Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Sofitel Gold Coast - nice stay!

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

81 Surf Parade Broadbeach, QL AU 4218

Sofitel Gold Coast - nice stay! (5 Photos)

Now to the last installment of my hotel review of our Australia trip :)

We had checked out of the Pullman Brisbane and as it was threatening rain the next couple of days, we pulled forward our plans to head to Movie World for the same day. 

We arreived at the Sofitel late afternoon, exhausted and ready for a shower.

Room

Here I was just checking my booking for the review and I wanted to comment on what nice Deluxe Spa room we were upgraded into - wait... I booked that. So obviously we were not upgraded. Hmm.

Anyway, the room was a corner room at the end of a coridor and we had a wonderful view of Broadbeach.

20161207_152345.jpg

20161207_152610.jpg

I love these shutter windows.

20161207_152902comp.jpg

20161207_152704.jpg

Check In

Greeting us at the driveway was the concierge Nick who took our bags and suggested that if we planned to park at the hotel that we should just leave the car there, check in and have the hotel hand us the parking ticket. It would make thinngs easier than driving in and then having to vaildate that ticket etc.

Checking us in was Gavin who is the FOM at this property. Very nice gentleman and we had a very pleasant chat. He handed me the room keys, and gave us the parking ticket "which as it's your first stay with us we will waive all charges". Very much appreciated after the parking charges in Sydney and Brisbane.

He noticed our daughter and came out with a very cute Sofitel Bear.

He then mentioned something which I later read in the welcome letter as well: "As we do not have a lounge, breakfast is complimentary for Platinum members" - nice! (Is this a sign of things to come?!)

Service

Welcome amenity:

20161207_153032.jpg

Couldn't fault much.

Housekeeping was good with daily turndown service.

Only issue was they didn't replenish water. First night I called housekeeping and I was bought some water and told that from the second night onwards it would be chargeable. Hmmm ??!

Gave Gavin the FOM an update on this during check-out and he assured me that this shouldn't be the case and that he would follow up with housekeeping.

Dining

We only had breakfast in this property - but it was good. They have a lovely outdoor veranda bordered by similar shutters as in the bathroom and it was very tranquil and a very nice setting.

Unfortunately as they serve an early lunch, they close that section before breakfast ends so they can set the tables for lunch - don't understand why.

We ate on the veranda the first day after insisting (at 9:15am) that it was too early for them to set up for lunch. The second day we came down at 9:45 and it was already closed.

Location is good - close to Pacific Fair and about 5mins by car from the Surfers Strip. There is also a tram stop not too far away.

Overall

Overall a good stay and very service-oriented property. I would certainly stay there again.

Sofitel Gold Coast - nice stay!

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Stayed there a number of times with work this year and never upgraded as a Plat.

Spoke to Hotel Manager about this and she always quotes "availability"...despite checking online which reveals plenty of availability.

I put it down to poor Management.

Now stay at Hilton Surfers and always upgraded.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Introduction Now to the last installment of my hotel review of our Australia trip We had checked out of the Pullman Brisbane and as it was threatening rain the next couple of days, we pulled forward our plans to head to Movie World for the same day. We arreived at the Sofitel late afternoon, exhausted and ready for a shower. Room Here I was just checking my booking for the review and I wanted to comment on what nice Deluxe Spa room we were upgraded into - wait... I booked that. So obviously we were not upgraded. Hmm.Anyway, the room was a corner room at the end of a coridor and we had a wonderful view of Broadbeach.I love these shutter windows. Check In Greeting us at the driveway was the concierge Nick who took our bags and suggested that if we planned to park at the hotel that we should just leave the car there, check in and have the hotel hand us the parking ticket. It would make thinngs easier than driving in and then having to vaildate that ticket etc.Checking us in was Gavin who is the FOM at this property. Very nice gentleman and we had a very pleasant chat. He handed me the room keys, and gave us the parking ticket "which as it's your first stay with us we will waive all charges". Very much appreciated after the parking charges in Sydney and Brisbane.He noticed our daughter and came out with a very cute Sofitel Bear.He then mentioned something which I later read in the welcome letter as well: "As we do not have a lounge, breakfast is complimentary for Platinum members" - nice! (Is this a sign of things to come?!) Service Welcome amenity: Couldn't fault much.Housekeeping was good with daily turndown service.Only issue was they didn't replenish water. First night I called housekeeping and I was bought some water and told that from the second night onwards it would be chargeable. Hmmm ??!Gave Gavin the FOM an update on this during check-out and he assured me that this shouldn't be the case and that he would follow up with housekeeping. Dining We only had breakfast in this property - but it was good. They have a lovely outdoor veranda bordered by similar shutters as in the bathroom and it was very tranquil and a very nice setting.Unfortunately as they serve an early lunch, they close that section before breakfast ends so they can set the tables for lunch - don't understand why.We ate on the veranda the first day after insisting (at 9:15am) that it was too early for them to set up for lunch. The second day we came down at 9:45 and it was already closed. Location Location is good - close to Pacific Fair and about 5mins by car from the Surfers Strip. There is also a tram stop not too far away. Overall Overall a good stay and very service-oriented property. I would certainly stay there again.
Stayed here a few times and never had free b/fast included for being Platinum so must be a thing of late ^^
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:25 pm

Stayed beginning of Dec, offered spa room but was suggested the high level corner room was more spacious and better view so took that, if I wasn't happy I could change. My parking fees weren't waived though 😒

The breakfast deal was on then for Lkats too, or you could take 500 points instead.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:20 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edman
Stayed beginning of Dec, offered spa room but was suggested the high level corner room was more spacious and better view so took that, if I wasn't happy I could change. My parking fees weren't waived though 😒

The breakfast deal was on then for Lkats too, or you could take 500 points instead.
The spa room we were given was on a corner - if not for an extra bed I would have found it quite spacious.

Was just kicking myself upon doing my trip expenses when I realized that I had in fact booked the spa room and not a deluxe room - and had asked if our room was upgraded and was told that it was.
However at that time I completely forgot that I had booked a spa room and so was under the impression that what I was told and "upgraded" to was really an upgrade.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 10:31 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Trying to use SNA’s (in the next 6 hours) for a weekend getaway in the winter.

Rate looks good - room looks nice. But the green marble is a bit… 1995?

Any recent experiences?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by shuuy
Trying to use SNA’s (in the next 6 hours) for a weekend getaway in the winter.

Rate looks good - room looks nice. But the green marble is a bit… 1995?

Any recent experiences?
My most recent experience is from ...1995 - will that help? I have fond memories of green marble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.