Accor Day 2018

Old May 2, 18, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
Talking Accor Day 2018

Has anyone else already booked their stay for Accor Day on August 28th? I've gone with the closest 5 star property to my house since I'm will no doubt be working that day. I've booked the Sofitel London Heathrow for myself and my partner. Does anyone have any experiences they could share from previous stays on Accor day? I did see in a review thread from someone who had gotten bathrobes with their name embroidered on them for a stay on this day, I have forgotten which thread I had seen it in.

If you have stayed at a property on Accor day in the past could you share what your status was, what hotel you stayed at, and what the hotel did to show their appreciation to your status level?
Old May 2, 18, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Could you elaborate on the advantages a stay during Accor day provides? Thanks.
Old May 2, 18, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea what this is all about
What is "Accor day" ?
starflyergold likes this.
Old May 2, 18, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea what this is all about
What is "Accor day" ?
Sorry it took me a while to find it.

I was referencing the post here. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28859843-post51.html
Old May 2, 18, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by vidrineb View Post

I was referencing the post here. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28859843-post51.html
Thank you
Old May 2, 18, 4:15 pm

And here I was looking forward to a repeat of this for 2018:

https://www.planadayout.com/Activity...corn-Day-16083
Old May 2, 18, 5:30 pm
cwl
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Silver, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Honours Diamond, Marriot Silver
I believe it is called Le Club Accor day rather than Accor Day. Supposed to be day to mark the Accor loyalty programme.

My only experience of it actually being marked was Hotel Muse Bangkok which opened its evening drinks and canapés to all Le Club members staying in the hotel on the day. As a Platinum card member the only thing this achieved was making evening drinks and canapés (which was a daily Platinum benefit in lieu of a full lounge) busier that night than usual. The hotel also offered Le Club members a lucky dip for things like a 25% discount voucher on F & B, free airport transfer etc.

I understand it is left to individual hotels to do whatever they wish or do nothing. Managers drinks receptions I believe are a popular hotel choice to mark the day but as with Accor generally Asian hotels are better at this sort of thing compared to their European cousins.

If you're staying in a Accor hotel on the day adds a little to the stay but not sure its worth changing plans on booking specifically to be in an Accor hotel on this particular day.
Old May 2, 18, 6:44 pm

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by vidrineb View Post

Oh my, my old post was featured!

Anyway's I am planning to stay at an Accor Hotel that day anyway's! Will update again perhaps if all goes smoothly!
vidrineb likes this.
Old May 2, 18, 8:41 pm

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
The closest Hotel to me is the Shenzhen Grand Mercure. Also there is a Novotel nearby. Firstly I doubt these 2 hotels would do much special. Also my wife might think I am crazy as it would make my commute the next day about 20/30mins longer to work. If it was a weekend then I might consider going to say Sofitel Guangzhou or Macau. Next year maybe the new Shenzhen Raffles would be opened and if it is a Friday or Saturday then I would definitely consider.
Old May 2, 18, 11:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Will fairmonts and rafflesses celebrating as well?
Old May 3, 18, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Will fairmonts and rafflesses celebrating as well?
LOL !
virtualaris likes this.
Old May 3, 18, 2:20 am

Programs: AF S, Accor Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cocoleolol View Post
Anyway's I am planning to stay at an Accor Hotel that day anyway's! Will update again perhaps if all goes smoothly!
I'll be at the Mercure Bugis as well... anything unexpected would surely be welcomed!

Julien
Old May 3, 18, 2:38 am
Original Poster

I know the Asian counterparts are much better at things like this but I just thought I would role the die and make sure I stay with LCAH that night. I will report back here to let everyone know if Sofitel Heathrow does anything special. It is unfortunate that I'm returning from Thailand only two days prior to this, so probably would have been better if I could have extended my trip to stay somewhere there.
Old May 3, 18, 10:34 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Is it really worth to make stay on that day?
Old May 3, 18, 10:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Actually, I do plan to stay at Fairmont Singapore on that day

Search this Thread
Search Engine: