Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:00 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square

Accor Plus Platinum stay between 30>31MAY2017

The hotel was very busy as they were hosting a religious conference attended by Indonesia’s Minister of Religion, so I suspect my one-night stay was not their top priority. We booked a superior room with king bed and were upgraded to Superior Room on Premier Floor. The room didn’t face the pool as stated, however I was rarely in there to notice. It was a large room, of the older variety set well back in the complex, a little too far a walk for my liking, but it was clean and comfortable and perfect for one night.

The Executive Lounge was large and had very pleasant décor, it overlooked the pool, which no-one used, this was probably due to the mid-week conference which dominated the hotel. A good variety of hot and cold evening canapés with beer, wine or soft drink on offer. This was the second property I encountered on this trip that advised that if your room rate does not include breakfast, there is a charge if you take it in the Executive Lounge and again as they did not have any pork bacon and the seats/lounges were very soft and low, I opted for an outside breakfast.

As an Accor Plus Platinum I received a welcome letter outlining benefits which included 15% off food and beverage, 6pm late checkout, upgrade to Premier floor, access to Premier Lounge on the 8th floor, complimentary welcome fruit and two pieces of laundry per day (not used), and two drink vouchers redeemable for beer, wine or soft drink.

Value for money? YES, Jan 2017 ‘Private Members Sale – Room Only’ cost AUD$54
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
It's good that you enjoyed your stay there. Although elite treatment was delivered very nicely, there were too many cleanliness issues. Clearly it's not the case anymore from your report, so that's good news.

By the way, I also ran into some unpleasantness Sunday evening when they got busy with a wedding. I unwittingly took my car to go somewhere and when I came back I found their entire parking lot to be marked "for wedding guests only" - making me go back and forth trying to secure parking space.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
This is definitely one of the hotel with best platinum treatment in Jakarta, I booked the entry level room and almost always upgraded to Deluxe Suite on premier floor. I would recommend anyone without status to book at least premier floor since breakfast in the restaurant is like a zoo.

one thing I want to note is, most of the time my rate is room only, and never got charged for having breakfast in the lounge, they inform me that I can have breakfast in lounge or main restaurant. my last stay is on April 2017.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:02 pm

Found this thread so will post a few comments here rather than in the mini review thread.

Tried 16 Accor Hotels last year for one night each to try to get a feel for Accor in Jakarta from Ibis to Raffles and Fairmont. That was the first time for me with Accor in Jakarta. Chose this Novotel based on service standard last year, connection to an (old) shopping mall with a Carrefour Hypermarket and ATM Centre, high quality of Premier Lounge and service for a mid-scale Novotel brand. Of course it is impossible to get a deep understanding of service issues based on a one night Stay. Found the overall quality here to be much higher than Novotel Gajah Mada but again only based on one night and most people probably choose hotels in Jakarta with one eye on traffic and where they need to be.

Anyway, regarding this 25 night Stay here are some main points:

Wifi ok at stable 6 Mbps but constantly disconnecting and not reconnecting automatically when moving around. The hotel is aware of this issue and is in the process of upgrading the infrastructure. Met with the excellent and very efficient IT Manager.

As mentioned above, this hotel is conveniently attached to an old shopping mall with some useful features.

Two free pieces of laundry per day as a Platinum benefit. Temporary problem maintaining supply of laundry bags. Around 3 months ago they eliminated all plastic laundry bags but had not prepared anywhere near enough cloth bags which they are recycling from old bed sheets etc. Fine initiative but should have prepared more of the new style bags before eliminating all of the old bags. Excellent but tiny young laundry staff managing laundry for this Novotel and the attached Ibis Styles.

All plastic water bottles in room eliminated and replaced by glass bottles. From memory only glass water bottles in PL too . . . higher quality Equil brand.

Hotel is currently in the process of replacing plastic mini shampoos etc with dispensers.

This is a combo Novotel and Ibis Styles and an adjoining third hotel will become an Ibis budget next year. Management staff are spread very thin as a result.

Excellent Hotel Manager here who is very visible and efficient, previously GM at one Jakarta Ibis. I did not meet the GM here who is actually the Regional GM for Accor in North and West Jakarta. If this Hotel Manager were to leave then I would think twice about doing another Long Stay here as the other managers looked to be having quite a tough time.

Very friendly and quite visible F&B Manager often visited the PL.

Very good Premier Lounge serving mini buffet breakfast and a la carte menu from 6 am to 11 am seven days a week. Snacks and at least one fresh juice during the day then two hours of Cocktails from 5 pm to 7 pm. The Lounge was never crowded let alone over crowded but it may well be at other times during the year. Family friendly. Very nice view of pool. Usually only one FO staff at the Reception desk . . . three in all rotating and working extremely hard answering constant phone calls while doing a huge amount of administrative work. One F&B server in the morning and another at night. Excellent main PL breakfast chef. At first preparation of the food was not quire ready at the advertised opening times of breakfast and cocktails but that soon improved.

I booked a second category Executive Room (Private or Supersale) and was given a one category upgrade to their Premier Floor on their top 9th Floor, one floor above their Premier Lounge and very conveniently connected by staircase negating the need to use the lifts whenever moving from room to PL. Very satisfied with large sized room (solo traveler) on very quiet floor. Did not expect anything more for a 25 night Stay booked at reduced rate.

Very courteous and available housekeeping staff.

Spa and all transportation third party.

Here are a few dated photos (some are from last year of objects which have not changed):

View from Premier Lounge

Premier Lounge

PL breakfast a la carte menu

Executive Room on Premier Floor

PL Cocktails

PL Lounge

Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:35 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Wow, they actually renovated the lounge.i wasn't aware of that.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I know this is an old thread, but just thought I would post as just had quite a rubbish experience there. (Previous stay was 2019 and was great)
Went with mum. Booked mum in a lounge access room and booked myself in a normal room, since I get the lounge access anyways.
We arrived at 18:00. However, they said one of the rooms was not yet ready and to check a bit later. In the end, we waited until 21:00 to receive the room. We had requested non-smoking rooms, but were given smoking rooms that had recently been used for smoking. Lounge has snacks and drinks between 18:00-19:00. Beer, wine and soft drinks. The snacks included fruit and salads and a couple of hot options that usually disappeared within 20 minutes and were never replaced. Went to request a bottle of water around 19:30 and was told that I would need to pay because drinks are only available with breakfast and from 18:00-19:00. Asked for a late checkout and was given 13:00. I then asked if we could at least use the lounge for the afternoon as a place to sit and use the computer as a compensation for not receiving our room until 21:00. Their response was, 'You are only two people. You got one room when you arrived and we are full. You should be grateful we gave you the second room at all.' And they said even with our 13:00 checkout, we could not use the lounge after 12:00.
Honestly, the service was the worst we received during our whole trip to Indonesia and I felt like a knob for paying a premium to stay here for a few nights when our one night stay at the Novotel Gajah Mada was so much better.
This hotel was full of people in tourist groups and it seems that is who they want to look after, by letting them stay in rooms until quite late.

Honestly, I am willing to overlook many physical faults when the service is good. But when the staff treat you like an inconvenience and have no interest in fixing problems, it is hard to overlook. I would personally recommend avoiding this hotel considering there are so many Accor options in Jakarta. I don't think I would ever return personally.
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.