Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:00 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
- Hotel: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Welcome gift: Booked 2 rooms, so both rooms had Welcome Amenity.
- NOTE: During my previous trip, I feedback to the DOR about the Welcome Amenity and she sent up a new one asking for my opinion, I said it was good and she said she will consider implementing it, which she did. This time, she said she wanted to test 2 new amenities and ask for my opinion, thus the very generous gift of 2 amenities. I do not know however if they will be implemented but if they do, I guess it a BIG plus for us!

1st Amenity: Dessert Pizza and Fruits
Feedback: Nice but it is slightly too sweet for my tooth, might not cater to everyone's taste but it was very unique to get that as a amenity. As least the Fruits gave it a balance else it'll be too sweet.

2nd Amenity: French Biscuit with some Chocolates, Macrons and tubes of flavored Chocs, Strawberry and Vanilla
Feedback: Personally I prefer this one as it isn't too heavy like the Pizza, not too sweet as you can choose to eat the biscuit by itself.

I chose the 2nd Amenity in the end as my recommendation to the DOR.
Attached Images   
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:33 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
- NOTE: During my previous trip, I feedback to the DOR about the Welcome Amenity and she sent up a new one asking for my opinion, I said it was good and she said she will consider implementing it, which she did. This time, she said she wanted to test 2 new amenities and ask for my opinion, thus the very generous gift of 2 amenities. I do not know however if they will be implemented but if they do, I guess it a BIG plus for us!

Feedback: Nice but it is slightly too sweet for my tooth, might not cater to everyone's taste but it was very unique to get that as a amenity. As least the Fruits gave it a balance else it'll be too sweet.

2nd Amenity: French Biscuit with some Chocolates, Macrons and tubes of flavored Chocs, Strawberry and Vanilla
Feedback: Personally I prefer this one as it isn't too heavy like the Pizza, not too sweet as you can choose to eat the biscuit by itself.

Agree, the 2nd certainly is a better idea. What properties also need to realise is that in this day and age, a lot needs to be "instagram worthy". And the second one does that.
Who would really want to show the pizza??

Certainly a nice step.

I'm in a suite at The Park Lane HK at the moment and what I got was a bowl of fruits. I think properties need to start thinking out of the box a bit.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:06 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Agree, the 2nd certainly is a better idea. What properties also need to realise is that in this day and age, a lot needs to be "instagram worthy". And the second one does that.
Who would really want to show the pizza??

Certainly a nice step.

I'm in a suite at The Park Lane HK at the moment and what I got was a bowl of fruits. I think properties need to start thinking out of the box a bit.
Agreed, it's free advertising for the hotel if they put their name in the amenity. Such as the one above. 3 big Sofitel words is just free publicity and a happy guest.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
In my opinion both options looks unappealing. Where are you supposed to squeeze those tubes? Straight to your mouth? Yuck. And that pizza... I almost got sugar rush after seeing the photo. I would be happy with a bottle of wine and some cheese or macarons kind of welcome treat.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:52 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
In my opinion both options looks unappealing. Where are you supposed to squeeze those tubes? Straight to your mouth? Yuck. And that pizza... I almost got sugar rush after seeing the photo. I would be happy with a bottle of wine and some cheese or macarons kind of welcome treat.
The biscuit is on the wooden plate, it camouflages with the plate as it's almost similar in colour. Also, it was actually pretty good to be honest. But of course, to each it's own
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I would prefer the second one. But i always welcome some chocolates, macarons, welcome note and a bottle of wine or sparkling wine

most importantly, i think good properties show they are sincere (ie: remembering preferences and proactive genuine room upgrades)
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Talking

If the pizza were the savoury type, it's most welcome but then it would be weird as a welcome amenity.

But top marks for efforts, i thought the color palette presentation was creative. I always welcome a big fruit bowl, and if the fruits are not manageable, I will send them to the kitchen to be cut up in a nice platter. e.g. I once received a whole pineapple at a rival chain.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:35 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by cowism
I would prefer the second one. But i always welcome some chocolates, macarons, welcome note and a bottle of wine or sparkling wine
Who would't. Well to be very honest (Not trying to defend the hotel here but understanding their point of reasoning), I actually asked the DOR why they do not offer a Bottle of wine like their sister properties and reasoned that MANY Platnium member world appreciate that alot.

However, she mentioned that if the Hotel does offer a bottle of wine, what kind of wine will they be offering to Platinum Guest? A affordable table wine perhaps? Will the guest enjoy a bottle of table quality wine? (typed it out in my own words of the conversation)

As wines in Bangkok are not per say low-cost and I do agree with her on that point. So I told her I understand but indeed hinted again that a bottle of wine and some macrons/chocolates would be good enough for many of us.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Who would't. Well to be very honest (Not trying to defend the hotel here but understanding their point of reasoning), I actually asked the DOR why they do not offer a Bottle of wine like their sister properties and reasoned that MANY Platnium member world appreciate that alot.

However, she mentioned that if the Hotel does offer a bottle of wine, what kind of wine will they be offering to Platinum Guest? A affordable table wine perhaps? Will the guest enjoy a bottle of table quality wine? (typed it out in my own words of the conversation)

As wines in Bangkok are not per say low-cost and I do agree with her on that point. So I told her I understand but indeed hinted again that a bottle of wine and some macrons/chocolates would be good enough for many of us.
ok i agree i frankly like Sofitel BKK macarons. As mentioned, it's the thought that counts. For example, although Mercure Sapppro only offered some nice Royce milk chocolates and sparkling water, benefits were proactively given, that's very much what I would expect. Just don't give it grudgingly.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:40 am

To add, expect this treatment in SEA especially Accorhotels in Thailand only. Never receive or get acknowledge anywhere else except Bahrain as a "true' Platinum member by actual stay. Worst being in Paris where Accor home is.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
- Welcome gift: Selection of fruits, a box of macarons and a delicacy platter (I was satisfied)

Picture from 6/2017
We got the same. Plus...

I got a bathrobe with my name embroidered. Best gift I've ever received from a hotel
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:04 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
We got the same. Plus...

I got a bathrobe with my name embroidered. Best gift I've ever received from a hotel
Ah yes, forgot to mention, since I was staying over LeClub AccorHotels Day which is on the 28th of August, the hotel gave all Platinum members an embroidered bathrobe as a gift. I'll agree, best gift I ever gotten so far!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Hotel: Novotel Centrum Wroclaw
Gift: hand written welcome, Haribo teddy Bears, Peanuts, Chocolates, Box Hotel Cookies and Apple Juice
Attached Images  
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
WTB .. What The Bathrobe!

Originally Posted by fppmongo
This thread seems redundant as the info the OP is looking for is provided ITT (cf. question: "What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?")
This was my 1st thought, but then I realized after writing a hotel review that there'd be too many pics if we were to add the welcome amenities & drink into the review, or even in the elite experiences 2017 thread. I've not yet seen someone post pics on the thread but perhaps I wasn't really looking in detail.

Ah yes, forgot to mention, since I was staying over LeClub AccorHotels Day which is on the 28th of August, the hotel gave all Platinum members an embroidered bathrobe as a gift. I'll agree, best gift I ever gotten so far!
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
My 2nd thought was members using other members' pics to compare what they were not getting & then putting pressure on the hotel to provide the same. The ugly green eyed monster stirred in me for sure, when I didn't get an embroidered bathrobe from the Sofitel KL! *Grrr*

Just kidding -- (maybe) .. I'll post my pics later

p/s Which hotel were u guys at? Can we see a pic, please?
It was definitely a really nice gift ..
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Hotel Name: Sofitel KL Damansara
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.