Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2017 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2017 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Review completed!

Originally Posted by RJ77
Sounds nice. Are you going to do a real review soon?
I just did - hope you read it soon, & let me know what you think!
RJ77 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Booked a standard room, moved to an Exec. suite when it was available the following day. Past 2-3 stays, was assigned the suite at check in
(Most recently in July '17)

- How are the rooms?
Standard room was of a small-ish size; the standard room with Executive floor benefits has a Nespresso coffee machine in the room as well as some enhanced amenities.
Standard bathroom size & amenities.
Exec. Suite has a separate living area & bedroom, very generous size for both and the bathroom with adjoining walk in closet runs along the length of the entire suite! Large bathtub, separate toilet & shower area & 2 sinks!
Most important item for this trip was the full sized desk which the standard rooms lacked.
The std room just had a counter running along part of the TV wall. Not conducive for work at all although if hard pressed, one could use the high side table by the sofa.

Good: Smooth check-in, status recognised and loyalty perks offered without having to ask. Breakfast and dinner were good with a decent selection available. Hotel is in a good location near the airport via free shuttle bus & I just noticed on this trip, the MRT from/to the airport terminals is free as well

Bad: Nothing really to note but perhaps just FYI - I was told the nearest Family Mart was at the airport, as the one in the CAL building is in a restricted area & only accessible by the CAL staff.

Awesome! Breakfast is served from 6.30am to 10am and happy hour from 6pm to 8pm. The staff are always friendly and warm, one of the best lounges in the Accor group!
I did not consume breakfast in the lounge as the variety in the main restaurants was better (hot & fresh noodle soups), as well as the later time that it ended (extra 30 min. of sleep!)
Happy hour was excellent, good mix of hot items as well as fruit, salad, cheese & breads etc. Hard liqors & wines plus beer & soda were served as well.

Voucher for a welcome drink & welcome letter received at check in without having to ask. Small plate of fruit & cheese and wine glasses were sent the following day. Bottle of red wine was already in the room, along with 2 bottles of water.
On previous stays, all amenities were placed in the room before my arrival.

This is a reasonably priced hotel & good value for money if you are an Platinum member. In recent months, the room rate has increased by NT$500, even during the member private sales. I will most definitely return if I had to stay near the airport.
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Sofitel Chicago

- Name of the hotel:Sofitel Chicago Mangificent Mile

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Booked the lowest priced room and received upgrade to the highest (Corner Suite 700 sqare feet) on 29th (of 32 floors). For information, a colleague who is Gold booked and received the same, but his Corner suite was on 22nd floor

- How are the rooms?
Excellent. Extremely spacious (obviously, given the size)

Good: everything really, except some might think the rooms had become a little tired (I didn't), as an upgrade of the hotel, starting from the top floor, is programmed to begin this December and conclude in April 2018

Bad: Nothing

There was no club lounge that I was aware of

Two drinks vouchers, rather than the normal one (Sofitel always seem to do this); small welcome platter of nuts and large glass bottle of water in room on first night. When I didn't open the water (two plastic bottles were left each day) on the first night, it was taken away. Added later: important point - the drinks vouchers were for anything on the bar drinks menu up to a value of $30 (each voucher).
For info: Veuve Cliquot champage was listed at $30

I stayed at the end of a holiday weekend and the rates for Sunday and Monday were excellent. Tuesday was a higher rate. At the Sunday/Monday right, I'd stay again without question. Otherwise, it would depend on the rate at the time I was travelling. But I liked the hotel and its staff and would return if the rate wasn't extortionate.
uggboy likes this.

Last edited by rangerss75; Oct 7, 2017 at 5:03 am Reason: I forgot something
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:32 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Pullman Kuching

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Kuching

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? I'm OK (I will do a full review soon once I get a offcial reply from the hotel about my feedback)

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior Room and got upgraded to Family room due to us requesting an extra bed

- How are the rooms? Well let's be honest, rooms aren't maintained well as with many hotels in Malaysia. Hotel in general starting to show it's age.

Good:

Bad:
- Food
- Sub-par Service
- Hotel showing it's aged interior
- Getting locked out of the room for nearly an hour at 10+pm as the door lock malfunctioned and even the master key could not open the door. Had to call engineering to open the door manually from the other side of the door by using a flexible metal stick to stick under the door and hook it onto the door handle on the other side to open the door. It was base entirely on luck as you could't see where the hook will land on the other side of the door. Although I don't entirely blame the hotel as it was the Door Lock that malfunctioned, I understand that the hotel has send the door lock back to the manufacturer.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, lounge is called "The Peak Executive Lounge" and it is by far....the biggest executive lounge I have ever been to....EVER. But big doesn't always mean good. (Will cover it in the full review)

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Had a specific Cocktail/Mocktail menu at the Hotel Lobby Bar to choose welcome drinks from.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Well, hotel isn't necessarily overpriced and with Pullman Kuching being the only Accor Hotel option in Kuching, I have no choice to stay here as the Hilton Kuching does't fair well either.

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Sep 26, 2017 at 7:47 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:27 pm

- Name of the hotel:

Novotel Brussels Airport

- What is your Le Club status?

Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes, for the most part.

I booked a standard room, and got a superior one.

- How are the rooms?

It seems they have been recently renovated. Lots of room, big closet. Shower and toilet area are completely separated.

Good:

Friendly and professional staff at the front desk and restaurant.

Bad:

Shuttle bus driver was rude

N/A

Great ammenity bag. It had belgian cookies, a bottle of water, a pair of colorful socks and a small body lotion. In addition to that, I also received a welcome drink voucher plus a 20 EUR breakfast voucher. There was one more complimentary bottle of water in the mini fridge.

Room was under 100 EUR so the voucher was a big plus. I would definitely return but will take a cab instead of the shuttle bus.
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:29 pm

ibis London Euston Station - St Pancras International

Name of the hotel: ibis London Euston Station - St Pancras International

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked double room and got the same but they did ask if I want to have bathtub/ shower during check in (only double/ twin room in this hotel)

- How are the rooms? The room is quite nice, standard ibis style

Good: Location is good (next to Euston station) and the staff are friendly

Bad: couldn't think of anything special

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

2 drink voucher provided at check in without asking

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? the price can vary quite a lot depending on dates, but it's super convenient if you are using Euston station

1 thing about this hotel is that they don't have an actual reception and instead there are a few staff at the lobby moving around to check in. It works pretty well when I arrive but I'm not sure if it is busy as I can imagine it could get pretty messy when many people come and check in at the same time. You can just leave the key card inside the room during check out.
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:43 pm

Pullman London St Pancras

Name of the hotel: Pullman London St Pancras

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Quite

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic and upgraded to superior

- How are the rooms? The room is quite spacious, as the superior room is meant to have up to 4 people

Good: Location is good (close to King's cross/ St Pancras station or underground) and the staff are very friendly

Bad:
some welcome amenities would be nice, apart from the printed welcome note
the reception spent a while to find my booking, which end up knowing that he should search through another function if online check has been made

1 drink voucher provided at check in, a printed welcome note and late check out

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I might return for the location
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
Name of the hotel: Novotel Gajahmada

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? stay here few times, very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? book lowest got highest room category (not even listed in their website) its located on the highest floor(23rd) and only have 6 rooms on the entire floor. base on the floor plan its a similar size suite for all 6 rooms.

- How are the rooms? very spacious

Good: staff very good, fantastic upgrade and status recognition

Bad: average breakfast

- Did you get club lounge access? Yes, extremely tiny lounge which only serve afternoon tea

1 drink voucher provided at check in can be used for drinks include beer and a few cocktalis

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes!
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Shanghai Hyland

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Absolutely delighted.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room with Club access and received a junior suite

- How are the rooms? Excellent - large room with separate lounge area and a desk, large bathroom with shower and bath.

Good:
The whole thing was excellent. Staff were friendly and professional. The lounge space was excellent - I went to the evening happy hour service and there was a lot of choice for food (more than I've seen in other lounges). Location was brilliant for Metro and shopping. I had booked a rate with breakfast in the main restaurant and honestly, if you couldn't find something you wanted to eat, you need to check if you have a pulse.

Bad: If I'm going to nitpick (and it is a nitpick) some of the breakfast items on the hot plate were tepid on one morning but the rest of it was all great.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes - see above.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I was given a voucher for the bar which could be used for beer or wine (I had a local beer from the tap, which was very good). There was also a gift plate of macaroons and fruit waiting for me in my room and a letter of welcome from the manager.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Absolutely - I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and I've recommended it to some friends looking to do a trip to Shanghai.

Big thanks to gilbertaue, RJ77 and goldorak for the recommendation!

1F
RJ77 and uggboy like this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Excellent ^
thank you 1nfrequent
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Name of the hotel: Novotel London Blackfrairs

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes. Great stay

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? book superior and got upgraded to executive room (same room with nespresso machine). But my room was huge!
​​

- How are the rooms? One of the newer gen Novotel design. Comfortable and great view of the shard on the top floor. Very big room.

Good: friendly staff. Nice view.
​​​​Free 4 bottles of water daily. Very prompt housekeeping. 3 min walk from Southwark station.

Bad: breakfast was the same for 4 days. To nitpick, no soap dish in toilet

- Did you get club lounge access? No lounge

1 drink voucher at check in
Early check in @11am
Gd service recovery - welcome gift was a magnet (with spelling error). I emailed GM (based on welcome letter). He was on leave and ops manager replied w apologies. Brownies sent up the same day w written apologies and new gift (multi purpose usb) was delivered the next day.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes. Definitely.
uggboy likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:41 am

Mercure Krakow Stare Miasto

Name of the hotel: Mercure Krakow Stare Miasto

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard double and upgraded to superior on privilege floor

- How are the rooms? The room is spacious in new mercure style

Good: Location is excellent (opposite to a large shopping mall/ train station/ bus terminal and old town is just a few minutes walk) and the staff are very friendly

Bad:
wifi connection isn't very good inside the room, especially further away from the door
you can hear a little noise when a tram pass by, perhaps it would be better to choose room does not face the train station

1 drink voucher provided at check in (the voucher also states 2 drink for room with double occupancy), welcome snacks and a pair of socks in traditional polish pattern along with some candy

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes!
gilbertaue and hotel_user like this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:24 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Woughton House - MGallery Milton Keynes

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Overall ok stay, Le club Elite benefits poor.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 1 Junior suite plus 1 Privilege Room. Receieved the same, queried upgrade and after much computer keyboard tapping advised no upgrade available. Accor.com showing all room types still available but didn't push it further.

- How are the rooms? Small rooms (junior suite size of decent normal room) both well appointed. Junior suite appeared recently renovated.

Good:
Hotel located in attractive parkland setting.
Rooms and public areas well appointed and recently refurbished.
For UK MGallery good room rates.

Bad:
Bath robes absent from suite, iron in room but ironing board missing, complimentary soft drink mini bar plus complimentary prosecco missing from suite. All corrected via a call to reception but evident house keeping hadn't serviced room properly. Hotel proactively discounted room rate at checkout due to these omissions.
Buffet Breakfast (£18) if not included in rate only includes tea and basic pot of coffee as hot drinks. Latte, cappuccino, mocha, hot chocolate etc are all charged additionally at £4 per cup.

N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher for 4 provided at check in. Advised good for small glass of wine, soft drink, draught beer and "maybe spirits" but would need manager approval. No welcome amenity, no specific Le Club acknowledgement beyond drink voucher. No evidence of VIP welcome. Late check out request to 2pm was refused.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Hotel recent conversion from Mercure to MGallery and was offering excellent room rates only £2 more per night than close by Novotel and Mercure. For price paid happy with stay but Le Club benefits offered were poor. Minor service issues plus penny pinching evident at breakfast.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
- Name of the hotel: Woughton House - MGallery Milton Keynes

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Overall ok stay, Le club Elite benefits poor.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 1 Junior suite plus 1 Privilege Room. Receieved the same, queried upgrade and after much computer keyboard tapping advised no upgrade available. Accor.com showing all room types still available but didn't push it further.

- How are the rooms? Small rooms (junior suite size of decent normal room) both well appointed. Junior suite appeared recently renovated.

Good:
Hotel located in attractive parkland setting.
Rooms and public areas well appointed and recently refurbished.
For UK MGallery good room rates.

Bad:
Bath robes absent from suite, iron in room but ironing board missing, complimentary soft drink mini bar plus complimentary prosecco missing from suite. All corrected via a call to reception but evident house keeping hadn't serviced room properly. Hotel proactively discounted room rate at checkout due to these omissions.
Buffet Breakfast (£18) if not included in rate only includes tea and basic pot of coffee as hot drinks. Latte, cappuccino, mocha, hot chocolate etc are all charged additionally at £4 per cup.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher for 4 provided at check in. Advised good for small glass of wine, soft drink, draught beer and "maybe spirits" but would need manager approval. No welcome amenity, no specific Le Club acknowledgement beyond drink voucher. No evidence of VIP welcome. Late check out request to 2pm was refused.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Hotel recent conversion from Mercure to MGallery and was offering excellent room rates only £2 more per night than close by Novotel and Mercure. For price paid happy with stay but Le Club benefits offered were poor. Minor service issues plus penny pinching evident at breakfast.
wow ! Very poor LCAH platinum treatment
Another hotel to avoid...
starflyergold likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Classic Room with Queen Bed received an Executive Room with King Bed

- How are the rooms? Good size room - very comfortable bed and choice of pillows. The bathroom only has a walk-in shower with great shower pressure from the rainfall shower head (not sure if any of the rooms have baths but I didn't need one). There's also a sofa bed, tea and coffee making facilities, robes and slippers, a mini bar and in-room safe.

Good:
The location is great - right in the Old Town and really handy for the main sites (almost everything you'd want to see is within walking distance) and there's a large shopping centre 2 minutes away. Staff were very helpful - I was given early check in and late check out without any issue and when they realised they hadn't given me my drinks voucher (something I hadn't noticed) they stopped me on my way out to give it to me. My rate included breakfast and I thought the spread was very good - good choice of continental and cooked food items, plus waffles and crepes and cereals - really something for everyone.

Bad: The temperature control in the room wasn't great - it frequently got too hot and I'd have to open the window.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drinks voucher valid for variety of wines and beers or soft drinks. There was also a 30% voucher off for the restaurant.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, definitely. My rate was 30% off including free breakfast and I thought it was an absolute steal for what I got.

1F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.