FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Help needed spending points - how! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1860808-help-needed-spending-points-how.html)

littlefish Aug 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Help needed spending points - how!

I get stuck every time I try to spend Accor points, so tend to default back to Hilton. This time I really would prefer to book the accor property.

I have plenty of points (the required amount for my stay is 14,000).
I choose the 'I want to spend points filter' at the start.
I hit the BOOK button after choosing the hotel in the booking engine and it shows a choice of 295 Euro or 14,000 points + 15 euro. Fine.
But I can't work out how to select the points option ... :confused:

The only way forward seems to be to hit the "CONFIRMATION" button, but I'm not so sure I want to hit that! Hence this post.

Anyone know if I'm safe to hit the "CONFIRMATION" button ... and then am able to pick spend 14,000 points + 15 afterwards?
I do not want to spend 295 cash!

cwl Aug 14, 2017 1:00 am

After selecting room type, rate and selecting "Book" the next page should be headed "Your contact details" with a "Confirm" button at the bottom. You shouldn't have added your card details at this stage.

You're safe to hit this "Confirm" button. This takes you to another page headed "You have xxxxx Reward points". Here your should be able to select how many points you wish to use. As you select more points the amount showing to pay should decrease. You should then be able to add your card information below with a final "Confirm" button at the bottom. It's this screen that creates the final booking.

Sometimes the interface can vary slightly for bookings in different regions.

As long as you haven't entered your card details you are not at the final binding confirmation stage. Even if you have a card saved to your profile it should still offer you the chance to use a different card.

If you've got to the stage where your card details have been entered and you are still not being offered reward spend either there is a technical issue with the website or you may have selected a rate which isn't eligible for reward spend.

If in doubt you can also use rewards booking with Accor on their central reservation number.

littlefish Aug 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Many thanks.
Yes - I have a card saved to my profile so was not brave enough to hit confirm before!
Anyway, I did as suggested above and ... hey presto ... a slider appeared on the next screen to spend the points.
The only way I could find to name the guests was in the 'message to hotel' bit; but all finally worked and M Gallery it is!

Thanks again cwl.