Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking friends rooms possible?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Booking friends rooms possible?

Can you book friends rooms in Accor hotels, using your own points & card, as a gift?

I used to be able to just give away reward certs
Old May 9, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
Can you book friends rooms in Accor hotels, using your own points & card, as a gift?

I used to be able to just give away reward certs
I believe you can book but if you not also stay in the hotel you will not receive points for the amount you paid for the stay. These nights will also not count for your status.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Although this is not entirely in line with the programme regulations, you will usually get points and nights credited unless the hotel insists on amending the details at check-in to remove your LCAH ID from the booking - this only happened once to me.

Given that hotels rarely make a fuss about the actual guests name, your friends should be fine. You can always add a note with the booking, or email the hotel, to inform them that the guest details will be different. They are being remunerated by ACCOR for point-prepaid stays, so it is not a problem for the hotel.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by JTCz
Although this is not entirely in line with the programme regulations, you will usually get points and nights credited unless the hotel insists on amending the details at check-in to remove your LCAH ID from the booking - this only happened once to me.

Given that hotels rarely make a fuss about the actual guests name, your friends should be fine. You can always add a note with the booking, or email the hotel, to inform them that the guest details will be different. They are being remunerated by ACCOR for point-prepaid stays, so it is not a problem for the hotel.
I have a Business Card Accor, and I was able to book 3 rooms maximun on the website with the discount offer by my card. Is-it normal? I was thinking that the card was valid only for the person named on the card, and not for others people.
In total, I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights. If I well understood, the program will normally credit 6 nights and the points of the 6 nights.
Do you think I will have also the special offer "3x booking of 2 nights = 6000 points". If I remenber the previous offers, it was not possible to book 3 times in the same hotel.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Concurrent room/nights should not be credited, although I am not sure how this works with the Business Card. I was recently forced to make two concurrent bookings to take advantage of the member discount (for some reason it didn't let me otherwise, although I could in other hotels), and I was still credited points for only one room. The system is hardwired against exploiting this.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by JTCz
Concurrent room/nights should not be credited, although I am not sure how this works with the Business Card. I was recently forced to make two concurrent bookings to take advantage of the member discount (for some reason it didn't let me otherwise, although I could in other hotels), and I was still credited points for only one room. The system is hardwired against exploiting this.
I will see. The booking is in June.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Slc2012
I have a Business Card Accor, and I was able to book 3 rooms maximun on the website with the discount offer by my card. Is-it normal? I was thinking that the card was valid only for the person named on the card, and not for others people.
In total, I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights. If I well understood, the program will normally credit 6 nights and the points of the 6 nights.
Do you think I will have also the special offer "3x booking of 2 nights = 6000 points". If I remenber the previous offers, it was not possible to book 3 times in the same hotel.
Please find below my experience:
First booking:
3 rooms booked for 2 nights on the Accor website.
They credited 2 nights + points for 2 rooms. They didn't credit the points for the third room and I received no extra nights.
Second booking:
3 rooms booked for 1 night on the Accor website.
They credited 2 nights + points for 3 rooms.
For all rooms, the discount of my Accor Buisness card was applicable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.