Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Mercure Andorra Hotel : Not for the faint hearted.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE

Mercure Andorra Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

Mercure Andorra Hotel

Carrer de la Roda s n  AD500 Andorra la Vella Andorra, AD

Mercure Andorra Hotel : Not for the faint hearted. (11 Photos)

Mercure Andorra Hotel

outside two.JPG

This is the second time we have staed at this property. The first was after we requested a hotel move from the Novotel ( same compnay franchies - next door ) due to a broken bed and no other rooms avalible. We were at that time not given any status recognition or vip treatment as "its a differnet hotel to that you have booked so we can not do it" despite having to moev us as the Novotel room had a broken bed and would not be fixed.

outside one.JPG

Our whole reason to book the hotel was to visit Cirque du Soleil, that was in Andorra ( and just accrross the road ). We booked a few moinths previoulsy for two people ( web site defults to one person at about 35€ cheaper than for two people )

outside.JPG

We drove up from BCN and had e mailed the hotel to remind them of the Platinum status and request early checkin and late check out, and a room upgrade - hotel not full as we checked.

Our frends who were with us ( they have similar Accor status ) chose not to stay at the Mecure, but at another hotel. They had warned us. We should have listened.

car park (shared ).JPG

The first problem was that the car would not have fitted into the hotel car park. We had to que at the public car park accross the street for a place. 

We went to reception, and asked for an early checkin ( by around an hour ) and was told that this was not avalible. We then requested a late check out - again not avalible - we had to be gone by twelve am, or we would disturb other guests arrival.

The room that was allocated initaily was one of the worst I have ever been offered in a 4 star hotel. Very small, very close to lift, no working air con, one power socket ( away from desk ) and dirty floor, old tyred mataress and peeling paper. The room was howver as clean as it could have been. The lady at reception did offer towling robes and slippers so we could use the pool and spa factilites.

I re checked the avalibility of the rooms and found that there were many unsold suites. I also found lipstick on the bathrobe. Went back to reception and asked for a room change due to the bedding. Was told hotel full. Showed hotel was not full on the Accor web site - was told that the web site was not a true state of booking - showed them rooms avalible on theire own website, and after a long telephone conversation a "manager" was summoned.

We were then told that as we had booked a superior room,. this was all that was offered. We could be upgraded to a superior matromonila room - I asked to be shown the room, it was a lot better, with a much better bed. We moved rooms.

bathroom.JPG

room two.JPG

room.JPG

There was a selection of Nespresso capsules and a well stocked mini bar. However the sign next to the machine was confusing, asking at reception was told - firstly that it was all free - when checked as there seemed to be a communications issue with a second receptionist later - it was all to be paid for - despite status - and then finaly with the "manager" that it was just the water that was free - coffee was charged.

not free.JPG

charge.JPG

Still the view from the room was nice :(

window view one.JPG

and

window view two.JPG

The hotel has a Spa and pool area. 

We did not stay long in the area, as it was unsupervised, and children were dive bombing into the pool on top of swimmers and running around. No one seemed to take notice of the showers before use, and despite having two large chaging rooms and towels provided, they were seldom used as it was "more convenient" to change in the pool area, or just to walk in off the sun terrace and dive into the pool.

All in all we managed to stay exactly one full day at the hotel - including the 1 hour we were given as a late check out.

Did not try the dining as it was a buffett dinner that was 24€ each and clashed with the Cirque du Soleil timings.

Drinks voucher given without request, redemed at the Novotel as the Mecure did not have a working bar ( there were several but closed ).

Website states that there are smoking rooms, but hotel is 100% non smoking - no problem for us - but just another inconvienue if you smoke.

Location for hotel is good.

Would have been a better experiance if people just smiled and were more freindly than confrontational.

Good. Center of town.

Service

A friendly smile would have gone a long way to help.

Would you like to write a review on the Mercure Andorra Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:29 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Sorry if some of the spelling is wrong. Fault exists betweekn keyboard and chair on that one.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:06 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune at the Mercure Andorra Hotel.
I have raised the issue to the Global teams who also find the hotel behavior regrettable as this is not in line with AccorHotels Group's quality standards.

They have asked for some details and explanations to the Client Services, who are the ones that can get in touch with the hotel directly. I also invite you to do the same, as the Client Services will be the ones able to give you more details on the procedure to follow and on the status of the conversation.

I hope that your further stays will be more enjoyable.

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:49 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune at the Mercure Andorra Hotel.
I have raised the issue to the Global teams who also find the hotel behavior regrettable as this is not in line with AccorHotels Group's quality standards.

They have asked for some details and explanations to the Client Services, who are the ones that can get in touch with the hotel directly. I also invite you to do the same, as the Client Services will be the ones able to give you more details on the procedure to follow and on the status of the conversation.

I hope that your further stays will be more enjoyable.

Kind regards,
Amy
Hi Amy (AccorHotels Concierge),

I thought about this for a day - and just wanted to give my two cents to your above post.
hotel_user has posted here his feedback. I understand this is not an official Accorhotels platform, but for such poor service provide, with quite a bit of detail stated in the post of the guest, it should be up to the management of Accorhotels directly, or through you, to reach out to the guest for clarification and action.

I don't think Accorhotels should request from the guest to reach out through "Client Services" and re-state all points that are given here. Especially considering the Accorhotels FT thread is littered with comments on how poor the Accorhotels Customer "service" is when contacting through the general means of email or hotline.

Many of us appreciate what you (Amy and Accorhotels) do here on FT. The fact that you are on this platform is not a requirement. But what we are discussing here happens because we all know nothing will come out of it if we complain through the regular channels.

Until the regular channels of Accorhotels Customer Service/Client Services can prove to us that..

a) They reply within 24 hours
b) They reply to all BRGs
c) They address with feedback all compliments and complaints (not with a copy-paste response)
d) They don't come across as misinformed about their own properties/LCAH program

..I don't see how members can and should be expected to use the regular channels to address their concerns or questions.

Until that happens, we are stuck on FT, complaining about horrible properties such as the Mercure Andorra, or the Sofitel in Rome.

So here is my request to Accorhotels management: Stop investing and playing around with things that don't work and don't bring any value add (eg. Partner Hotels, OneFineStay etc).
Start fixing your customer service in the hotels and at your contact centers.

Treat your existing guests well.

The age-old "1st rule in Business" applies: It is much easier to lose a customer than to gain a new one.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:39 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I completely agree with gilbertaue post. I do not consider it good practice to ask the OP to contact Customer Services after such an experience, specially when it has the reputation of being not able to help customers.
Having a representative here of Accor is an asset, and one we love. I think Accor management needs to really use this asset as well to communicate directly with customers when such bad experiences happen.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: Accor platinum, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Club Carlson Gold Elite
I completely concur with gilbertaue's points.
Complaining through accor's regular channels is a complete waste of time unless you want an automated copy-paste response.

Perhaps accor as a business needs to focus on it's customer service channels before considering expanding any further. As a company in the hotel industry, customer service and satisfaction should be their first priority, which also means taking action when customers make complaints - these should not be seen as a pedantic grumblings of post-sale customers, but more as opportunities to try and improve standards from people who care enough to give non-generic feedback beyond meaningless post-stay satisfaction surveys. I'm afraid that until accor learns to address its customer base seriously, its public image will continue to deteriorate.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:26 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
I completely agree with Gilbertaue post too. I myself have tried to complain via Accor's regular channels and with the hotel itself but sometimes it doesn't work as its the usual "copy and paste" reply.

If Accor truly wants to compete with other hotel brands, they need to address the main purpose of their business, Customer Service! And if Accor can't even treat their Loyal Members well and understand their feedback, what makes members want to stay?.....Moreso, what makes first time customers want to stay again at Accor again if they experience that kind of treatment the first time they encountered Accor??

I think with the acquisition of John Paul, I expected better treatment with members and in particular, Gold and Platinum members so that they feel like they are being recognized and their feedback is taken into REAL account and not just thrown away.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I could not have said it any better than gilbertaue. It is a sign of failure asking customers, loyal ones at that, to go here and there and again and again explain complaints. Someone at Accor needs to take ownership of these complaints.

I have the feeling that Accor have so many balls in the air at the moment (partner hotels, onefinestay, new partners such as Rixos, Banyan Tree, 25hhotels etc etc, not to mention FRHI) that they have completely lost sight of what they really are or should be and what customers expect: a decent hotel provider that cares. No amount of "feel welcome' PR can make up for the fact that these examples (and we all have plenty of them) show (all too often in my view) we are not made feel welcome. Unfortunately it only takes some properties and some staff to ruin the entire experience.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I will add my voice here : no need to say that I share entirely the opinion expressed by gilbertaue and all other subsequent posters.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:41 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

We have shared your reviews on the Mercure Andorra Hotel with the global teams (bad reviews always are), and they understood how concerned you are and apologize for the issues you ran into in this hotel.

They have alerted the operational teams, to start an investigation on Mercure Andorra Hotel. So please know that this is been taken care of and that the subject is at the top of their minds.

However, if you are willing to get a more personalized advice/action, it will have to go through the official services, that are the only one who can access to your records (for the safety of your information). We have noted that sometimes the Client Services is not up to it in all situations. We apologize for it also, and the teams are currently striving to improve the quality of the services.

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This is the sort of thread on Flyertalk that I find highly interesting and could be used as a platform for improvements and restoring the brand image. My only experience of Accor in the last year was so bad that instead of what seemed like wasting time complaining, I swore never to stay at an Accor brand again. If they, in the hospitality industry, care so little for the customer experience, then they clearly don't need guests.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
This is the sort of thread on Flyertalk that I find highly interesting and could be used as a platform for improvements and restoring the brand image. My only experience of Accor in the last year was so bad that instead of what seemed like wasting time complaining, I swore never to stay at an Accor brand again. If they, in the hospitality industry, care so little for the customer experience, then they clearly don't need guests.
I am sorry for you that you had bad experiences at Accor up to the point you don't want to stay with them. Staying in many hotel brands outside Accor, I can tell you sincerely that bad hotels exist in every chains (I have stayed in horrible Starwood and Hilton properties this year and last year in the US). Accor has a very significant number of bad hotels, but I don't think more than other brands. But they have also a lot of superb and top notch properties. And that's for those that I like and am loyal to Accor. One thing Accor is clearly lagging behind other chains is the first line customer service, and also for the compliance with the loyalty program in some hotels. But you should give them another chance
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You're totally right, every chain has its disappointing and poor quality properties. I will, obviously, give Accor another chance, because if I want to keep my points alive I'll have to! Can you recommend anything in Milan?

One thing that annoyed me was the number of number of nights I spent in Accor hotels last year without getting a single point for them. Back to Andorra, are there any other options there if the Mercure is so bad?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Can you recommend anything in Milan?
Sorry, no. Never stayed with Accor in Milan. I hope other posters here can help you

One thing that annoyed me was the number of number of nights I spent in Accor hotels last year without getting a single point for them.
How is that possible ? Booked through 3rd parties ?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:40 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

The Novotel is next door - owned by same franchise - and we did not stay there last time we visited - we tried to stay there - but it is difficult to sleep in a broken bed.

We moved to the Mecure ( Novotel no other rooms were available ) - we were promised all nice things - but only got a standard room as we had not booked the Mecure (!) .... but could pay lots of euros for a proper room .... we declined. Did raise it with Accor ( three times in six months ).

They said when we booked again, we would have our Platinum benefits if we stayed at the Mercure .... how wrong we were to trust.

----------------------------------------

There are some very nice hotels out of town, depends on what you want - we gave them a second chance as the show was very close and we thought we could get parking at hotel and not the space gamble of a public park. Andorra does not seem to have enough parking places in the main towns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.