FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   New Platinum Package (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1855730-new-platinum-package.html)

happygolucky_nomad Sep 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by PabloM (Post 28814143)
Is there anyone who has A+ that has received this?

I am Accor Plus Plat. I did not receive anything.

I am still thinking whether to renew my Accor Plus in SIN end of this month (September). The price has increased ridiculously from S$ 268 when I first bought it many years ago to the current almost S$ 400.

Alternative could be to purchase in either Thailand where the Accor Plus package is cheaper. I don't really utilise the free night as I normally use it at the very last month prior to expiry all these years.

I already qualified for Plat as I'm currently on around 80 nights so far. Have another 5 nights coming up next week.

Goldorak Sep 14, 2017 11:44 pm

I am at 170% of Plat requalification (in points) and should finish the year at 200%, so everything is OK for me :)
Good luck to all of you guys !

fransknorge Sep 15, 2017 12:35 am

I will drop to Silver, having reach midway between Silver and Gold.
On the other hand, I renew Gold with Hilton.
Accor, make your own conclusions.

Castleford Tiger Sep 15, 2017 1:38 am

I will hit Gold this month and not make Plat this year. Last year I would have qualified with both points and nights. I have travelled about the same amount, but Accor's poor IT and CS have pushed me into the arms of Hilton and Marriott.

CT

nrouxel Sep 15, 2017 1:59 am

I've just received the platinum package.
I am 93% to platinium : should reach it next month (also Hilton diamond and Nordic Choice Club platinium)

cwl Sep 15, 2017 7:25 am

The process of sending out the new Platinum package has dragged on for approaching two months with most cards being issued with an expiry of 12/2017.

What does this say about how Accor will deal with re-issuing cards at the end of the year?

I've recently crossed 100% of Platinum re-qualification although my App e-card still shows expiry of Platinum at the end of 2017.

Are Accor going to commence reissuing cards to those already re-qualified before the year end?

Wait for everyone until 1st January and then take 2 months to send out new cards?

Is there a chance Accor are still waiting and hoping to do something to link Le Club and LRHI programmes for 2018?

All supposition on my part.

Any insights, rumours, wild guesses for year end game plan for Accor?

SkyteamEP Sep 15, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm 60% to plat (in points, far less in nights) and I have 3 to 6 nights planned till end of the year. I will probably not requalify.

perthite Sep 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP (Post 28821237)
I'm 60% to plat (in points, far less in nights) and I have 3 to 6 nights planned till end of the year. I will probably not requalify.

Long way between where I am and renewing Platinum as well. I currently predict I will be Gold next year.

perthite Sep 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by cwl (Post 28818727)
Is there a chance Accor are still waiting and hoping to do something to link Le Club and LCAH programmes for 2018?

I though Le Club and LCAH were the same thing?

tris06 Sep 16, 2017 12:27 am

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP (Post 28821237)

Well same position as myself. But I think I will get to 100% just.
I have 3 nights in London. And to be honest I was happy to stay at something like Savoy if it would of had counted to my status points. St James Sofitel , I while I don't mind paying good money I feel for the money you pay the value is not there.

2/3 nights in the Savoy would have got me almost all the way to plat from 60%/.

Then I have cheap stays mostly in Asia and again mostly in China which only earns 100-300 points each night. I don't travel much for work maybe 2 times per year so all the rest is for holidays or the odd weekend trip.

Christmas time I will travel in China instead of going back home in Australia. The question will be the 7/8 days of travel I plan to do be enough? Anyway will be interesting. Like someone else said I am looking if any real changes occur in 2018 otherwise gold will do me in 2019.

cwl Sep 16, 2017 4:10 am

Originally Posted by perthite (Post 28821333)
I though Le Club and LCAH were the same thing?

Friday evening brain freeze, meant to type FRHI (Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel).

ptownca Sep 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by cwl (Post 28822276)
Friday evening brain freeze, meant to type FRHI (Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel).

The gap in benefits between Fairmont PC Plat and Accor Plat is so wide, although status matched to LCAH, I doubt in I will ever endeavor to stay at any Accor property again.

gilbertaue Sep 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca (Post 28824478)
The gap in benefits between Fairmont PC Plat and Accor Plat is so wide, although status matched to LCAH, I doubt in I will ever endeavor to stay at any Accor property again.

That's ok.

generikz Sep 17, 2017 2:20 am

I will re-qualify for Platinum somewhere in November but it was a major step up from qualifying with points like before. 23 nights in Tokyo surely helped.

But now, since the extra points are not carried over and F&B spending do not bring additional points either like SPG, I have to slow down on Accor and divest since there is no more incentive to book after re-qualifying.

Isn't it a little counter-productive?

I'm betting on staying LCAH Plat one more year for possible synergies with Raffles/Fairmont/Swissotel but also trying to re-qualify SPG Gold (10 stays/25 nights) before they eventually drop it to stick to Marriott Gold requirements (50 nights!).

Julien

Goldorak Sep 17, 2017 2:36 am

Originally Posted by generikz (Post 28824815)
Isn't it a little counter-productive?

In a way, yes. But that's the case with plenty of programmes (airlines or hotels), unless they introduce a rollover system, which would be a nice new benefit in addition to the long-awaited Platinum-for-life status...;)