Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Originally Posted by rangerss75
Does anyone know if two is the norm for the Sofitel brand?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...1&postcount=55
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rangerss75
Does anyone know if two is the norm for the Sofitel brand?
No, it's not the norm !
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Mercure Riga Center

No amenity this time (earlier they've usually given a small bottle of Balsam). But they did upgrade me to a junior suite.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar

Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Always nice Platinum welcome at the best Accor property in Milan - MGallery La Gare

upgrade from Standard to Deluxe room at high floor and some chocolate + (very) small plumcake

really nice hotel, considering the price not so expensive (140€/night excluding breakfast)

Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
Platinum
They forgot the welcome amenity. In the end, they gave 1000 rewards points...
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:40 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Dav77
Always nice Platinum welcome at the best Accor property in Milan - MGallery La Gare
No apple? I hope you demanded some compensation.
tris06 and Dav77 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
No apple? I hope you demanded some compensation.
😂 not yet, but many thanks for your idea ....effectively I could have a psychological trauma if they try to destabilize me ...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:19 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Frankfurt: 2 macaroons, not exactly overwhelming.

Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:04 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Sofitel Frankfurt: 2 macaroons, not exactly overwhelming.
Come now. Not just macaroons: parsley, chive and sorrel macaroons!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:24 am

Hotel ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai
Status Silver
​​​​​Welcome amenities 2 big chocolate chip cookies

Last edited by tonoz; Dec 19, 2018 at 1:45 am
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:45 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
This stuff was waiting for me today at... home. Together with platinum card. Neither champagne nor chocolate this time, not to mention apple. In my opinion, the welcome amenity could have been a little more unisex.

Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:24 pm

Hotel: Swissotel The Stamford (Singapore) (Club Lounge closed for renovation until sometime in January hence the current Welcome Amenity and benefits)
Vip Treatment: Booked cheapest room with APAC discount and 2,000 points and upgraded to larger room on 55th floor with stunning view of Marina Bay. Benefits will no doubt change when Club Lounge reopens. Welcome drink voucher, and 10 am early check in given the day before. Bottle of red wine and chocolates in room. $50 voucher for use between 6-8 pm in Lobby restaurant in place of closed Club Lounge.
Reaction: First time in a Swissotel. A stunning property connected to a swanky shopping mall and the Fairmont. A normal Lounge on the 70th Floor. About 8 ~10 self check in machines in lobby with staff there to help. Very high tech building. About 900 rooms, I think, with two sets of elevators for lower and higher floors respectively. The Singapore $50 F&B voucher was quite enough for a decent meal and drink but guests who like to eat and drink a lot would be much better off waiting for the Club Lounge to reopen. Excellent service from all staff.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Dec 22, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:47 pm

Hotel: Swissotel Merchant Court (Singapore) (Club Lounge operational)
Vip Treatment: Booked cheapest room with APAC discount and 2,000 points and upgraded to larger room on Club Lounge Floor (11th Floor) with view of Clarke Quay. Welcome drink voucher, and 9 am early check in given the day before.
Reaction: The second Swissotel in Singapore. None of the high tech features of The Stamford but a wonderful staff and very adequate Club Lounge.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:20 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:22 am

Hotel: So Sofitel Singapore (No Club Lounge)
Vip Treatment: Booked three Stays with cheapest room (So Cozy) with APAC discount and 2,000 points and upgraded to So Urban once and So Studio twice. Extremely stylish, attractive rooms and hotel. Only 5 or 6 floors from memory. Welcome drink voucher and 10 am early check ins given for each Stay. Welcome Amenity was either fruit and chocolate, or fruit or chocolate. Free mini bar and free drawer with small snacks.
Reaction: First time in a So Sofitel. Very distinctive and artistic design with iPhone and iPad. Breakfast buffet not huge but high quality. Excellent staff in FO and restaurant. Concierge staff made mistakes . . . extremely courteous but did not seem very well organized. Initially very disappointed when Concierge failed to organize a requested Airport transfer which led to some frustration and time wasting at the airport. Thanks to ready availability of a brand of taxis with credit card machines was able to get to the hotel without having prepared Singapore dollars. Had called the hotel using airport wifi to find out what was going on so they were expecting me. I was very impressed with the welcoming attitude of front desk who immediately refunded my taxi fare from airport although I did not request it. Interesting Mango juice Welcome drink at check in provided in a test tube, separate from the normal Welcome drink. No particular view from rooms.

End of Singapore tour.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Dec 22, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.