Ibis Business Card - SCAM

Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by lingua101
Yes I was Accor Plus member until last month.

Yeah I can proceed now. But my question, if I join today, how this work? (...)
Once you are charged, your account is given an Ibis Card number, valid for the next 12 months.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by pb9997
Once you are charged, your account is given an Ibis Card number, valid for the next 12 months.
the status will be as confusing as AccorPlus I suppose? i.e. LCAH runs from 1-Jan to 31-Dec and this card status is from x to y
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
the status will be as confusing as AccorPlus I suppose? i.e. LCAH runs from 1-Jan to 31-Dec and this card status is from x to y
Unsure how IT upgrades status for Ibis Business members, as I was Plat and noticed no change.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Based on what pb said, I guess they will issue you another Accor #? Or you will have to request it from Accor.
The Accor # will be a separate number from your regular membership.

Anyhow, if you decide to purchase it Ibis Business membership, let me know how it goes. Will appreciate you sharing it as a DP.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Once you will sign up, on the last page (before the payment page) it will display the validity of your business card. You will get an instant upgrade to gold. Gold will be valid until the end of the year of the validity of your business card.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by dimon84
Once you will sign up, on the last page (before the payment page) it will display the validity of your business card. You will get an instant upgrade to gold. Gold will be valid until the end of the year of the validity of your business card.

i did did not notice the last page before payment. Once I entered my cc number, it brought me to the first page again (the one asking for email address).

i refresh my LCAH portal still silver but I saw another tab of ibis business card. I checked my mobile apps, I notice the card has gold color now. Another refresh in web, I saw the status is Gold.

expiry of ibis business card is 30-nov-2019. But my gold card show 12/2019
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Not an expensive way to get LCAH gold.
I might get that if I no longer qualify for LCAH gold.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Not an expensive way to get LCAH gold.
I might get that if I no longer qualify for LCAH gold.
yes indeed. They have 2 years membership which cost lesser, I think around EUR 169. I just want to try it out and see it how as next year Accor will definitely not my number 1 choice.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:43 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
yes indeed. They have 2 years membership which cost lesser, I think around EUR 169.
Currently, it's EUR 159 for two years and you get 800 Accor points. That works out to EUR 71.5 p.a., which ain't bad.

The price is lower for those based in certain developing countries/emerging markets.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by 1flyer
Currently, it's EUR 159 for two years and you get 800 Accor points. That works out to EUR 71.5 p.a., which ain't bad.

The price is lower for those based in certain developing countries/emerging markets.
ahhh really..... they did not make is clear that I will get 800 Accor points for signing for 2 years
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:09 am

Is it right to assume that if I wait until January 2019 to buy a 2-year membership, my Ibis card would be valid until January 2021 and the Gold status until December 2021 - basically, a 3-year status? Sounds like a good deal to those that won't make it to Gold.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
ahhh really..... they did not make is clear that I will get 800 Accor points for signing for 2 years
Maybe you need to go through the promo to get the 800 Accor points.

I found out about it on loyaltylobby. I'm not gonna post the link from there, as--unfortunately--I can't figure out how to undo the referral linking.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
The link without the clickid: https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/p...iness.en.shtml
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by aapee
Purchase or renew your ibis BUSINESS card before 31/12/2018, and we will credit 800 Rewards points directly to your account for all eligible stays completed before 28/02/2019
I think as long as you purchase (regardless 1 or 2 years) and stay by 28-Feb (in ibis/ibis style) then you will get 800 points.

May be I should do 1 booking.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More

i did did not notice the last page before payment. Once I entered my cc number, it brought me to the first page again (the one asking for email address).

i refresh my LCAH portal still silver but I saw another tab of ibis business card. I checked my mobile apps, I notice the card has gold color now. Another refresh in web, I saw the status is Gold.

expiry of ibis business card is 30-nov-2019. But my gold card show 12/2019

So you continue to collect points on your LCAH account (as Gold now), and in case you will have got enough points for Platinum status the Ibis Business Card Gold status would be overruled?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.