Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Yangon Max vs Ibis Styles Yangon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Novotel Yangon Max vs Ibis Styles Yangon

Hi fellow travelers,

Was wondering if anyone has had any stay experiences in either of these two hotels? Am planning a trip there and any insightful tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Max

Hi SQ327

Hope you well. Not stayed IBIS but staying at Novotel Max

Booked suites, was very good rate. Rooms excellent and staff great

Note, make sure you dont get room under the restaurant which is on top floor, we had to move as there was live music, and people moving tables and chairs, even with ear plugs it was awful

Lounge was nice for breakfast. Great outdoor pool, good location

Bar was okay, smokey though as there is non-smoking section through the smoking section!

Issue with payment on way out, took 3 cards before one works, they have machines but dont use them instead online via computer

Nice hotel though
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
I stayed at Novotel Yangon Max and was not impressed, at all.

Novotel Yangon Max has a nice modern building but, for a four-star property, lacks service. In my opinion most routine things need to be escalated and either staff is not empowered or management just do not care until an issue gets escalated and, even so, make it crystal clear they are minimizing any and all losses on their side. Cheap.

Property is in the middle of an avenue, cars are required to/from property. Value of rides from hotel to centre, called by the hotel, can cost a given amount, as informed by reception, or more than double. And they all think that is ok.

Thus I would definitely give the Ibis Style a try in my eventual next stay.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks both for your replies.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: SK*D; Accor & Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by pb9997
I stayed at Novotel Yangon Max and was not impressed, at all.

Novotel Yangon Max has a nice modern building but, for a four-star property, lacks service. In my opinion most routine things need to be escalated and either staff is not empowered or management just do not care until an issue gets escalated and, even so, make it crystal clear they are minimizing any and all losses on their side. Cheap.

Property is in the middle of an avenue, cars are required to/from property. Value of rides from hotel to centre, called by the hotel, can cost a given amount, as informed by reception, or more than double. And they all think that is ok.

Thus I would definitely give the Ibis Style a try in my eventual next stay.
I may be coming a bit late but I kind of disagree with the review above. I really like the Novotel Yangon Max. Maybe being Plat makes a big difference but for me this is the best "affordable" hotel in Yangon, best swimming pool and fitness center, good breakfast, good food offering. In any case, I have always received perfect attention from staff, and even the smaller problems have been adequately addressed.

The traffic issue is the same everywhere, there is a shopping mall at a walking distance, albeit a bit old fashioned one.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by In the Wood
I may be coming a bit late but I kind of disagree with the review above. I really like the Novotel Yangon Max. Maybe being Plat makes a big difference but for me this is the best "affordable" hotel in Yangon, best swimming pool and fitness center, good breakfast, good food offering. In any case, I have always received perfect attention from staff, and even the smaller problems have been adequately addressed.

The traffic issue is the same everywhere, there is a shopping mall at a walking distance, albeit a bit old fashioned one.
I totally agree. Stayed there two nights recently with my spouse and we totally enjoyed our stay there. The location is not bad at all - half way between the airport and the city center and not far from some of the major attractions. We used the train to travel downtown. That may not be everyone's cup of tea but the train station is walking distance, the ride only costs a few cents and it is a unique way to experience local life in Myanmar.

We had lunch in a noodle shop in the nearby shopping center which was decent and very cheap.

I booked a suite for a bit over $100 per night including breakfast, but as platinum member we were upgraded to an executive suite, which is basically the same room but on the executive floor. We had access to the lounge which included breakfast anyway. Both the lounge and the breakfast were good. We received two drink vouchers which we used for cocktails at the pool.

All in all we would have no doubts returning to the Novotel Max when visiting Yangon again.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Staying at Novotel Yangon Max now, and using the EUR40 e-vouchers for payment. Abysmal exchange rates to USD. 40EUR e-vouchers is worth 40.50 USD in their book.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by In the Wood

This.

I had a great three night stay over Christmas, great rates and the suite I had was very good and spacious with a view of the Shwedagon Pagoda.

The lounge was excellent as were the staff and I certainly would have no issues with staying there again.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: Agoda
The Ibis rooftop is great... Draught beer, snacks, beautiful view!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.