Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Mercure Vienna First - Boutique Hotel in the heart of Vienna

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

Hotel Mercure Vienna First

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Desider-Friedmann-Platz 2, Vienna, AT 1010

Mercure Vienna First - Boutique Hotel in the heart of Vienna (4 Photos)

1_20170204_101213.jpg

I had a week-end break in Vienna this year and decided to choose this hotel based on the location and that it was promoted as a boutique hotel. I booked during a promotion: book 2 nights during a week-end and pay for one. It costs around 150 EUR, inclusive of breakfast. 

Check In

Check-in was quick and I got the key to my room fairly quickly. I had booked a special room "myRoom" so no upgrade for me, but I could have gotten a Superior Room if I wanted to. 

I was given a voucher for any drink valid at the bar. I had no special welcome gift or any other benefits as a Platinium member. 

Room

20170204_103137.jpg

This hotel features three rooms of the type "myRoom". Those are normal queen bed rooms decorated by employees of the hotel, each one with a different theme. 

They are: Vision of Vienna, Majestic Break and Romantic Pause. 

I had Majestic Break, themed around spa/aromatherapy/Sisi. No extra amenities available, just the decoration and atmosphere of the room. I did like it and find it relaxing. 

20170204_103144.jpg

The bed is a standard double bed, which I found quite soft. It was not too soft but I love a harder mattress. Otherwise this is a normal sized standard room, small as you would expect in the old building of a european capital. Not much of a view.

20170204_103204.jpg

The bathroom was standard. Some rooms features a shower cabin rather than a bath, based on the pictures on the accor website/app. 

Dining

The breakfast was good with the expected buffet spread, although I find it lacking in hot items: eggs, sausage and bacon only. The restaurant is nicely laid out and does not have the canteen atmosphere some places can have. They do omelettes to order and the beverage service is good. 

Except for breakfast, the restaurant and bar were closed during my stay. No reason were given and no mention of this during booking. This was not a problem of course as there are plenty of excellent food options in the neighborhood. For the drink voucher, I was invited to use it at the Mercure Wien City, their sister hotel a mere 200 m away. 

There is small pastry shop selling soda, bottled water and snacks in the lobby.

The hotel is located 400 meters from Morzinplatz, which is a bus stop for the bus to/from the airport. Note that the walk from the bus to the hotel is on paved road and uphill, if you have massive luggage this could be difficult.

Stephansdom is 5 minutes walk, and all the tourist attractions close by or easy to access. The next U-bahn station is 5 minutes walk.

There are plenty of restaurants and bar in the hotel surroundings, as well as shops if needed.

Overall

I would not classify this as a boutique hotel but this hotel definitely has a certain atmosphere and charm. It classifies well as a Mercure and is not upscale enough to be a MGallery. For a city break this is a great hotel, which should tick all marks. 

I would not recommend it to the business traveller though.

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Mercure Vienna First?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
i am now staying at hotel am konzerthaus vienna (Mgallery by sofitel), will share some photo later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.