Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:42 pm

Really interesting. Am intrigued by your comments on the breakfast. The staff member mentioned “FT”. What does “FT” refer to ??? I immediately think of this site but surely it is not that well known by hotel staff, or is it ???
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:36 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I think maybe some business relationship set up for their VIP client/s and that could be a large corporation like Financial Times? I am guessing, I am sure there are plenty of large companies with the initials FT.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
It is a reference to this site.

It was a nice touch, the reception personnel did not offer a discount for Platinum ( was 95 PLZ ) if we wanted it. Went to concierge 2h later with a request for cold milk for a cup of tea ( room service never arrived for some reason ) and just asked, as have seen a review that mentioned it.. I think it "was" a hidden benefit. The hotel however is/was doing a 1 PLZ breakfast offer for the winter period ( we booked before and out of the terms of the offer dates ) but this was not available to us at check in.

The breakfast was a very good large buffet, and the room was busy from start to finish, but replenished quickly. You could cut the que at the counter and ask directly for eggs cooked to your specification, at the same time as your coffee. Tea was self service for some reason.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:44 pm

[QUOTE=hotel_user;30568803]It is a reference to this site.

This is interesting. I am constantly asked to write TripAdvisor reviews which I don't because I do not have an Account and don't really want to do so. But I have very little personal experience of hotel staff mentioning FT. I do know one GM from another hotel group who pays attention to it, and some GMs from that group respond occasionally to FT comments about their hotels . . . social media staff from that group actively monitor and respond/help when appropriate. My general impression though is that FT is not very well known to most hotel staff, including senior staff, and is not so influential due to its relatively narrow readership but I may be totally wrong. Will be very happy to stand corrected.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hotel_user
- Name of the hotel:

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes – very (However, not as good as our stay in the Sofitel in Sopot for about the same cost.)
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room and was upgraded to a corner suite (junior not sure) on fourth floor with views over the square and towards the old town.
- How are the rooms?
The room(s) was large and had a good view. There was plenty of plugs and even USB charging outlets by the bed and on the work table in the main room. Room had “mood” type lighting that made it dark in the evening even when all of the lights were on. The TV had some English language channels but not many.
- What was good and what was bad?
Good: - Room service gave water each day, and turn down service. Newly refurbished. Tea / Coffee also replaced. Difficult to get cold milk on first night- took milk from breakfast subsequently. One macron and some
Bad: No discount on the un inspiring restaurant. However, plenty of good quality choice within 5 mins walk.
- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge. Did ask concierge about breakfast. Was told that as a special favour it could be free if asked if FT was mentioned, so I did, and it was. It was a good international selection.
- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
One drink voucher was given for two persons, we could have a choice of anything within reason Got a good G&T and a “Peter Pan” cocktail.
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes, well located, and friendly staff. Did not have time to use pool, but it looked good and inviting. Will use it next stay. IMHO defiantly worth the extra few € per night over the other offerings from Accor in Warsaw.
It's definitely a nice place to stay. Do you know if all rooms have been renovated now ?
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

We stayed over a long weekend just before Christmas. There was a nice note on our bed the first night stating that they were doing renovation work. We did not hear any noise until just before our late checkout on the monday afternoon. Most of the hotels we stayed in on our visit were in the process of renovations ( it is the slow season after all ) but some were upfront about it - and we did not stay with them, and others just "forgot" to tell the guest until arrival, and by then it was too late .....

Our stay in the Sofitel in Sopot was 10/10, the Warsaw one was 9/10 ( same rating as I would give St James in London ).

We will return to both the Poland Sofitels as they were very good, and we were treated well as Platinum. As I have said before it is worth the few € more than to stay in the other Accor properties in this town ( even without the breakfast - there are plenty of local restaurants offering a good breakfast at around 30 Plz in the old town - 3 mins walk - which was my original plan. )
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=Kobetraveller;30568837]
Originally Posted by hotel_user
It is a reference to this site.

This is interesting. I am constantly asked to write TripAdvisor reviews which I don't because I do not have an Account and don't really want to do so. But I have very little personal experience of hotel staff mentioning FT. I do know one GM from another hotel group who pays attention to it, and some GMs from that group respond occasionally to FT comments about their hotels . . . social media staff from that group actively monitor and respond/help when appropriate. My general impression though is that FT is not very well known to most hotel staff, including senior staff, and is not so influential due to its relatively narrow readership but I may be totally wrong. Will be very happy to stand corrected.
We have been asked by several of the hotels ( and individual staff asking for names to be mentioned - giving business cards to help the memory ) when we departed to do a Tripadvisor review - and we will - but never a FT review. I tend to post a cut down version of a review to TA. I feel IMHO that FT members of this subgroup need more details of good and bad points from people who have genuinely stayed with elite stats in the hotels. I base a lot of our traveling on reports posted here and have never had a "nasty" shock, unlike sometimes with other sites. We have stayed over 80 nights this year in hotels and you can tell a good one from a bad in a matter of seconds when checking in.

We are leisure travelers ( happily retired ex public sector ) and need hotels that have good customer relations not just a phone on the un manned counter. 99% of time we never even see or talk to a GM or GR manager.
Kobetraveller likes this.

Last edited by hotel_user; Dec 24, 2018 at 9:54 am Reason: added info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.