Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel New York

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 2:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Oh ok, any idea if hotel went through renovations during this time?
Old May 11, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
For restaurants, do you do 20% before tax and drinks? That's what my American colleagues did when I was on US-based consulting assignments.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:42 am

Reopen postponed

Originally Posted by starflyergold
And scheduled to reopen 1 June 2021 as per its website https://www.sofitel-new-york.com/
The reopen is planned now the 1st of August 2021.
Curious to know if they are doing some renovations.
Any advantage for the platinum members ? There is no executive lounge until now.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Slc2012
That’s weird. Renovations could be an explanation. Or they may have trouble to re-hire the laid-off staff or properly trained new staff.
The hotel webpage doesn’t mention any date of reopening (a way too frequent problem with Accor site).

Last edited by Goldorak; Jun 6, 2021 at 2:10 pm
Old Jun 7, 2021, 3:16 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Any advantage for the platinum members ? There is no executive lounge until now.
Not surprised since the US is still closed for many international leisure travellers, including from the EU. To answer your question re platinum perks: you get the published benefits. I doubt they will add a lounge any time. As we all know the Accor CEO does not be believe in them unless absolutely necessary in certain markets (i.e. Asia-Pacific).
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:57 pm

Open date.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
That’s weird. Renovations could be an explanation. Or they may have trouble to re-hire the laid-off staff or properly trained new staff.
The hotel webpage doesn’t mention any date of reopening (a way too frequent problem with Accor site).
You can find the reopen date here:
https://www.sofitel-new-york.com/

Our reopening date will be August 1, 2021.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Thanks. But it would be certainly a good idea to have this information on Accor main site as well
Slc2012 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 4:58 am

It looks the hotel does not have buffet meal. You can find the breakfast menu served at the Gaby restaurant :
https://www.ahstatic.com/pdf/2185_rsr001_00_t_x_fr.pdf
If you book a breakfast with your room, which choice do you have ? The traditional breakfast ?

Still curious to know if the hotel is taking the advantage of the fact the hotel is closed, to execute some renovations. It will be nice to have some new stay reviews in August after opening.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

It looks the hotel does not have buffet meal.
I am not aware of any Sofitel in North America having ever had a breakfast buffet. All ŕ la carte.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I am not aware of any Sofitel in North America having ever had a breakfast buffet. All ŕ la carte.
There was a breakfast buffet at the Sofitel Los Angeles when I stayed there in 2015.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 2:16 pm

Reopening postponed

They postponed the reopening to the 15th August 2021.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:23 am

The hotel lists August 15th as the reopening, but doesn't appear to be bookable until about August 30th Is it not really reopening on the 15th?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by IADTraveller
The hotel lists August 15th as the reopening, but doesn't appear to be bookable until about August 30th Is it not really reopening on the 15th?
I can see that the reopening date is now the 22nd of August.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Seems like the reopening date was pushed back again? It's not on the home page of the website anymore. The earliest bookable date seems to be October 1. Hotel is still active on social media, posting about stays beginning late summer. They even posted a gift card promo...played with it and found you could buy a $999 gift card and get a $500 bonus. Tempting, and I'm hoping to stay here in December, but I'm not willing to buy a gift card for a hotel that isn't even open yet...
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by andy_dangg
Seems like the reopening date was pushed back again? It's not on the home page of the website anymore. The earliest bookable date seems to be October 1. Hotel is still active on social media, posting about stays beginning late summer. They even posted a gift card promo...played with it and found you could buy a $999 gift card and get a $500 bonus. Tempting, and I'm hoping to stay here in December, but I'm not willing to buy a gift card for a hotel that isn't even open yet...
thanks for the update, but it's really starting to be ridiculous . Do we know what's going on ? Renovation ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.