Wiki Posts
Search

New Platinum Package

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Something odd is going on in this thread. For once we see an improvement in the Accor Platinum treatment: A nice welcome pack, which is decidedly better than the poor letter with card we used to get. What do we do? We complain. "Only for half the year", "Why bother" etc. etc. Maybe that's why we can't have nice things.

I for one enjoyed the new pack and consider it a nice gesture which Accor obviously have decided should come early and can not wait until the renewal date.

We all know there are plenty of faults in Le Club, getting card mid-year with a free notebook is not one of them. Just my two cents...
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I really wish Accor rolled over excess nights. I did far in excess of 60 last year, but only 29 so far this year. looks like Gold for me!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Something odd is going on in this thread. For once we see an improvement in the Accor Platinum treatment: A nice welcome pack, which is decidedly better than the poor letter with card we used to get. What do we do? We complain. "Only for half the year", "Why bother" etc. etc. Maybe that's why we can't have nice things.

I for one enjoyed the new pack and consider it a nice gesture which Accor obviously have decided should come early and can not wait until the renewal date.

We all know there are plenty of faults in Le Club, getting card mid-year with a free notebook is not one of them. Just my two cents...
I don’t care that much whether the loyalty card comes inside an ordinary envelope along with a list of benefits or in a fancy cardboard box. I throw them both to trash can anyway.

The notebook was a nice surprise indeed but there is something wrong with the timing. For me the message is this: here is your new card that you soon can’t use any longer.

Those who will re-qualify need a new card again in the beginning of the year.

It's not my money but this extra mailing closer to end of the year has surely costed a lot and Accor has many areas where it needs to improve and to invest. More than a new looking card I wished that we would have been able to use the (current) card at FRHI hotels, too, like FRHI top-tier customers got their status matched in LCAH last year already.

What the top-tier members of LCAH got? A new card that expires after a few months. Why should I be satisfied?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold

What about those of us who haven't received this gift you are on about ? Once again inconsistancy at it's best from Accor !
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
You might still receive it. I received mine a couple of days back, and this discussion started in July.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
If you renewed A+, I don't think there is much to hope for. I recently renewed and got my new card a week ago. Same old design, same A+ welcome pack. No notebook.
Just received new A+ card this morning and likewise same old same old !!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:04 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
They are working on something for A+ members. But won't be so soon.
sycokid likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by tris06
Bringing that up it would be interesting to see what percentage of plat members are on track to renew for 2018.

Myself i am now on 60% (8500 points) points wise so I am borderline renewal but i think i will make it just a few days before the end of the year.

How about others? I wonder if we were to take a survey of all current FT plat members if this would give a reasonably accurate idea of how many will drop out.

I did think at the beginning of the year it would be a 60-70% drop.
I definitely won't make it. I got to Platinum last year because all those frequent accor bonus points offers counted. I shall just make Gold (7000+ points and I'll have 28 nights, unless nights as well as status points are given for 'card accepted' hotels (can't find out about this), in which case it'll be 33 nights.

I have had some great upgrades this year as a Platinum (though a fellow Gold traveller also got the same suite as me - but on a lower floor - at the wonderful Sofitel in Chicago) and keep hoping (given that there will be surely be many fewer Platinums next year) that I'll get a good many of them in 2018.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Already qualified for plat for 2018. Got seriously p*ssed off with Club Carlson silently removing the 2for1 and 4for2 perks so moved most of my stays to Accor instead. Will downgrade to gold with them with the roll-overs + early year stays.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Thumbs up I'm loving it...

Appreciate I'm very late on parade with this but I discovered my card and book a week or so ago, probably arrived sometime in the 4 weeks before that.
I for one am well chuffed with it, or at least my dad is because that's where it went.
My card is also Dec 2017, so I'm cheekily hoping for another pressie for pops sometime in Jan, having already re-qualified for next year?...

PS Sorry for anyone who hasn't had one - that inconsistency is NOT good.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:51 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
My 2018 card arrived in this mornings post.

Same packaging as for the 2017 card but the moleskin notebook has been replaced by a Barbara Rihl cloth drawstring pouch containing a dark blue passport and credit card wallet plus a Barbara Rihl branded notebook.

The enclosed letter signed by Senior VP Loyalty Le Club AccorHotels includes a reminder of 4 platinum benefits including "Guaranteed room availability up to 2 days before arrival" . Looking forward to hearing customer services overdue response to Goldorak's complaint re the guarantee not being honoured.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Sounds like a positive thing that each year they will mix up the gift packages on renewal. Also from the Sound of it l could definately use the pouch for my passport as unfortunately my frequent traveller passport gets well used.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:26 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cwl
Same packaging as for the 2017 card but the moleskin notebook has been replaced by a Barbara Rihl cloth drawstring pouch containing a dark blue passport and credit card wallet plus a Barbara Rihl branded notebook.
Thanks for the report -- I look forward to Accor post arriving in Texas.

In the meantime, for posterity (and FlyerTalkers still working towards Platinum status), feel free to post a picture!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:07 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,

Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:16 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Thank you kindly!

It actually looks as though it might be of sufficiently good quality to justify the postage, which tends not to be the case with the status card packages most airlines and hotel groups send out. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.