Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Novotel will in future refuse to print the bill upon check-out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel will in future refuse to print the bill upon check-out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak

in several cities in the US, Taxis are e-mailing the receipts (St. Louis, MO for instance). And you don’t have to type it each time. If you always use the same credit card, you’re-mail address is “stored”.
But you still have the option to have it printed by the driver.
In Singapore, Uber and Grab provides a receipt right after your ride (it rhymes) I hate paper receipts, it fades over time and laziness takes over when the sticking for claims start
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:54 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by cowism
In Singapore, Uber and Grab provides a receipt right after your ride (it rhymes) I hate paper receipts, it fades over time and laziness takes over when the sticking for claims start
Accor should do this. But let's be honest, most of us won't trust them to bill us correctly. They can't even credit our points in correctly!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Nothing prevents people who choose to live in the past from printing the PDF's they receive. Those, after all, render the same document as would have been printed and handed to them.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:55 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cowism
That's why in Germany you are now expected to make photocopies of your receipts that have been printed on thermal paper. Very ECO.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by Often1
Nothing prevents people who choose to live in the past from printing the PDF's they receive. Those, after all, render the same document as would have been printed and handed to them.
I'm glad to hear that we live in an age where electronic documents are totally secure.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Accor should do this. But let's be honest, most of us won't trust them to bill us correctly. They can't even credit our points in correctly!
I am Platinum with Starwood, Marriott, IHG and Accor. Accor is the ONLY hotel chain I asked for Folio during checkout each time because I know that Accor Useless No Customer Service Agent will ask me to scan them a copy of the folio if there is any missing stay / points or incorrect points before they can take any action.

I don't have problem with Starwood and Marriott and I never ask for any folio during check out. I just have to send their Customer Service an email with my check in / check out date and reservation number and all the points will be credited within 24-36 hours.

Bangkok Mercure Sukhumvit Soi 11 is the only Accor hotel I encounter which always send me the e-folio to my email within 24 hours after check out and so far (7 out of 7 stays since their opening in 2017), all the points and stay credit are correct. To be honest, I prefer e-folio provided there is no error.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
I am Platinum with Starwood, Marriott, IHG and Accor. Accor is the ONLY hotel chain I asked for Folio during checkout each time because I know that Accor Useless No Customer Service Agent will ask me to scan them a copy of the folio if there is any missing stay / points or incorrect points before they can take any action.
I checked out last Sunday at a Novotel (Lille France), no bill, no e-mail, no points......ok the points have to wait. After sending an e-mail for bill.....after 24h no response.......
I always ask the paper bill at Accor, to many mistakes.........
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:29 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Very good point.

UNTIL Accorhotels stops requiring invoices for points claims, they need to continue printing invoices.
chrism20 and Goldorak like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Often1
Nothing prevents people who choose to live in the past from printing the PDF's they receive. (...)
Don't be so derogatory sir.

It is not about backwardness.

It is about practicality.

Are you a heavy traveller yourself?

Then if so, tell us : how do you make sure that the bills are right when you are back from a 2-3 week trip for example? Will you remember if you had breakfast or not? If you ordered room service or not? Etc. and more. How much time will you need to sort out all your emails and check (or print in some cases) each pdf bill?

When a hotel prints the bill, it is usually final. No surprises. If they want to charge forgotten items, they have to justify it, contrary to the sneaky way described here of sending a bill by email that is different from the pdf one you approved at the desk!

Even if the trip is short, sometimes you are so busy that the expense report thing comes much later. Then you have forgotten the details of the stays.

Or the bill is missing altogether (reference to testimony of other posters)! You have to email and request and wait for the answer.

Messy and time consuming.

If you are happy with this mess, then fine.

I expect however to be given the CHOICE of express check out (no print) or standard check out (final bill is printed).

Is it too much to ask?
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Don't be so derogatory sir.

It is not about backwardness.

It is about practicality.

Are you a heavy traveller yourself?

Then if so, tell us : how do you make sure that the bills are right when you are back from a 2-3 week trip for example? Will you remember if you had breakfast or not? If you ordered room service or not? Etc. and more. How much time will you need to sort out all your emails and check (or print in some cases) each pdf bill?

When a hotel prints the bill, it is usually final. No surprises. If they want to charge forgotten items, they have to justify it, contrary to the sneaky way described here of sending a bill by email that is different from the pdf one you approved at the desk!

Even if the trip is short, sometimes you are so busy that the expense report thing comes much later. Then you have forgotten the details of the stays.

Or the bill is missing altogether (reference to testimony of other posters)! You have to email and request and wait for the answer.

Messy and time consuming.

If you are happy with this mess, then fine.

I expect however to be given the CHOICE of express check out (no print) or standard check out (final bill is printed).

Is it too much to ask?
100% in agreement with you. We just ask for having the choice. It shouldn’t be that complicated.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:29 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There is a lesson for Accor management here: their most loyal customers do not trust the processes at Accor.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I stayed in an IBIS in Germany recently and had selected fast check out. I got an email with the bill attached for review early in the morning. I checked and all was fine so when leaving the hotel I just dropped my key card at the reception. About an hour later I received an email with the final bill. They had added two breakfasts to the bill, although I had booked for 1 person and had stayed alone and most importantly had not taken any breakfast. I had to call the hotel to get it rectified. They did, but it was annoying nevertheless.

My company has gone all digital for expense claims, so I do prefer digital receipts and bills so that I don't need to scan them. But this procedure at Accor is far from perfect and next time I will likely not select fast check out and request to get to see the bill in whatever form before paying.

I had a similar experience at IBIS heathrow, I paid for the room with 2000 points + cash but they ended charging me the full amount cash.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
A hotel invoice is useful for more than just expense reimbursement. My travel is probably 98% leisure, so expense report claims are not a factor in whether I want a paper or electronic invoice. And while it may be old fashioned, I like to review my invoice charges, using the paper copy that is slipped under my door the night before checking out. If I'm travelling without a laptop (and since I'm not on business, I don't need to have it with me), paper is all I use, and I'm not about to try ticking off the charges while reading a invoice that's probably several pages long, on the screen of my phone. As a finance and IT executive, I love technology, but for some things in life, I still like my paper. The higher standard of service would be to offer both options to the traveller.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fransknorge
There is a lesson for Accor management here: their most loyal customers do not trust the processes at Accor.
THIS @AccorHotelsConcierge @amy
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Novotel Stansted Airport

Checked in on line, no Platinum recognition, and so far has taken ten e mails to get a almost correct bill.
No one available at reception at silly O Clock when I had to leave. So much for a full service hotel.

t has been a week so far Not holding out any hope this will be resolved.

I will do a full review when I get my bill...... dont hold breath.
Easytravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.