Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor best rate guarantee problems

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Accor best rate guarantee problems

Hello all. I am hoping your collective knowledge can help me with an issue I am having with the best rate guarantee (BRG).

I made a booking at the at the beginning of March at the newly acquired/ renovated Ibis Purpan (near TLS). The total asked by accorhotels.com was €268. I noted booking.com offered the same room under the same conditions for €133. I am not stupid, so I booked both (the rate is fully flex) and claimed BRG from Accor, as I would prefer to book direct if possible to get stay credit.

A month passed and I heard nothing, so I called the customer service centre to enquire. They said they would get right on it and I would hear by email. Weeks pass again and still nothing. The stay is next week now, so I called again. The agent said he would forward the request to the hotel for me to claim on arrival?! This is my first time attempting a BRG with Accor, but does that sound right to you guys? I can envisage arriving at the hotel having naively cancelled the booking.com booking, only to be told to go pound sand (in French), and be asked for €268.

So what to do about it? 🤔
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
As I understand the process, Accor Customer Service receives the BRG requests and if the BRG is valid, it then e-mails the hotel to advise that the hotel should modify the rate. So, I recommend that you call Customer Service to confirm that the BRG was approved and did they send that request to the hotel. If so, I suggest that you then e-mail the hotel's reservations department directly with the information. The hotel will likely respond and if not, you can call the hotel directly to speak with their reservations department. I've done several BRG with Accor and each time I've had to take this approach. The hotels seem to ignore the BRG approvals that come from "Cust Service" and instead the customer needs to follow-up.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Armodeen
Hello all. I am hoping your collective knowledge can help me with an issue I am having with the best rate guarantee (BRG).

I made a booking at the at the beginning of March at the newly acquired/ renovated Ibis Purpan (near TLS). The total asked by accorhotels.com was €268. I noted booking.com offered the same room under the same conditions for €133. I am not stupid, so I booked both (the rate is fully flex) and claimed BRG from Accor, as I would prefer to book direct if possible to get stay credit.

A month passed and I heard nothing, so I called the customer service centre to enquire. They said they would get right on it and I would hear by email. Weeks pass again and still nothing. The stay is next week now, so I called again. The agent said he would forward the request to the hotel for me to claim on arrival?! This is my first time attempting a BRG with Accor, but does that sound right to you guys? I can envisage arriving at the hotel having naively cancelled the booking.com booking, only to be told to go pound sand (in French), and be asked for €268.

So what to do about it? 🤔
Did exacty same thing,made two bookings altough in my case price was 66 euros. After 6 days a silence, send a question about BRG claim. Now almost two weeks were gone, stay is after one week. Sound of silence. Cancelled today both bookings. Recommend them to cancel the whole program if they cannot handle it. Probably they were pissed off and did not answered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.