FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Is purchasing Mybed worth it? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1878159-purchasing-mybed-worth.html)

tris06 Nov 18, 2017 1:17 am

Is purchasing Mybed worth it?

I have just noticed they have a 40% discount on Mybed bedding. How would you rate this bedding compared to other similar priced options (2000-3000USD all included)?

When we next time we stay at a Sofitel (if we decided by then to purchase it)we will try out the different types of pillows to see which one we like and ask questions to management.

starflyergold Nov 19, 2017 2:19 am

I toyed with that Idea for a long time. It's not cheap but I have to admit that I love the Sofitel bed every time I sleep in one. Is it worth it? Well high end bedding does not come cheap, no matter where you buy.

tris06 Nov 19, 2017 2:54 am

Well we are considering to buy just the pillows and sheets first off as a tester before going for the full set bed.

FlytheTail Nov 19, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 29076836)
I toyed with that Idea for a long time. It's not cheap but I have to admit that I love the Sofitel bed every time I sleep in one.

Me too. I like it more than the Westin or Hilton beds; it's more comfortable and has a greater luxe feeling. With the current sale, I would pull the trigger, except I'll be moving soon and don't know whether I'll want a queen or king bed. If/when I make the purchase, I'll get the total package.

wkndtraveler Nov 19, 2017 9:42 am

I have MyBed at my home and can highly recommend to purchase one. It's as good as in Sofitel and makes my home feel like Sofitel and when I'm in Sofitel I feel I'm at home. :) I have had the bed for six years now and it's still excellent as it should be, taking into account the price.

tris06 Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler (Post 29077746)
I have MyBed at my home and can highly recommend to purchase one. It's as good as in Sofitel and makes my home feel like Sofitel and when I'm in Sofitel I feel I'm at home. :) I have had the bed for six years now and it's still excellent as it should be, taking into account the price.

Did you order just the full set or also extra sheets and pillow cases? Also what type of pillow did you go for? I have a feeling the best pillow is with the feathers?
And last, was washing an issue?

Yes i see the 10 year manufacture warranty. If I can get 10 plus years of premium quality sleep out of the bed then I think i will go and get it. It was a bit above my budget but now its a bit cheaper i am more keen.

cowism Nov 19, 2017 6:24 pm

U have to try it for yourself. I found the pillow too soft for my liking

wkndtraveler Nov 20, 2017 1:38 am

Originally Posted by tris06 (Post 29079275)
Did you order just the full set or also extra sheets and pillow cases? Also what type of pillow did you go for? I have a feeling the best pillow is with the feathers?
And last, was washing an issue?

Yes i see the 10 year manufacture warranty. If I can get 10 plus years of premium quality sleep out of the bed then I think i will go and get it. It was a bit above my budget but now its a bit cheaper i am more keen.

I ordered bed base, mattress, and featherbed. You should try different pillows before you decide which one to buy. You can try some pillows in Sofitel using the pillow menu or you can go to a department store closest to you and ask personal assistance.

tris06 Nov 25, 2017 6:43 am

We ordered everything but the base and mattress. It arrived today and my wife is not overly satisfied with the result before using it. I have to admit once we put down the feather bed with protector and then a flat sheet on top its not perfectly smooth. Is this just because we need to sort out the feathered bed so the contents is more evenly spaced or is it essential that we purchase the fitted sheet to make it more smooth looking?

We went with the flat sheet as the dimension of the bed is slightly smaller than the 180x200 cm size but I dread buying a smaller 150x200 cm bedding as we do plan to just stay in this current bed for around 1 year longer. Then we will move into a new apartment that we will be decorating and furnishing. Which we will buy the base+ mattress from So Boutique for the bedrooms.

So the question is will have a bigger feather-bed which just overlaps the sides of the mattress lower the quality of the product? My wife thinks so and I am not convinced.

Also can you iron the linen (so we can eliminate all creases ,and what is the best setting to use?)?

MikeBOS May 28, 2018 1:07 pm

I bought the Sofitel bed and featherbed (US version) from soboutique.com. I am happy with it so far, though it appears that it is being marked up considerably vs. buying the same mattress elsewhere. The mattress, for those who would rather save the money, is the Serta Perfect Sleeper Royal Suite Supreme II. You can buy 2 mattress and boxspring sets at Sams Club online for the same price soboutique charges, plus Sams Club offers free delivery (same service as soboutique it appears). Buying 2 mattresses is not particularly convenient for most people, so this is not a great alternative, but I thought for those who were interested I'd point it out.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/serta-...rod10840074.ip

FGunawan May 28, 2018 2:50 pm

Only US$2000-3000? That's actually quite cheap.
I wouldn't bother though, got my mind more on a Mandarin Oriental bedding :)