Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:07 am

Badge collections so far .......

Is anybody still trying to collect Places badges ?

I have finished this year with 25 and only have access to two more in the current list due to geographical travel limits (only Southeast Asia): Still can get MGallery and Siam Smiles

Next year it seems that Banyan Tree, Cassia and Angsana badges will become available here.

Then maybe Movenpick later in the year.

I am envious of people who travel to more places and can get more of the country or events badges.

I know the Points on offer are not huge but I have found this Places App to be fun when it works properly.

I am guessing that some people who post here or travel to lots of places already have many badges. 😊
Firsttime4me2 and clement7 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Looking forward to ticking off my NYE badge tomorrow!
clement7 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: Le Accor and Marriott
18473 status points and 56 nights.
clement7 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
My first year with Accor 15212 status points in 64 nights..Basically due to there being no IHG properties near my Italian project,
Still maintained my Spire status with IHG, but I do feel they look after me better. It will be an interesting 2019, should repeat my new found platinum status with Accor, and hopefully maintain my IHG spire status. Should be able to make a good comparison of the two programs, but I feel Accor self promotes itself to much, too many nonsense emails..
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
My first year with Accor 15212 status points in 64 nights..Basically due to there being no IHG properties near my Italian project,
Still maintained my Spire status with IHG, but I do feel they look after me better. It will be an interesting 2019, should repeat my new found platinum status with Accor, and hopefully maintain my IHG spire status. Should be able to make a good comparison of the two programs, but I feel Accor self promotes itself to much, too many nonsense emails..
if you travel often in Italy, always check for points promotions for Italy. There is any promo available for 70-80% of your stays during the year, if you can always organize in advance your trips.
clement7 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

I have finished this year with 25 and only have access to two more in the current list due to geographical travel limits (only Southeast Asia): Still can get MGallery and Siam Smiles

Next year it seems that Banyan Tree, Cassia and Angsana badges will become available here.

Then maybe Movenpick later in the year.

I am envious of people who travel to more places and can get more of the country or events badges.

I know the Points on offer are not huge but I have found this Places App to be fun when it works properly.

I am guessing that some people who post here or travel to lots of places already have many badges. 😊
angsana and Banyan Tree stays are still available to be registered on Places App.

Hope too there will be any dedicated badge starting from this year
Kobetraveller and clement7 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I have finished my last night the 30th of December. Still waiting for the points and because of the waiting dropped back to silver. Next Friday I will check-in again at the same hotel.

I will see how it will go....hopefully the accor systems works right with crediting the points for 2018 and will make me Gold again.....
clement7 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:10 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Did you get a response?
Sorry for the lack of response, I was sadly preoccupied with work and am currently in military deployment for the next month, so I hadn't had any time to deal with this issue. I will try to do so today and come back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Cheers
gilbertaue and clement7 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Easytravel
I have finished my last night the 30th of December. Still waiting for the points and because of the waiting dropped back to silver. Next Friday I will check-in again at the same hotel.

I will see how it will go....hopefully the accor systems works right with crediting the points for 2018 and will make me Gold again.....
7248 / 25 Nights

During the check-in I was silver, the hotel saw me as a Gold member, but the points weren't credited to my account. They did it again next day and a few hours later...app said GOLD.
So up to 2019 for a new GOLD challenge.
clement7 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
11550/27 nights

this past 12 months has been my lowest for about 10 years. However, thanks to my Accor Plus membership, I’m maintaining Platinum status until at least July.

Even got got a brand new card and the notebook for the very first time last week (they’ve never given this to Accor Plus members before - or at least I’ve never got it.

So so will be interesting to see what happens to my status come July.
clement7 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Did you get a response?
So far I did not.

I miss FPC.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Nick Art
So far I did not.

I miss FPC.
Well, what do I know...
I just received an email from the Fairmont Royal Palm this noon regarding the matter and telling me they have credited the points to the account, which now also showed up.

It seems that posting on here somehow helps.
tris06 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
Had an 8 night stay in Legend Metropole from 29/12 so it credited this year. I'm halfway back to Platinum which I've been for about ten years. With next weekend in NY, and a week in May beginning in NY, then Seattle, then Banff I'll be over 14000 so I can start spending points. I rarely stayed at Fairmont until they joined Accor but the high prices do get you more points quicker.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by HanoiIG
Had an 8 night stay in Legend Metropole from 29/12 so it credited this year. I'm halfway back to Platinum which I've been for about ten years. With next weekend in NY, and a week in May beginning in NY, then Seattle, then Banff I'll be over 14000 so I can start spending points. I rarely stayed at Fairmont until they joined Accor but the high prices do get you more points quicker.
legend Hanoi ❤️

I can not wait to stay again ...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Well, what do I know...
I just received an email from the Fairmont Royal Palm this noon regarding the matter and telling me they have credited the points to the account, which now also showed up.

It seems that posting on here somehow helps.
And following a bit later an email of the assistant of the GM apologizing for the whole inconvenience.

At last, what a pleasant outcome of this whole mess.
gilbertaue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.