Fairmont The Palm Dubai - Master thread

Old Mar 14, 17, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club AC Aero Plan
Fairmont The Palm Dubai - Master thread

Hi all, couple of quick questions. Considering a 10 day Dubai trip in August and thinking Fairmont The Palm. I know in many Fairmont Gold Lounges (Toronto and Ottawa) the drinks are on the honour system, is this the case in Dubai or they free like other properties (Raffles and Ritz Carlton)? Anyone stayed at the property who can comment on the daily food offerings in the lounge? Also is there an age limit for access to the club lounge (Waldorf wont allow kids under 12)? I have two kids traveling with me ages 11 and 8. Many thanks!!!!
Old Mar 14, 17, 7:43 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CYXU Guy View Post
Hi all, couple of quick questions. Considering a 10 day Dubai trip in August and thinking Fairmont The Palm. I know in many Fairmont Gold Lounges (Toronto and Ottawa) the drinks are on the honour system, is this the case in Dubai or they free like other properties (Raffles and Ritz Carlton)? Anyone stayed at the property who can comment on the daily food offerings in the lounge? Also is there an age limit for access to the club lounge (Waldorf wont allow kids under 12)? I have two kids traveling with me ages 11 and 8. Many thanks!!!!
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary at Gold lounges outside North America.

It's one of the few Fairmont properties I haven't stayed at, but you may get better feedback if you post in the Fairmont forum here on FT.
Old Mar 14, 17, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Fairmont Gold Lounge Dubai The Palm

Hi all, couple of quick questions. Considering a 10 day Dubai trip in August and thinking Fairmont The Palm. I would like to utilize Fairmont Gold Lounge there. Anyone stayed at the property who can comment on the daily food offerings in the lounge, how often the offerings are changed? Also is there an age limit for access to the club lounge (Waldorf in Dubai wont allow kids under 12)? I have two kids traveling with me ages 11 and 8. Many thanks!!!!
Old Mar 14, 17, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary at Gold lounges outside North America.

It's one of the few Fairmont properties I haven't stayed at, but you may get better feedback if you post in the Fairmont forum here on FT.
Many thanks!! I have posted over there now. Much appreciated!!!
Old Mar 14, 17, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ahhh, but is it a luxury hotel or would this thread get a better response in the Fairmont forum? Would appreciate members' views as I have never been to Dubai but have stayed at other Fairmonts which I definitely don't regard as luxury.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Mar 14, 17, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Ahhh, but is it a luxury hotel or would this thread get a better response in the Fairmont forum? Would appreciate members' views as I have never been to Dubai but have stayed at other Fairmonts which I definitely don't regard as luxury.

I respectfully disagree.

While many Fairmont properties are probably more "solid 4.5* to lower-end 5* properties" and don't necessarily meet the definition of "luxury" of some forum participants, quite a few Fairmont properties could indeed be described as "luxury" (e.g. the Savoy, the Plaza, the Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg, the Fairmont Montreux Palace, the Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai, the Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver etc.)

There are also various locations where Fairmont offers by far the best property (e.g. Victoria, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise)

As far as Dubai is concerned, there's an almost infinite number of high-end and luxury hotels, and the Fairmont The Palm certainly isn't among the top ones.

But either way - I think this thread may get more responses in the Fairmont forum.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Mar 14, 17 at 8:45 pm
Old Mar 14, 17, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by CYXU Guy View Post
Hi all, couple of quick questions. Considering a 10 day Dubai trip in August and thinking Fairmont The Palm. I would like to utilize Fairmont Gold Lounge there. Anyone stayed at the property who can comment on the daily food offerings in the lounge, how often the offerings are changed? Also is there an age limit for access to the club lounge (Waldorf in Dubai wont allow kids under 12)? I have two kids traveling with me ages 11 and 8. Many thanks!!!!
To the best of my knowledge, the Gold lounge at the Fairmont The Palm does not have a minimum age requirement, but I can check with my contact at the hotel if you like.

The food offering in the lounge consists of:

- continental breakfast with 3-4 rotating hot dishes
- afternoon tea
- evening canapes
Old Mar 14, 17, 8:38 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
I respectfully disagree.

While many Fairmont properties are probably more "solid 4.5* to lower-end 5* properties" and don't necessarily meet the definition of "luxury" of some forum participants, quite a few Fairmont properties could indeed be described as "luxury" (e.g. the Savoy, the Plaza, the Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg, the Fairmont Montreux Palace, the Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai, the Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver etc.)

There are also various locations where Fairmont offers by far the best property (e.g. Victoria, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise)

As far as Dubai is concerned, there's an almost infinite number of high-end and luxury hotels, and the Fairmont The Palm certainly isn#t among the top ones.

But either way - I think this thread may get more responses in the Fairmont forum.
I agree. I've stayed at the Chicago and Vancouver Airport properties. They're not 5*, they're nice, just not luxury.
Old Mar 14, 17, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sounds like OP is considering multiple dubai luxury hotels?

dar al masyaf at madinat >

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
DAM villas have a very pleasant open bar session every evening in the communal courtyards. This is a lot nicer than having a drink in the lounge.
Originally Posted by cadogan1 View Post
MUCH nicer having your pre-dinner drinks in the DAM summerhouse than in the club - we used both but preferred the villa option, as did the children (who would get bought their own hot chocolate in silver jugs which they thought was the height of decadence - and probably is actually now i think of it!!) to drink whilst we enjoyed our champagne etc.
Drinks are served for a couple of hours each evening - think it's is 6-8pm but cant exactly recall. The butlers ask what you'd like and then keep topping you up - no proper bar set up as such, but they bring you whatever you'd like plus some nuts etc to nibble on, so it's not like the club offering but it's a lovely start (or for us with the young children sometimes the finish!) to the evening! I always had a few glasses of champagne, my husband would tend to have wine or gin and tonics and the children loved their hot chocolates. It was always fun meeting a few other guests as well.
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle View Post
Agree! Much nicer having pre-dinner drinks in your own lounge area in the DAM summer houses.
At DAM we stayed in a room that sounds as though it would work for you - main bedroom with king sized bed and huge bathroom, then the children were through in the sitting room that has closing between the bedroom and that area, where they made up a double sofa bed as well as a separate single bed. They had their own toilet but shared our bathroom, and there was a small kitchen area as well. It worked really well

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 14, 17 at 10:57 pm
Old Mar 15, 17, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
I was recently at the Fairmont Palm and was absolutely NOT impressed. In fact I would have checked out early had I not been on a prepaid Expedia rate and only there two nights. Absolutely appalling service from the Fairmont Gold team.

The lounge is nothing impressive. Cocktails and alcohol are only for around 2 hours in the evening and you (as a male adult) are required to not be in shorts (more dressy) whereas they allow screaming children to run around the lounge at that time without problem. Really really annoying.

The food is definitely not Luxury level (i.e. Ritz or Mandarin). There is NO champagne at all and the wines are just barely drinkable.

In contrast I went and toured the Ritz Carlton Dubai (on the Marina) and their club offering appeared to be superb-including all day alcohol (including champagne).

I will definitely take a pass on the Fairmont The Palm on my future trips to Dubai.
Old Mar 16, 17, 9:22 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Off to the Fairmont forum.

Old Oct 30, 17, 8:31 pm

The Fairmont Palm needs to change its breakfast buffet offerings daily. We got very bored after the 3rd day of a 7 day stay. Same old offerings each day. 5 stars need imagination.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: