FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Fairmont’s Sirru Fen Fushi opens in the Maldives (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1905842-fairmont-s-sirru-fen-fushi-opens-maldives.html)

FA_COR_YYZ Apr 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Fairmont’s Sirru Fen Fushi opens in the Maldives

From https://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4088078.html

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d21971882f.jpg
A new luxurious getaway operated by Fairmont Hotels and Resorts has opened in the idyllic setting of the Maldives. We take a look inside the Sirru Fen Fushi resort on the South Asian island.

Villas in paradise
Fairmont's latest offering is the pinnacle of luxury and isolation. Located on the island of Gaakoshibee in the Maldives, this new resort is made up exclusively of 120 luxurious villas on their own private lagoon resort, one of the biggest in the area. The resort opened this month and has been lauded for its tasteful design that will no doubt have high-class travelers flocking to the island in their droves. The architecture and design is typical of this exotic paradise, with the tastefully designed private water villas taking full advantage of the stunning location. Thatched roofs sit atop whitewashed walls, and the villas are erected on posts that let them hover over the crystal blue waters of the Indian Ocean, with private jetties offering panoramic views out over the sea. The villas are designed with personal deck areas that are furnished with sun loungers that surround individual plunge pools so guests have the utmost privacy on their vacation. The outdoor areas of the villas are orientated towards the sea, so residents are completely isolated from the other villas.

Spa, sunsets and seclusion
Sirru Fen Fushi translates to "secret water island", and this is exactly what guests can expect when they stay at the new Fairmont hotel. Guests can avail of the state of the art spa facilities, which allow holidaymakers to relax, revive and rejuvenate in one of the most idyllic locations on the planet. The Willow Stream spa draws on the hotel's natural surroundings to craft a contemplative and calm oasis, where treatments use local herbs and plants which connect back to the local culture of the island. The spa also boasts a 50m long serenity pool that is a treat for the senses, as the air is fragranced with aromatherapy scents. The hotel aims to enchant its guests, and claims the unusual offering of a submerged sculpture garden. Their website says, "With nature and art as your guides, dive into the resort's unique, mesmerising underwater sculpture park, explore the gently sloping 9 km house reef, castaway for a day, shoeless and carefree, and dine on gourmet cuisine by the light of the moon." The new hotel typifies Fairmont's mission to connect its guests with the best experiences that each destination has to offer.

CanuckFlyHigh Apr 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Wow. I didnt even know this was coming! Thanks

CanadaDH Apr 25, 2018 5:41 am

I didn't know about this one either. I'm not big into beach holidays, but it looks like a nice place to try.

CanuckFlyHigh Apr 25, 2018 8:23 am

Wonder if free night cert's are allowed here? This would be a good year where a husband/wife combo have 4 full sets of certs.

Arthurrs Apr 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 29682019)
Wonder if free night cert's are allowed here? This would be a good year where a husband/wife combo have 4 full sets of certs.

Starting at $1000 USD per night for a room, that would be an awesome place to redeem a cert!! :)

SOWK Apr 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Wow. Looks gorgeous, and I had no idea it was being built!

I emailed to ask about certificate use. Fingers crossed :D

ctownflyer Apr 27, 2018 2:30 pm

No certs welcome :(

MasterGeek Apr 28, 2018 5:47 pm

How much does the transfer from airport cost ?

FA_COR_YYZ Apr 30, 2018 10:30 am

$705 USD return for adults and $425 USD for kids 12 and under (according to Hotels.com)

SOWK May 2, 2018 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 29690997)
No certs welcome :(

I emailed the hotel last week about certificate use, particularly free-night certificates, and I received a response from the reservations manager saying:

We are delighted to inform you that, all the privileges of the Fairmont Club Members are same applicable in Fairmont Maldives, Sirru Fen Fushi as well.

I'm curious where you heard no certificates were allowed? I suspect this could be mis-information, but I'm staying cautiously optimistic. Right now I'm planning to burn our last 3 free-night certificates at the Grand Del Mar, but I may have to change those plans....

Jasper2009 May 2, 2018 2:58 pm

Wow - the smallest "suite" is listed at 350sqm and all suite categories seem to have a private pool. At least the hard product seems to be among the best available in the Maldives.

And their introductory offer with rates starting in the $700USD/night rate is outstanding.

Previously I had no interest in visiting the Maldives, but I'm almost tempted to check out the property if transportation to/from the resort weren't that expensive.:D

CanadaDH May 2, 2018 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 29708493)
Wow - the smallest "suite" is listed at 350sqm and all suite categories seem to have a private pool. At least the hard product seems to be among the best available in the Maldives.

And their introductory offer with rates starting in the $700USD/night rate is outstanding.

Previously I had no interest in visiting the Maldives, but I'm almost tempted to check out the property if transportation to/from the resort weren't that expensive.:D

Agreed, those prices seem to be crazy low for the quality of the villa--I've paid a lot more for a lot less. But as nice as the place looks, my concern is the isolation. The island just looks too small, so options look rather limited. I guess if you just want to relax there it can work, but I'd probably go a bit stir crazy without the ability to jump in a rental car and explore, or go off hiking somewhere.

Jasper2009 May 3, 2018 8:49 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 29709460)
Agreed, those prices seem to be crazy low for the quality of the villa--I've paid a lot more for a lot less. But as nice as the place looks, my concern is the isolation. The island just looks too small, so options look rather limited. I guess if you just want to relax there it can work, but I'd probably go a bit stir crazy without the ability to jump in a rental car and explore, or go off hiking somewhere.

Unfortunately that would be the case with almost any resort in the Maldives.

I suppose the primary purpose of staying at a resort in the Maldives is to "unplug": relax by the pool, sit on the beach, eat and drink, get pampered...maybe a little swimming or snorkelling / diving.

I could probably see myself enjoying that for 4-5 days, but would probably need something to do / explore after that.

CanuckFlyHigh May 4, 2018 8:45 am

Comibine this with the 20% gift card sale on May 9th, and this is an EXCELLENT deal.

I am completely kicking myself for not buying that US - HKG - MLE Cathay Business Class Sale for $2600 USD. Would have been a fantastically reasonable but luxurious trip to Maldives.

Pseudo Nim May 4, 2018 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by SOWK (Post 29706888)
I emailed the hotel last week about certificate use, particularly free-night certificates, and I received a response from the reservations manager saying:

We are delighted to inform you that, all the privileges of the Fairmont Club Members are same applicable in Fairmont Maldives, Sirru Fen Fushi as well.

I'm curious where you heard no certificates were allowed? I suspect this could be mis-information, but I'm staying cautiously optimistic. Right now I'm planning to burn our last 3 free-night certificates at the Grand Del Mar, but I may have to change those plans....

I just phoned FPC and they said no.