Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Novotel will in future refuse to print the bill upon check-out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel will in future refuse to print the bill upon check-out

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Easytravel
At my last checkout I had 4 days of breakfast for 2 p.p. on the bill. At check-in I allready told the employee that I wouldn't take the breakfast. In the morning I received the invoice with 180 euro of breakfast expenses. So I couldn't use the the express checkout and took me 25 mins extra time.
Had to ask for the paper bill.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Even if you don't select express check out, they will act as if you did.
This is actually my main concern, not paper vs electronic... My employer requires me to use the corporate credit card for accommodation, but doesn't allow to do so for extras. Therefore, I usually have to split the bill into two parts.

My other issue is that Accor Hotels, in particular in the UK, often charge you in the currency the credit card is issued, i.e. CHF in my case. However, the invoice is still in the hotels' currency, i.e. GBP. Again, I'm in trouble because according Swiss tax legislation the invoice and the credit card transaction must be in the same currency for expense purposes.

That's why I strongly prefer "slow manual check out".
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by swiss_global
My other issue is that Accor Hotels, in particular in the UK, often charge you in the currency the credit card is issued, i.e. CHF in my case. However, the invoice is still in the hotels' currency, i.e. GBP. Again, I'm in trouble because according Swiss tax legislation the invoice and the credit card transaction must be in the same currency for expense purposes.
I faced this situation several times in UK hotels. But they always give you the choice of being charged in GBP or the currency of the country where the card has been issued. The 1st time I answered naively EUR and faced the annoying situation to have "discrepancies" between the invoice and the charge on the CC statement. Since that, I always ask to be charged in GBP.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Novotel London Stansted

Still have not received the correct bill. They just say that we can only provide a receipt for the cash you paid not the points burnt. This is despite other hotels being able to provide a receipt showing that total cash value. I do not claim back the expenses as this is private travel, but sometimes when looking back you need to remind yourself that you did pay FULL rate for the hotel and not just some odd $, € or £ ..... ( and Accor do say that points are worth a FIXED amount of cash = not possible to get any arbitrage value )

Still no response from GM about apaling previous stay ( and no upgrade on this stay ), and that an extra £12 added to the bill for transport to and from Airport ( was given this free on previous stays ). No receipt for this either.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by FGunawan
Well said. I share this view. Maybe reception can have a tablet or screen easily viewable by guests for review of final bill.
I realize I am a bit late to this party but: This is absolutely my concern. I realize I live under a rock, but I don't travel with a phone. (I plan to make the Guiness book of records as longest holdout.) Anyway, I still want to see the final bill at the time I have a staff member to speak to in person. No reason, nada, that this cannot be the case.

If Accor wants to pay for an international phone plan in lieu of printing out a paper copy, they are my guest...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Novotel Panama still prints out paper check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.