Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
My last stay (Sofitel Broadbeach) took me from 59 to 61 nights which should make me platinum but 48hrs later no activity showing up and I’m still gold. Does anyone here have an idea of how long until points post? I never usually look because I don’t generally care, but I’d like to be platinum before my next stay in 5 days.
clement7 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
My last stay (Sofitel Broadbeach) took me from 59 to 61 nights which should make me platinum but 48hrs later no activity showing up and I’m still gold. Does anyone here have an idea of how long until points post? I never usually look because I don’t generally care, but I’d like to be platinum before my next stay in 5 days.
If points and nights are not posted after 48hrs Checking out then you could call them. If you go to Accor customer service they will say after 10 days from check out they will deal with it. Might be best for you to ask Sofitel broadbeach to confirm the next hotel you are indeed a plat member but that the system did not yet update. Anyway may not work but in a way they are responsible if your next check in still displays gold.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:14 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
I would recommend contacting the Reservations or Front Office Manager and ask them to post the points manually, as you have an upcoming stay.

If this does not work, if you are an Accor Plus member, have found Accor Plus very helpful and willing to upgrade status manually in this sort of situation.

Good luck!
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I would recommend contacting the Reservations or Front Office Manager and ask them to post the points manually, as you have an upcoming stay.

If this does not work, if you are an Accor Plus member, have found Accor Plus very helpful and willing to upgrade status manually in this sort of situation.

Good luck!
Awesome advice and much appreciated
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:41 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Miserable.
Only ONE of the stays in the second half of this year posted points/nights automatically (and they were not credited to me, but my roommate instead, despite me reserving and paying for the room). And getting the other stays to credit correctly will take LeClub Support another half a year I suppose.

So right now, despite having spent quite some money and nights, I have zero nights and zero points. Lovely.

So annoying.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:36 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Miserable.
Only ONE of the stays in the second half of this year posted points/nights automatically (and they were not credited to me, but my roommate instead, despite me reserving and paying for the room). And getting the other stays to credit correctly will take LeClub Support another half a year I suppose.

So right now, despite having spent quite some money and nights, I have zero nights and zero points. Lovely.

So annoying.
Odd.
AH Customer Service for a change has nothing to do with this.
All points are posted by the hotels and are at fault if they're not posted.
​​​​​
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, the best plan is to contact the hotel. I did that for a stay in October, mainly because they wrote to me asking how the stay was and the manager left her email address. The points issue was resolved very quickly, possibly because it was a new hotel (Ibis) and they wanted everything to go well. But contact the hotel, try to get the email address of the manager. They'll sort it out for you.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, the best plan is to contact the hotel. I did that for a stay in October, mainly because they wrote to me asking how the stay was and the manager left her email address. The points issue was resolved very quickly, possibly because it was a new hotel (Ibis) and they wanted everything to go well. But contact the hotel, try to get the email address of the manager. They'll sort it out for you.
That’s exactly what happened to me. You can see a few posts up I was a night off Platinum. Got some good advice in here and as I opened my email to write off the property’s “how’d you like your stay” email came in with managers name. 20 mins after emailing him I was Platinum. Very impressed (and happy)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The individual hotels themselves somehow replace the dodgy Accor customer service, depending on the nature of the problem you have. They seem keen for us to have an experience and stay without issues.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:39 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I have a question regarding status over the new year.

I have a stay booked, checking in 30 December and checking out on 1 January. Will these status points and nights be credited to my 2019 status, or will I get zero nights and status points when they post in early January (much like airlines give zero status for flights before the new year).
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I have a question regarding status over the new year.

I have a stay booked, checking in 30 December and checking out on 1 January. Will these status points and nights be credited to my 2019 status, or will I get zero nights and status points when they post in early January (much like airlines give zero status for flights before the new year).
Points post on the day of checkout. So if you are leaving the hotel on the 1st of January they will be counted to yr 2019 qualification. So your account wont be zero. We are also planning a 1 night stay for new years.
Firsttime4me2 and Maelstrom like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tris06
Points post on the day of checkout. So if you are leaving the hotel on the 1st of January they will be counted to yr 2019 qualification.
I confirm.
tris06 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Originally Posted by tris06
We are also planning a 1 night stay for new years.
Is that to get the 'Places' NYE badge or unlike us, do you have NYE plans?
tris06 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2
Is that to get the 'Places' NYE badge or unlike us, do you have NYE plans?

Well not really. We live in Shenzhen. Hong Kong is crazy for New Years Eve and hotels are either booked out or asking 400+ USD per night (example Novotel Nathan Road). By the way that reminds me, Why Pullman Hong Kong (Currently sold out on my app) says it is booked out and therefore cannot be booked when Plat members are supposed to have guaranteed ability to book rooms at the full rack rate 48hrs + or earlier?

Anyway We decided to go to Dongguan forum again for 1 night which is an okay hotel within an hour travel time. We were tempted to go to Sofitel Foshan but it is a bit far for the 1 night. The Facebook badge was an afterthought, 100 points does not get me really excited though every bit helps on top of my 90,000 points currently.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Didn't really plan to do this - Gold is enough for me - but somehow got enough points to get me pass the Platinum threshold for the first time ever last weekend.

Wonder if that'll change anything, as the formal differences between Gold and Plat don't seem that interesting to me (lounges sound great, but then I don't leave Europe often), but maybe I'll get upgrades more frequently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.