Sofitel New York

Old Jun 1, 2024, 5:36 am

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
Hotel is actually pretty ok.
The rooms are ok for NYC standards. Even the standard room we have… no upgrade as we wanted 2 single beds…

Breakfast in the restaurant is actually very nice ala carte. Quality is good. Prices are… well… NYC…. Paid usd150 for 2 pax on Fr… Sat and Sun order what you want and free due to Diamond.

Only bad thing: our 1st room I opended the minibar just before 2nd night and an enormous stink filled the room…. Turned out there was old sushi from previous guests still in there.. we needed to change room.
This is really not acceptable for a Sofitel…
They just ‘we are very sorry’ for now…

Late checkout granted till 1PM… I wanted 3PM, which they ‘offered’ for usd200….
Old Jun 1, 2024, 5:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by PascalGie
Late checkout granted till 1PM I wanted 3PM, which they offered for usd200.
For a Diamond member? Obviously nothing has changed. Still badly managed.
CanadaDH and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 5:51 am

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
For a Diamond member? Obviously nothing has changed. Still badly managed.
Agree on that one
To me it feels this Sofitel is an exception;
Staff are trained to be superficial friendly to customers, but no actions to back this up

Anyway, cant beat the location. Gonna enjoy a nice Saturday here ;-)
Old Jun 6, 2024, 3:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Well finally (clearly this hotel was on Accor's "must do better" list):

Sofitel New York will be embarking on a refurbishment project, coinciding with the 60th anniversary of Sofitel this year.

The renovation plan will see enhancements to all facets of the hotel, including its 398 rooms (including 51 suites and the presidential suite). The property’s iconic skyscraper one-bedroom suites, which offer skyline views of the city, and the terrace suites with vistas of the Chrysler or Empire State Buildings, will also be upgraded. The hotel’s lobby, meeting areas, guest elevators and corridors will also be refreshed.
Sofitel New York to undergo extensive renovations as brand celebrates 60 years - HOTELSMag.com

The new GM will hopefully also address the staffing/customer service/lack of proper loyalty treatment problems at the hotel.
SkyteamEP likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.