Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:55 pm

About Club Millesime, Sofitel Damansara Kuala Lumpur

Originally Posted by jiunsoh

last few days hotel was running full occupancy, this was the first time i saw their lounge crowded with guest, almost cant find place to sit, and food being emptied within minutes.
I just heard about new policies starting today which may be related to your comment above:

Starting today:

1. No Gold members will have access to the Club at any time during the day
2. No children under 12 (including babies) will have access to the Club at any time during the day
3. A stricter dress code will be imposed in writing (smart casual I presume) . . . apparently there have been guests entering the Lounge in slippers and shorts

The Lounge does not have a huge amount of seating so all of this makes sense to me, especially during peak seasons like the one you experienced.
gilbertaue and Goldorak like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Didn't take a picture but at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, and as mentioned above, I received a small basket with three bite-size chocolates and another small basket with about 8 small (marble sized) marzipan candies along with a hand-written note from the GM. Quite underwhelming and surprisingly, no fruit was provided.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
About Club Millesime, Sofitel Damansara Kuala Lumpur

I just heard about new policies starting today which may be related to your comment above:

Starting today:

1. No Gold members will have access to the Club at any time during the day
2. No children under 12 (including babies) will have access to the Club at any time during the day
3. A stricter dress code will be imposed in writing (smart casual I presume) . . . apparently there have been guests entering the Lounge in slippers and shorts

The Lounge does not have a huge amount of seating so all of this makes sense to me, especially during peak seasons like the one you experienced.

I agree with 2 of the 3 conditions. 2nd condition is a very bad idea. It reminds me of Hong Kong Pullman policy. When you either paid for the lounge with the room you booked or you earnt it by getting plat membership (sometimes both in my case apply at 1 stay) I will be very angry to not be given access at any time of the day. Gold members is okay because they recieved this as a bonus above the usual Accor benefits. Also it is easy to correct what you are wearing. But you can't throw children away or leave them in the room. At the end of the day if the lounge is too busy they should reduce the number of club rooms as they underestimated how often people would use the lounge.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by tris06
I agree with 2 of the 3 conditions. 2nd condition is a very bad idea. It reminds me of Hong Kong Pullman policy. When you either paid for the lounge with the room you booked or you earnt it by getting plat membership (sometimes both in my case apply at 1 stay) I will be very angry to not be given access at any time of the day. Gold members is okay because they recieved this as a bonus above the usual Accor benefits. Also it is easy to correct what you are wearing. But you can't throw children away or leave them in the room. At the end of the day if the lounge is too busy they should reduce the number of club rooms as they underestimated how often people would use the lounge.
agree, the child policy will turn me away.
some of the hotel lounge only restrict child during happy hour, this i still can still tolerate, but if they decided to go with whole day no kids policy then might not be family friendly.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:35 pm

I will keep my eyes open and report on whether the kids policy is enforced or the extent to which it is enforced.

Come to think of it I saw a little child at breakfast time who was under 12.

Please give me a few days to see what actually happens.

Low occupancy at the moment and school holidays ended yesterday here but I will pay attention over the weekend.

The Club Manager is off today but I will double check the policy with her tomorrow.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:32 am

Apologies to everyone ....

i just spoke to a more more senior Club Millesime staff member in Sofitel Damansara and was told the following:

The policy about no longer allowing Gold members access to the Lounge is correct but the starting date has not been confirmed according to this person.

The new policy about appropriate clothing is also confirmed but will not be enforced until new Welcome Letters and/or signage at Club entrance are ready.

The controversial one ..... the policy on children is still under discussion.

There are three little kids in the Lounge as I type this.

The Hotel Manager will be back next week and I think she will be the best person to ask about this topic as to when or if it will actually take place, and with what actual restrictions.

My original post was premature.

One more Lounge related issue: The ashtrays have been removed from the small open area just outside the Lounge and that area has been designated a no-smoking area as of now, following the Malaysian Government directive which came into effect yesterday, I think.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Jan 2, 2019 at 12:51 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:48 am

Apologies to everyone ....

i just spoke to a more more senior Club Millesime staff member in Sofitel Damansara and was told the following:

The policy about no longer allowing Gold members access to the Lounge is correct but the starting date has not been confirmed according to this person.

The new policy about appropriate clothing is also confirmed but will not be enforced until new Welcome Letters and/or signage at Club entrance are ready.

The controversial one ..... the policy on children is still under discussion.

There are three little kids in the Lounge as I type this.

The Hotel Manager will be back next week and I think she will be the best person to ask about this topic as to when or if it will actually take place, and with what actual restrictions.

My original post was premature.

One more Lounge related issue: The ashtrays have been removed from the small open area just outside the Lounge and that area has been designated a no-smoking area as of now, following the Malaysian Government directive which came into effect yesterday, I think.
thank you for all the updates. how long will you be staying?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:08 am

One month. Will keep my eyes open for actual implementation of any of these three policies.

By the way, on the children issue .... I just noticed a GM response from nearby Pullman Bangsar on TripAdvisor stating that children under 12 are not allowed into the Club Lounge there during Cocktail hours due to alcohol being served.

I will be there next month and will look to see if that is really the case.

On my previous visits that Lounge has always been very empty at peak times but no doubt very busy at other times.

tris06 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:15 am

One month. Will keep my eyes open for actual implementation of any of these three policies.

By the way, on the children issue .... I just noticed a GM response from nearby Pullman Bangsar on TripAdvisor stating that children under 12 are not allowed into the Club Lounge there during Cocktail hours due to alcohol being served.

I will be there next month and will look to see if that is really the case.

On my previous visits that Lounge has always been very empty at peak times but no doubt very busy at other times.

actually pullman bangsar is treating us very good, they let us bring baby to use the private room at the corner of the lounge.
tris06, Kobetraveller and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:32 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Pullman G, Bangkok

Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
By the way, on the children issue .... I just noticed a GM response from nearby Pullman Bangsar on TripAdvisor stating that children under 12 are not allowed into the Club Lounge there during Cocktail hours due to alcohol being served
I can confirm this, no child policy for cocktail hour, we could not even book the meeting room (executive meeting, very important to negotiate Xmas presents with my 5yo son) for two hours (so that we could attend together) my child is executive lounge educated, I appreciate that children can be a distraction, and an exception for one means exception for all, however their meeting room is separated and enclosed, I personally could not see the harm. Further, the lounge was not busy and included two children 12+ that were more vocal than my son!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2
I can confirm this, no child policy for cocktail hour, we could not even book the meeting room (executive meeting, very important to negotiate Xmas presents with my 5yo son) for two hours (so that we could attend together) my child is executive lounge educated, I appreciate that children can be a distraction, and an exception for one means exception for all, however their meeting room is separated and enclosed, I personally could not see the harm. Further, the lounge was not busy and included two children 12+ that were more vocal than my son!
Even during happy hours they should allow children but reserve family friendly zones away from where the alcohol is served. Also if they can't do this they should offer free room service to deliver food and drinks (within the happy hour) so the family can still enjoy their stay.

I am happy our upcoming stay at the Macau Sofitel I think does not have this policy.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
Even during happy hours they should allow children but reserve family friendly zones away from where the alcohol is served. Also if they can't do this they should offer free room service to deliver food and drinks (within the happy hour) so the family can still enjoy their stay.

I am happy our upcoming stay at the Macau Sofitel I think does not have this policy.
Agree. Seems so bad to exclude children...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Mercure Hyde Park London.

Zippo, nada, nothing. No upgrade either...but it is over the New Year period.

Platinum member.

tris06 and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
Mercure Hyde Park London.

Zippo, nada, nothing. No upgrade either...but it is over the New Year period.

Platinum member.

A property to avoid.
tris06, BSBtraveller and Dav77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.