Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Bangkok hotel advice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by cowism
I would prefer Sofitel ambience than the Novotel. Seems very plain on the pictures especially the suites.
I don't think there's any question the Sofitel is a higher quality hotel and thus, more desirable. Rather, the question is whether the price premium for the Sofitel is worth it. That decision is subjective to a number of guest-specific factors, which we've been trying to communicate so that decisions are more informed.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:53 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I would prefer Sofitel ambience than the Novotel. Seems very plain on the pictures [...].
Yes, it does -- but the point of this thread is sharing information that we can't easily find on the web, giving those of us who haven't stayed at the properties being discussed a chance to base our decisions on more than just photographs.

I, too, would probably prefer the Sofitel. But the price difference on my dates is close to 100%. I figure that the Novotel meets my key criteria and even without a room upgrade will provide (at least) an adequate experience. Is the Sofitel likely to be so much better? Probably not -- although, of course, I could be wrong.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:03 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Hey, try the Novotel, then another one...

There are lots of great hotels here. That’s for sure!
Old May 5, 2018, 11:38 am

We are familly 2 + 2 (13 and 9) and will be spending 4 nights in BKK. I am silver, so no spc benefits

What hotel do you recomend? We have budget aroudn 120-150€ per night... kids would like to have pool.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:32 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Grega Spendov
We are familly 2 + 2 (13 and 9) and will be spending 4 nights in BKK. I am silver, so no spc benefits

What hotel do you recomend? We have budget aroudn 120-150€ per night... kids would like to have pool.
If you're there for shopping and sights, I'd suggest the Novotel Siam. The Novotel have a promo of 2nd room at 50% off. That may even suit the budget.

Hotel is well located and very close to a BTS station.
Grega Spendov likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Novotel Pleonchit or Platinum may also be fine
Old May 5, 2018, 10:06 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Novotel Pleonchit or Platinum may also be fine
Ploenchit is fine (though I think for kids Siam has more to offer within walking distance.

Platinum is bad for traffic and no BTS. Though its fun to grab the ferry at the rear of the hotel.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Novotel Platinum is great for Shopping clothes with Platinum Pratunam, Pratunam market and the boat on the saen saep channel to Bobae market
but as said traffic is bad and no sky train or subway station in the area
Novotel Ploenchit not much in the area except the high end Central Embassy shopping mall and the lower Sukhumvit entertainment area in walking distance. but sky train station just in front. pool small
Novotel Siam not so far from sky train Station and close to Siam Paragon, Siam Center shopping malls and MBK
gilbertaue and Grega Spendov like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:15 am

I tried to book Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20 and price for 4 of us (with 50% discount on second room for kids) is app 490€. Then I checked at booking.com and price is 512. same room, no breakfast..

I just don't get it.... and now site is not working
Old May 10, 2018, 3:01 am

I tried to book Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20 and price for 4 of us (with 50% discount on second room for kids) is app 490€. Then I checked at booking.com and price is 512. same room, no breakfast..
I just don't get it.... and now site is not working
yes booking com is sometimes very close or even the same as you get on Accor site; even with a so called "promotion" on the Accor site.
but on Accor you get member Points
Accor "promotions" is a totally different topic. often the price is not lower at all...
Old May 19, 2018, 5:31 am

Any experience with Mercure Bangkok Siam? it's almost half of the price of Novotel on Siam....
Old May 21, 2018, 2:01 am

not with the Mercure in Siam but with other Mercure in Thailand.
Price is usually about half of a Novotel and rooms and services probably around 60-70% of the Novotel
Old May 21, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Being nit-picky here, but it's a 3-minute walk to Nana and 5-minute walk to Asoke BTS. Yes, some hotels are closer (like the SGS) but what's a 3-minute walk unless one is handicapped?
I think the issue is not the walking distance, but it is indeed Bangkok and now should be very hot. I was in Bangkok last month and I cannot even stand to do 1 min walking due to heat!!!
Old May 21, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Any experience with Mercure Bangkok Siam? it's almost half of the price of Novotel on Siam....
I never stay in both properties. But my friend stayed in Mercure Siam and I saw the pictures.

Mercure Siam room is smaller compare to Novotel, but Mercure Siam is a new hotel while Novotel was refurbished hotel. I heard the ceiling is quite low.

Also the other is the location. Novotel is inside the Siam Square while Mecure is across MBK. I think (I never really measure it), Mecure Siam is closer to National Stadium BTS compare to Novotel Siam to Siam BTS
Old May 22, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I haven't stayed at either Novotel or Mercure Siam, but I like the look of Mercure Siam and have always considered staying there when I just need somewhere to sleep. While not directly at Siam Square (like lingua101 said, just off National Stadium BTS), I find the location to be very good. MBK mall across the street is quite handy. Whereas Novotel Siam's exterior doesn't look at all convincing, and when I wandered around the lobby I just didn't like it. It doesn't look like it's worth the price premium vs other Accor Bangkok choices. Novotel Ploenchit is cheaper and much better choice than Novotel SIam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.