I created a ticket. About month after, support responded to me and told, that hotel isn't during renovation now and building next to our balcony is at least 300-400 meters away I was a little bit shocked and asked to forward my ticket to other person.

And now the most interesting Over next month I didn't got any answer, so I started to asking about answer at AccorHotels fanpage at Facebook. It's really ridicoulus to get about 10 times the like-a-bot respond about "investigation in process", without any response dirrectly to mail. Entire chat is publicly available at @accorHotels Group fanpage.

Accor, now I know what way you are resolving simple ticket... and don't want to know, how are you dealing with harder cases
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Myca
Hello,
I don't like to complain, but this case is really "special" to me. Simply ticket about bad experiences during our stay - hotel during renovation with some noises (without any info at reservation process dirrectly at Accor webpage about this fact) and building directly next to our balcony (I know that it's beyond hotel responsibility, but I just mentioned about that fact). As I found out at check-in hotel had full occupancy on standard rooms. I can't tell any bad words about staff, they are doing a good work.

Over 2 months ago I created a ticket. About month after, support responded to me and told, that hotel isn't during renovation now and building next to our balcony is at least 300-400 meters away I was a little bit shocked and asked to forward my ticket to other person.

And now the most interesting Over next month I didn't got any answer, so I started to asking about answer at AccorHotels fanpage at Facebook. It's really ridicoulus to get about 10 times the like-a-bot respond about "investigation in process", without any response dirrectly to mail. Entire chat is publicly available at @accorHotels Group fanpage.

Accor, now I know what way you are resolving simple ticket... and don't want to know, how are you dealing with harder cases
Adding my experience with Accor customer service..

We stayed at the Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach for 3 nights Apr last year.
Property had exceptional views, nice convenient location and great polite staff, we were even offered welcome drinks upon arrival.
But not without a few occasional hiccups of course - the shower had clogged drainage, we complained on the first day, but hotel never fixed it until we checked out.
We decided to let this go as we were out with our activities most of the time.

The issue that ticked me off the most was when we discovered surprise charges during check out, that total to about $35 USD.
On the check out statement - it was denoted as foreign call fees.

I argued with front desk that I had only made a 5 minute local phone call to our driver to make arrangements to the next hotel.
Charging me fees for international calls is complete ludicrous!

Needless to say, the front desk didn't back down and insisted I pay the fees.
Begrudgingly, I paid the fees so I can move on. I actually didn't mind paying for any fees if I actually used their service, but $35 USD for a 5 minute local phone call charged as international?! Really? I felt scammed.

Upon returning home, I wrote a complaint on their website via an open ticket.
Received an automated confirmation that I will be contacted shortly.
Funny enough (or not), there was no follow up from them thereafter, and I also decided not to pursue.
I guess we were never actually spending enough to be of their attention anyway.

It's a pity, we love some of their properties in Asia Pacific, especially in Thailand where we frequent alot - ie Sofietel, but it's poor customer service experiences like these that deters us from actually becoming invested members to their loyalty program. We'll stick with Hotels.com straight forward free nights rebates when we book their properties in future.

It's funny to know how they won the freddie awards for the year.
There are so few loyal frequent travelers here compared to the other hotel chains, and if you click on each thread here, it's mostly complaints and a few occasional loyalist compliments.

Just reassuring OP here that you are not the only one getting no feedback whatsoever from their customer service team.

-B

Last edited by exploreaswego; Jun 5, 2018 at 2:52 pm
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:56 am

Just posted my own experience in a new thread and wish I found this one. So it sounds like Accor customer service is non-existent. Sad, given that some of the properties are wonderful.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I haven't found a single hotel I would class as wonderful yet. And the customer service stories simply keep me well away from Accor. I guess for some people Accor is good, for others it is not.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by olouie
Just posted my own experience in a new thread and wish I found this one. So it sounds like Accor customer service is non-existent. Sad, given that some of the properties are wonderful.
I agree with you, I'm guessing since their HQ is in Europe, so the communication channels are primarily stronger if you were reaching out to their customer service in EU. In the US or Asia, it's almost like a joke, they just set up the website in these regions as a facade with no real people following up whatsoever.

I haven't found a single hotel I would class as wonderful yet. And the customer service stories simply keep me well away from Accor. I guess for some people Accor is good, for others it is not.
I have to disagree, they do have exceptional properties spread out worldwide - or mainly from my experience in Asia Pacific. It's especially more so now when they acquired the fairmont group last year, where they do have some top notch places to choose from. (Not sure how management will change after the acquisition) And I want to give them my money and loyalty, but with the lack of customer service in the states, I'm looking at the 3rd party sites that sells inventory at the same rate as them and ask myself, why bother? When booking/hotels.com gives me the freedom to choose and services I need over their measly best rate guarantee programs (that perpetually never works).

I guess at the end of it, if they strengthen their CS team in the US region, then maybe I'll consider investing in their program..
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I strongly disagree with that (your 1st sentence). Accor has top notch properties. Customer service...well, this is a different story and on that I agree
And if someone wants to talk about the so-called « wonderful » US chains (Hilton, Marriott, etc), I am still waiting to be impressed by one of their US property. I stay a lot in those for the last 20 years (due to lack of Accor hotels where I mostly go in the US) and stay mostly in very average to dumb places. Those brands ar better outside of their domestic market, and note that this is true also with Accor.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think, although I agree with you, I just don’t like the feeling of Accor whatsoever. And I think in this whole travel universe that “feeling” is quite important. But a hotel brand won’t necessarily appeal to everybody, that’s just how it goes.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I will say that I find Accor HQ is rubbish. The loyalty programme is basic. I think the last time I was actually able to contact them with an issue and get a real response was in 2012. And that was even a time when everybody and their mum had platinum. And their poor customer service constantly has me examining the competition, virtually all of whom have much better loyalty programmes. I mean, last year, a hotel in Egypt significantly overcharged me, and nobody at Accor could even be so kind as to respond. However, at the end of the day, I just find that they have some really great properties and much more diversity than your Marriotts and your Hiltons. I get that consistency is important to some, but I just really appreciate the range of Accor's offerings and that is the only reason I have managed to remain platinum with them for so long.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
No other hospitality group ha provided me with as mediocre and a lacking product as Accor. has. My attempts to contact customer service have been exercises in futility. My takeaway is that they are so big, that they don't care.

I have been shocked to find a previous guest's socks and underpants in a corner of the room, a feces encrusted broken toilet seat, clogged sinks and inadequate housekeeping in Pullman and Novotel hotels. My breakfasts in Novotel, Pullman and Mercure Asian hotels have often been of dismal quality. Quite a contrast to my experience with other brands. Sometimes I write in to advise of the deficiency, but I never get so much as a thank you, we will fix it so the next guest doesn't have the same experience. It's the same standard form response. I am not looking for a handout, but I would think that there would be an itsy, bitsy bit of a embarrassment and an apology after the last set of disgusting photos I sent in. The long running drama of Accor unable to accept Amex for the BKK airport Novotel has played out for years on this forum, all with the same deficient service response.

I am sure that Accor must be good in some locations, but my experience has not been as satisfactory as at equally priced Hilton, Amari, Centara, Marriott brands. I try to avoid Accor now and think I have only stayed at Accor properties 6 nights this year. Hopefully I get that down to none next year.
globaltrvl555 likes this.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Jul 8, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find it very easy to totally avoid Accor. By simply not thinking about them, they are simply not on my radar in any shape or form, and therefore don’t enter my consciousness. Therefore they don’t come into consideration. There’s a lot of choice out there and a lot of decent options among independent hotels.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:36 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
I find it very easy to totally avoid Accor. By simply not thinking about them, they are simply not on my radar in any shape or form
Welcome to the Accor thread Concerto
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:03 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2
Welcome to the Accor thread Concerto
Definitely not thinking about Accor, nor are they on the radar.
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
About six weeks ago, I made a ticket about missing night and points credit for a stay in the beginning of March. I promptly received a reply that the team is "currently investigating my case", after which I finally followed up last week to enquire on the status of the ticket - no reply. How can it be so hard to add points? How do other members deal with a situation such as mine? Call the hotel?
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Yes, contact the hotel directly (just send an email) and they will sort it out for you.
Old May 2, 2022, 5:26 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
About six weeks ago, I made a ticket about missing night and points credit for a stay in the beginning of March. I promptly received a reply that the team is "currently investigating my case", after which I finally followed up last week to enquire on the status of the ticket - no reply. How can it be so hard to add points? How do other members deal with a situation such as mine? Call the hotel?
Weirdly, the points are added by the hotel, not by All themselves. So when you contact CS they need to contact the hotel anyway. Best to cut the middle man and contact the hotel directly as a rule.
remymartin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.