Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Ibis Styles Toulouse Blagnac Airport - Dirty - Insulting customer service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:15 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

Ibis Styles Toulouse Blagnac Airport

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

45 Rue de Bordebasse Blagnac, FR 31700

Ibis Styles Toulouse Blagnac Airport - Dirty - Insulting customer service (2 Photos)

I often need to stay a night near TLS. After sampling the Pullman (bad) and the Ibis (bof) I tried the Ibis Styles, opened in December 2016. I am not a serial complainer and there are plenty of hotels I gave good reviews on this forum. But the Ibis Styles Toulouse Blagnac Airport was my worst hotel experience since a long time. And is the worst of a bad bunch around Blagnac.

Check In

The check in experience was not great. The poor employee was clearly new and without experience. Which is fine except the hotel management left her on her own on a night shift. Thus she was out of her depth regarding Le Club Accor Hotel benefits ("Voucher drink ? Euh I was not given informations") and questions other than where is the lift and the breakfast time.

Room

The room is small, which is par for course for an Ibis Styles. The heating is on and while it could be turned off, there was another vent panel pulsing hot air that could not be turned off. Thus it was not possible to decrease the 24 degrees temperature in the room other than by opening the window, in February.

The bed was stained, and the shower cubicle are dirty. They are in process of being renovated, but the work was not done prior to opening. 

IMG_0042.JPGIMG_0043.JPG

The pictures speak for themselves. Due to the very late hour and my very low trust level into the receptionist, i then proceed to bed and slept with my clothes. 

Dining

The breakfast quality and choice is poor, low quality products. It is not worth it.

The hotel is located 800 meters from the proxipark P1. It seems that it is possible to walk, I could not comment as I used a Uber due to the winds and rain. There is a Subway on the other side of the hotel. 

Overall

I complain obviously about the poor experience the next day, at check out. The receptionist apologised but emphasise I should had came back when discovering the dirty bed, even that it was too late and I was tired and ready to go to bed.

I was later given 16 (sixteen) Le Club points by email as compensation. I answered back considering that I found the amount more than disappointing and was left without response. I find this insulting. 

Would you like to write a review on the Ibis Styles Toulouse Blagnac Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:20 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Wow, 16 points How generous!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Disaster.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Wow, 16 points How generous!
a tip or an insult
As 2000 points = €40 for redemption, this is a wonderful gift of...€0.3. Laugh or cry ?
maybe they forgot a couple of zeros ?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The 16 points really are a great way to finish that experience off...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:50 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I still have no answer from the hotel about my comment to them of the miserable compensation. I have also not received the post-stay survey, which I always do with Accor, with a couple of exceptions (which I think are actually all french properties). Anyway it seems this case is under review currently by the management team.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
16 points. This may have been the result of the calculation that allows a % of the room rate. Whatever the case, it is an insult and should not have been done. However, there seems to be a real lack of common sense at Accor now.

I have stayed at one Ibis hotel, and was pleased with what I received. It was a low budget experience, but I paid a rate that reflected that. This Ibis hotel experience, is just another reason for me to continue to avoid Accor whenever possible.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Some update to this: thanks to Amy the case escalated to Customer Services and the hotel will be investigated. They seems to take this seriously to avoid it from re-occuring.
I was also given a courtesy gesture of 4000 points. I am satisfied with the outcome.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Some update to this: thanks to Amy the case escalated to Customer Services and the hotel will be investigated. They seems to take this seriously to avoid it from re-occuring.
I was also given a courtesy gesture of 4000 points. I am satisfied with the outcome.
Excellent. I hope such service recovery when things go south becomes the norm rather than the need to have to plead.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

So the show must go on. After being pending for nearly 2 months, the check-in on Places was refused. Amy ?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:37 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi franksnorge,

You need to contact customer services for any Places check-ins as I don't have the necessary information.

You can contact customer services by connecting to your account to find the online form and your local phone number.

You may also check our FAQ section:
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/support/contact.shtml

Kind regards
Amy
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks Amy, I contacted them using the form.
First comment, in the list of topics, I choose Le Club Accorhotels. The list of sub-topics does not contain Places check-ins or badges.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:26 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi there,

Thank you for letting me know, I will inform the team

Kind regards,
Amy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.